Lenny Cooke: Star to Be Who Never Was (UPDATE)

Damn man that pic is rough. Always hoped dude would make it some how 
tired.gif

If he had just went to school
30t6p3b.gif

It's really ashame to see someone with so much talent go down like that. It's not even like he just had bad advice, dude straight up had bad luck. Getting into that car accident and then tearing both achilles? That's such a sad thing.

A lot of people say guy A or B would've been the real deal, but I think Lenny Cooke will always be regarded as someone with the most talent to never make it to the NBA.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

30t6p3b.gif

It's really ashame to see someone with so much talent go down like that. It's not even like he just had bad advice, dude straight up had bad luck. Getting into that car accident and then tearing both achilles? That's such a sad thing.

A lot of people say guy A or B would've been the real deal, but I think Lenny Cooke will always be regarded as someone with the most talent to never make it to the NBA.

Uhh.. He definitely had bad advice. He had people telling him whatever he wanted to hear.

I mean, in hindsight....the kid was going to be a 20 year old FR if he ever went to college, he probably never was a superstar waiting to happen regardless. LeBron kicked his *@! at 16 when Lenny was 19.

Eve though the competition isn't so great, I found this clip. The 2nd video is something you all would be more familiar with. 
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
Went to HS with Mike Sweetney... Even at his peak (& believe me that was probably his senior yr in HS
laugh.gif
) he was a hefty dude

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I mean, in hindsight....the kid was going to be a 20 year old FR if he ever went to college, he probably never was a superstar waiting to happen regardless. LeBron kicked his *@! at 16 when Lenny was 19.

Lenny was raw. Lenny was doing what he was doing with no discipline, that was just him. Lebron at 16 was kicking everybody's #$%, I highly doubt he would be a Lebron if things had gone right with him, but had he went to college he'd be an NBA starter no doubt, had he got drafted he would eventually be one too. Lenny like most talented NYC ballers became a victim of circumstances. I can't think of one of them who's been steered in the right direction, and at the end of the day these are kids. Bassy had it right in that video man, look at him now 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

laugh.gif
Went to HS with Mike Sweetney... Even at his peak (& believe me that was probably his senior yr in HS
laugh.gif
) he was a hefty dude

ba093b2f9d79cd9125cb23f15f70f1db.jpg

msweetney_pon1.jpg

Amtls2mCIAA-uAR.jpg

tired.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

30t6p3b.gif

Uhh.. He definitely had bad advice. He had people telling him whatever he wanted to hear.

I did say he had bad advice. But I also said he had bad luck as well. It's one thing to get bad advice and get away from that to get another shot, but he straight up had bad luck with the car accident and then rupturing both achilles. 

Reading is fundamental lol

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Well, let me throw out a name in here:

Lance Stephenson.

Lance is in the NBA what's your point  
Star to Be Who Never Was

His hype wasn't as big as LeBron's, but it was there. I remember that Dime (or was it SLAM) cover and all those "Born Ready" campaign (
laugh.gif
)...but just to sum it up: he never really lived up to everybody's expectation. He's not even having a decent NBA career at all.

Now, I'm not even going to act like I'm Mr. KnowItAll here, but I think Cooke would've put up more than 2 points in 10 minutes of play for a .500 NBA team. There's probably a hungry guy in the D-League right now that's willing to put up more points in 10 minutes than Stephenson right now.

tough to see how his career turned out that way....but thats life ya know?

wonder if Dj Clue would take his call?

Tried getting tickets last Friday but all the TriBeCa Film Fest tickets are rush right now :smh:

Last edited:
St. John's could have potentially had Omar Cook, Lenny Cooke, and Darius Miles hooping together.

:smh:

Movie looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom