let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Putting everything in perspective...I'm pretty happy with where the team is right now.

Kidd/Lin is a solid PG combo. Melo is Melo, STAT will improve and Chandler is a rock.

If we can just get Camby or an upgrade at the 2 spot (or if JR improves in the offseason and slashes more), we can make some noise this season.

At the end of the day its all about chemistry and the most important signing is gonna end up being the man with the black iced beard, holding the clipboard.

How far we go really falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

Yes. If we can sign Camby I'd be 100% satisfied with this offseason. We have basically the same team with a few upgrades. Now this team needs to gel and grow together. I have faith in Woody.

Camby would be a good move, seriously need a backup C.

JR cannot and should not be a starting 2 guard, not a winning recipe. If he is going to be here, 15 minutes max per night, take a few shots (knowing him he'll outshoot Melo during that 15 minute span).

Still unsure how i feel about Kidd - Camby would be a big plus but we need to keep Lin

I could see coming off a championship and the lockout being factors why Kidd ain't look too good last season. Bt you just never know. I doubt he plays the third year.

Oh and was Dragic playing with the pressures Lin was during their "streaks"? Was he as much of a focal point of other team's defenses as Lin was. Were bonafide superstars coming saying their goal for the game was to stop him? And you all are complaining about ONE more turnover a game? Have you all ever played basketball? When you get to the next level whether it be, JV to Varsity, HS to college, college to NBA, the game is a lot faster. Thus causing more turnovers. Lin's turnovers will cut down and his vision and patience will get better once the game slows down for him. Dragic has BEEN in the league and, as you all praised about him, he's been mentored by one of the best PGs of all time. And he only had one less TO a game than Lin. Y'all are trippin. This a point guard driven league now and we finally have a young one with a lot of upside. If it wasn't for the Miami game, I'm not even sure y'all would be acting like this. Considering what we could have got stuck with in this situation (Lin getting 40 mil or Kidd and fat boy felton as our pg rotation), I think we came out great. Just a few more pieces and I think we'll have the ability to contend if we can click.

lin is only going to get better... some people criticize lin saying he dont live up to the hype and he just had a good streak for a month... my answer to that would be impressive... he never really started his whole career and when he did he lived up to expectations and then some... sure hes can get shut down by a good defensive team but hes not perfect and will only improve... last year was like his rookie year so with more playing time he will be more consistent and have less turnovers... and with everyone healthy he doesnt need to get his instead he needs to get other players involved and make the them better...i believe kidd will only make him better...

How y'all feel about JaVale McGee?(
ohwell.gif
)

Yea but then he steps off the court and realizes he's in New York. You know what kinda #@@$ that kid will do in NYC? Easy pass for me. Got enough dopes to worry about on this team.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea but then he steps off the court and realizes he's in New York. You know what kinda #@@$ that kid will do in NYC? Easy pass for me. Got enough dopes to worry about on this team.

I agree... If Elton brand clears waivers, then I'd much rather have him as a back up. A lot cheaper too.

Originally Posted by EezyVeezy20

Oh and was Dragic playing with the pressures Lin was during their "streaks"? Was he as much of a focal point of other team's defenses as Lin was. Were bonafide superstars coming saying their goal for the game was to stop him? 

thats actually a good point and something i didnt consider. Jeremy lin may only have played 20 games but he's dealt with more pressure and expectations than 90 percent of the league. he's had stars come after his head.

With the Veteran leadership this team has and Woodson's history of pulling a guy if hes doing bone head #!!$. I would definitely welcome McGee. Ive have said in the McGee thread about his dumb plays that he is just a bonehead. But I think coming off the bench backing up Chandler would definitely minimize the chances he would get to make those dumb plays.

I mean we put up with Jeffries terrible layups and awful shots. I could definitely take Mcgee making a dumb play here and there with his ability to block shots and he is a million times better than JJ on offense. I could deal with it if the price is right. I havent heard anything about Javale getting the huge contract he was anticipating so I guess its a possibility to back up Chandler.

Thats pretty much the last piece we are missing after we sign Lin. We need someone to rebound and be a presence down low if Chandler gets in foul trouble. Camby or Mcgee would be great fits. Mcgee a little more just because he brings more offense. But I wouldnt be mad if we could sign either guy

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How y'all feel about JaVale McGee?(
ohwell.gif
)

He'll be on the first page of TMZ with J.R. Smith midway through the season.

Kid like that ain't built for New York yet.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Putting everything in perspective...I'm pretty happy with where the team is right now.

1. Kidd/Lin is a solid PG combo. 2. Melo is Melo, 3. STAT will improve and 4. Chandler is a rock.

If we can just get Camby or an upgrade at the 2 spot (or if JR improves in the offseason and slashes more), we can make some noise this season.

At the end of the day its all about chemistry and the most important signing is gonna end up being the man with the black iced beard, holding the clipboard.

How far we go really falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

1. Check

2. Check

1326910583_larry_david_reaction.gif

4. Check

IDK tho. Dude is a headcase on the court. But its not like he was in Ohio his whole career. He was in DC. Plenty of %%@% he could have gotten into off the court. And I dont think Ive heard anything about him wildin out off the court. Hes prolly one of those guys who just goes back to the crib/hotel room and plays video games all night.

roll.gif
@ that Larry David .gif

McGee is talented as hell and Chandler would keep him in line. I'd sign him in a heartbeat but I think he's out of our price range.

Back
Top Bottom