let this thread die (NYK)

Not sure why but I'm gonna watch this game, a win would be wonderful but.....it's the Knicks

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I want everyone to pay attention how everybody else stops moving when Melo gets the ball, even when he moves. It's sickening.

I'm not on the blow up most of the roster like I was last year but there are key guys who need to be gone.
Exactly, when hes in the triple threat position hes looking for guys to cut. No one ever does. Then he has to go into ISO mode and put up a tough shot most of the time. Dudes need to make cuts like Fields just did so that even if he cant hit the cutter it causes guys on the other team to move around and not clog the paint so that Melo can get in there for layups if he cant find a cutter. 

amare is playing we are going 2 win
glasses.gif

My problem with the Lin/Nash thing is Nash is only good for a couple years. What do we do after he retires? We're stuck looking for a PG AGAIN.

Enough trying to sign the next guy. We have solid young players. Can we let our youth grow instead of trading it for age and experience for once?

Im happy Amare has 4 rebounds. If he can get anywhere near 10 rebounds before the half is over
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

We have to offer Nash more than Miami and if that means saying goodbye to Lin so be it . If Miami is offering the Vet minimum no way in hell he turns us down offering the full MLE. Also if Nash comes even that it hurts me to say it Melo HAS TO model his game after Durant's. Dude is gonna have to do way more running off screens and spot up shooting.
Son stop it. You're talking such foolishness right now. Not only is there nothing wrong with Melo's game no matter who he plays with but there's no way he's going to model his game after a dude younger than him that I'm sure he thinks he's better than
laugh.gif
That's a pipe dream statement. If you want Durant say you want Durant.

What are you talking about ? IF we were to acquire Steve Nash who needs the ball in his hands 95% of the time to play at his MVP level potential Melo would have to change his game a little. Melo's strength is his isolations on the wings and his post game. HE IS NOT a great spot up shooter and doesn't run off screens alot . The only reason I even compared the two is because they are two of the top three SF's in the game and because Durant plays with a very ball dominant PG in Westbrook and another ball dominant player in Harden. But he is still successful because he spots up well and runs around alot of screens which gives him open jumpers. No need to get your panties in a bunch over me saying Melo should do certain things like Durant if it means anything Durant could also learn how to play in the post and learn a face up game like Melo has.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

My problem with the Lin/Nash thing is Nash is only good for a couple years. What do we do after he retires? We're stuck looking for a PG AGAIN.

Enough trying to sign the next guy. We have solid young players. Can we let our youth grow instead of trading it for age and experience for once?
Instant gratification is where its @ cuh. 
After this yr melo has 2 years left and stat has 3  . what if lin doesnt turn into what we want him to be?

Can't let these dudes years in their prime go down the tubes

We have to offer Nash more than Miami and if that means saying goodbye to Lin so be it . If Miami is offering the Vet minimum no way in hell he turns us down offering the full MLE. Also if Nash comes even that it hurts me to say it Melo HAS TO model his game after Durant's. Dude is gonna have to do way more running off screens and spot up shooting.
Son stop it. You're talking such foolishness right now. Not only is there nothing wrong with Melo's game no matter who he plays with but there's no way he's going to model his game after a dude younger than him that I'm sure he thinks he's better than
laugh.gif
That's a pipe dream statement. If you want Durant say you want Durant.
What are you talking about ? IF we were to acquire Steve Nash who needs the ball in his hands 95% of the time to play at his MVP level potential Melo would have to change his game a little. Melo's strength is his isolations on the wings and his post game. HE IS NOT a great spot up shooter and doesn't run off screens alot . The only reason I even compared the two is because they are two of the top three SF's in the game and because Durant plays with a very ball dominant PG in Westbrook and another ball dominant player in Harden. But he is still successful because he spots up well and runs around alot of screens which gives him open jumpers. No need to get your panties in a bunch over me saying Melo should do certain things like Durant if it means anything Durant could also learn how to play in the post and learn a face up game like Melo has.
Son, Melo is not Durant. Stop it. This is a waste of an argument. Melo is not going to become Durant or model anything after his game. If Nash is on this team next year he and Melo will be able to coexist fine with Melo still playing his game. That's what's training camp is for. You didn't even say certain things, you said model his game after him
laugh.gif
and then said start running off screens when you know that's not his game.

I don't have my panties in a bunch I just thought that was a foolish statement. Given his age, this is Melo's game now. It's up to the players and coach to make it work on offense. Melo aint about to start running off screens for jumpers. Nash will be smart enough to give it to Melo in spots where it's his bread and butter.

This team is so dumb when it comes to rebounds. As much 3s as we jack up, we should have better positioning by now.

Refs realized the Heat didnt go to the line in the 1st so they got em into the penalty early. Should be a parade for the rest of the half SMH

Back
Top Bottom