let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The fact that Baron came here for less money shows that he's here to win and not just to be in the spotlight. 

Chauncey probably left like "These bums will never find a PG as good as me anytime soon" ..He must be tight, especially since we got him for a tenth of Billups' contract
yup. 
i think its safe to say that we got a motivated BD on our squad....

pimp.gif

and we got him for a vet min.? even better....

Originally Posted by DubA169

Melo would have to be the best player on the court for us to beat the heat. I'm not sure if he can be that guy
Our streak of agreeing-on-things-lately has gone right out the window with that statement.

Baron is still making the money he's owed from the Cavs, so I don't think taking the vet minimum was really any type of sacrifice.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

RT @sam_amick: Source says NY owner James Dolan convinced Davis it was worth sacrifice to keep Knicks in running for other vets (James Posey among them)

Thank you DolanGod.

Stop. You know damn well he's just a troll on realgm.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lw27tbqPiB1qhqcngo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DubA169

Melo would have to be the best player on the court for us to beat the heat. I'm not sure if he can be that guy
Our streak of agreeing-on-things-lately has gone right out the window with that statement.

It's been too much optimism for a Knicks fan to handle. I'm think I'm starting to create problems that aren't there. But melo outplaying both wade and Bron isn't definite. It would be pretty hard. He is gonna have Shane battier on him a lot

Word like Dub I don't know why you think that way Melo is 10-4 in his career against Lebron. I'm quite sure he didn't have the better overall stats in all of those games against him but I guarantee you he had the better stats in crunch time . About being the "best player" on the court I can care less about that because being the "best player" doesn't make you the most clutch and most fearless. Melo is not Derrick Rose the sight of Lebron doesn't intimidate him it actually makes him play better on both sides of the ball because in his heart he probably feels he's better.

Originally Posted by Be Easy

I seriously haven't been this pumped for a Knicks season since '98-'99 eerily enough the last lockout. We finally have legit firepower. Maybe one more big off the bench, gimme Troy Murphy or something and we should be good to contend with the Heat, Bulls, Celtics. Maybe all these guys come together and realize time is running out, get some inspiration from Dallas last year and put it all together and have some fun. 
party like it's 1999? It's possible
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

The Heat's 2 best players may be better than our 2 best, but if you were to rank the top 10 players among the 2 teams, the Knicks would have 6 of the top 10. With the signing of Baron, the Knicks have more depth than the Heat.

Melo/Amare better bring it, Just don't think we have the athleticism/speed on the perimeter to stop Rose, Wade or even Rondo (again) in the post-season. The front-line better play as advertised.

Shumpert is that guy to defend but as a rookie, those 3 would handle him pretty easily.

Far as Melo goes, for such a clutch performer....the guy better start winning in the post-season. Derrick Rose won as many playoff series last year as Melo has in 8 years. Not holding my breath for him to substantially out play Paul Pierce, let alone LeBron.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Melo/Amare better bring it, Just don't think we have the athleticism/speed on the perimeter to stop Rose, Wade or even Rondo (again) in the post-season. The front-line better play as advertised.

Shumpert is that guy to defend but as a rookie, those 3 would handle him pretty easily.

Far as Melo goes, for such a clutch performer....the guy better start winning in the post-season. Derrick Rose won as many playoff series last year as Melo has in 8 years. Not holding my breath for him to substantially out play Paul Pierce, let alone LeBron.

No offense, but damn near every post I see from you in this thread is some form of negativity/pessimism
laugh.gif

I don't care what anyone says Thibs defense is what gave Chicago the #1 seed and once he played a real team he was god awful I don't want to hear $#@! about Derrick Rose's playoff wins.

No offense, but damn near every post I see from you in this thread is some form of negativity/pessimism
laugh.gif
really? I think I'm one of the few that actually don't hate our coach or what was to be our starting PG. I was with the 2010 plan before the plan existed and defended Jordan Hill and Chris Duhon along the way. 
But, we're here now and no, I'm not overly optimistic about Carmelo being the lynchpin to all of this now. I also don't trust Baron Davis, at all. For the $, it's a good, if not great risk. But I'm not buying what he's selling. Just feels too much like a 2000-2007 Knicks-esque crap 'name' move. When Chandler and Baron are brought in, you go from one foot in, to two feet in. So, as a fan..my expectations are increased. No more future, time to win now.

Thibbs or not Thibbs. Rose has 13 playoff wins in 3 years. Melo has 16 in 8 years. It is what it is. We do well in the post-season, it's with Amare being every bit Melo's equal. 

laugh.gif
It's that bulldog Hoya in him that hates seeing a Cuse player doing anything worthwhile. Look at the disdain for Melo in his last post above.

Here ya go allen.

b4d356b24cc3634edead1a4262a3c39b2a32341.gif

I agree with Allen (for once).

#3 seed? 2nd round? This team hasnt proved anything yet. I do like the signing of Bdiddy though, and i think it should have been a 2/3 year, but it is what it is.

laugh.gif
really? I think I'm one of the few that actually don't hate our coach or what was to be our starting PG. I was with the 2010 plan before the plan existed and defended Jordan Hill and Chris Duhon along the way. 
But, we're here now and no, I'm not overly optimistic about Carmelo being the lynchpin to all of this now. I also don't trust Baron Davis, at all. For the $, it's a good, if not great risk. But I'm not buying what he's selling. Just feels too much like a 2000-2007 Knicks-esque crap 'name' move. When Chandler and Baron are brought in, you go from one foot in, to two feet in. So, as a fan..my expectations are increased. No more future, time to win now.

Thibbs or not Thibbs. Rose has 13 playoff wins in 3 years. Melo has 16 in 8 years. It is what it is. We do well in the post-season, it's with Amare being every bit Melo's equal. 
Nuggets kept having to face strong teams in the first round like Spurs, Lakers, T'wolves w/KG. Rose got like 8 wins last year against Pacers and Hawks.

True. But If I'm to believe our star is going to go toe to toe with the best player in the league in a playoff series, I'd feel more confident if he's won more than an average of 2 playoff games a year for his career.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

laugh.gif

Nuggets kept having to face strong teams in the first round like Spurs, Lakers, T'wolves w/KG. Rose got like 8 wins last year against Pacers and Hawks.
Thank you. Joe Johnson and the Hawks have a few playoff wins themselves in the Eastern Conference they would probably be a 7th seed out west

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Pretty much.

And Melo has made the playoffs every single year he has played ball since at least college.

Not many of these other big names can say the same.

i have no doubts that melo will bring it come playoff time. especially if we get to face the heat lebron seems to bring out the best of melo.

I have my doubts as well.

Everyone refers to Baron's assist rate without realizing that he won't be doing that in NYC. Melo will dominate the ball. He will be relegated to spot up shooter duty. If that's the case, I'd much rather someone like Mo Williams.

Want to go higher than a 2nd round sweep in the playoffs? Melo MUST learn to play without the ball.

How do the coaches plan on splitting time between the 5 guards? Who on the bench can score against a real NBA team?

There are alot of issues that will need to be addressed

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I have my doubts as well.

Everyone refers to Baron's assist rate without realizing that he won't be doing that in NYC. Melo will dominate the ball. He will be relegated to spot up shooter duty. If that's the case, I'd much rather someone like Mo Williams.

Want to go higher than a 2nd round sweep in the playoffs? Melo MUST learn to play without the ball.

How do the coaches plan on splitting time between the 5 guards? Who on the bench can score against a real NBA team?

There are alot of issues that will need to be addressed

name a superstar who plays better off the ball than melo (aside from dwight howard).  if u want to say he needs to stop dominating the ball so much that is one thing but to act like he has no game without the ball in his hands is moronic.  i dont know many sf's who can do that lil drop step spin move and finish a lob like he did the other day.  i agree though as a team we do not needing him dominating the ball as much now that we got a real pg.

Back
Top Bottom