let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Trade all guards not named Shumpert or Fields for Nash. ALL of them.
Wait what other guards do we have other than them? (Fields aint even really a guard)
laugh.gif
if PHX takes Lin, an injured Baron, Bibby, and Toney Douglas. Oh and maybe Walker if he counts as a guard.

I think we'll have to part with one of those dudes if we make a trade unless PHX is willing to accommodate us as well. If not I'd throw Fields in the deal if we can get G. Hill too.

Still hope JR comes here. @*$+ the Clippers.

A starting line up of Nash, Hill, Melo, Stat, and Tyson with Baron and JR coming off the bench?

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by HalfKobe08

jeremy lin is the asian derrick rose  Chris Duhon trash

Fixed.
Every team passed on him for a reason, he's wild and all over the place. I hate even seeing him on the bench, son is garbage.

Damn bro why do you hate Lin so much ?

Originally Posted by swooshallday

most of his shots were layups...he has to develop a confident consistent shot to have a longer NBA career. hope he does.

Well if he can get in the lane, why settle for a 20footer when he can drive in the lane to layup, create contact, dish the ball, etc.

I'm watching the game replay on YES, & I don't get the Melo & STAT dynamic on the court. The pick & roll works beautifully with Chandler & seemingly every other player handling the ball. When it's STAT, obviously the defense is going to drift to him, but if it's a pick between Melo & STAT, its pick your poison. I just don't see that play being run much at all. What's the issue there?

Knicks fans confuse me..So the Melo trade was a bad idea because we lost all of our youth with Gallo, Mozgov, Wil, and Felton..but then you wanna trade Shump, Fields, etc for an old Nash? Nash has a good 2 seasons in the tank but then what? We're gonna go back out on the hunt for role players to put around STAT n Melo? Let's not forget there are still 3 years left on both their contracts at the end of this season.

Plus, people also said the trade was a mistake because Melo was already coming here in the offseason..How is that different from Nash? It's not like adding Nash at the trade deadline is gonna catapult this team into title contention

I'm watching the game replay on YES, & I don't get the Melo & STAT dynamic on the court. The pick & roll works beautifully with Chandler & seemingly every other player handling the ball. When it's STAT, obviously the defense is going to drift to him, but if it's a pick between Melo & STAT, its pick your poison. I just don't see that play being run much at all. What's the issue there?

I cant recall the last time I saw Melo & STAT run a pick and roll

I know I wasn't one of those ppl. I was fine with the trade knowing we gave up too much. At the time with Donnie at the helm I believed we could get guys around that team. Only think I look back on in hindsight is that I wish we would've known Deron would've been on the block right after cuz then I would've wanted u s to hold off on trading Gallo and Mozgov to trade them for Deron. Outside of that combo move for two stars in one season, I don't complain about the trade just blame management for quitting and then the guy replacing him not having a real plan to fill roles.

I'd take Nash for Fields. Son is playing better but still can't shoot. I'll take Nash for 2 years to make a decent run. Gutting our roster this time around doesn't mean much, we got a bunch of bums on our roster and if anything getting rid of the guys I named means more playing time for Novak, Lin, etc. Plus if we get the guys we want this time around I don't see how Hill, Nash, Smith isn't better than Fields, TD, Bibby, etc.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

I cant recall the last time I saw Melo & STAT run a pick and roll
Thursday against the Bulls.

Nash is the type of oldschool head who will play out his contract. Hes not gonna request a trade thats not his character. I do believe that the only destinations he has in mind for te upcoming summer is either NY or Arizona. Hes either gonna suck it up over there, or play his last couple seasons here. If your a knick fan, you better pray for the latter. Honestly, were a steve nash away from contending with the big dogs in the game.

Congratulations on the Giants winning the Superbowl to all my fellow NYK fans..I'm personally not a NYG fan but I'm glad you guys at least get to celebrate one of your local teams coming up big.

You Knicks fans are probably celebrating the Giants win or still foaming at the mouth because of Lin's great performance, but I need a favor. I asked this before and got great advice, but it still hasn't panned out so I'm getting nervous. I want to go see the Lakers vs. Knicks game this upcoming Friday and the tickets are so expensive for me and my friends. Is there ways we can get around 4 tickets for cheap? I don't care where the seats are, just want to be in the building that night. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm willing to try. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Fixed.
Every team passed on him for a reason, he's wild and all over the place. I hate even seeing him on the bench, son is garbage.

Damn bro why do you hate Lin so much ?
HE'S AWFUL, it brings me back to the great depression of 2002-2010. He'd be perfect on our roster during those years. The fact that he's even out there says how bad we really are right now

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

Nash is the type of oldschool head who will play out his contract. Hes not gonna request a trade thats not his character. I do believe that the only destinations he has in mind for te upcoming summer is either NY or Arizona. Hes either gonna suck it up over there, or play his last couple seasons here. If your a knick fan, you better pray for the latter. Honestly, were a steve nash away from contending with the big dogs in the game.

He's a hall of fame PG with multiple all-star games and 2 MVPs. The only thing he's missing in his list of accomplishments is a ring. So as much as I HATE to say it, don't rule out the heat.Alot of times we as NYers get arrogant and think everyone wants to play for us and would make sacrifices to do so. Lebron didn't come here. Melo made us give up everything for him otherwise he would have been a net. And players always negotiate with us just to use us to get a better deal. Obviously Nash would want to team up with stat and dantoni again and lives in NY so we're definitely in the running. But if all he has in mind is doing anything for a ring there's no way he passes on Miami.

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

You Knicks fans are probably celebrating the Giants win or still foaming at the mouth because of Lin's great performance, but I need a favor. I asked this before and got great advice, but it still hasn't panned out so I'm getting nervous. I want to go see the Lakers vs. Knicks game this upcoming Friday and the tickets are so expensive for me and my friends. Is there ways we can get around 4 tickets for cheap? I don't care where the seats are, just want to be in the building that night. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm willing to try. Thanks!
For "cheap" probably not. But you can get relatively low prices on StubHub or try Craigslist the night of the game.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by HalfKobe08

jeremy lin is the asian derrick rose
calm_down_bro-967-1.jpeg

Lolol. This gif makes me laugh everytime.
Lin deserves more playing time.

I guess Dantoni will be here for the remainder of the season huh? Unfortunately.

NBA STAR AMAR'E STOUDEMIREBrother Dies in Car Crash
0206-amare-ex-2.jpg

Hazell Stoudemire, the older brother of NBA star Amar'e Stoudemire, died early this morning in a car accident in Florida ... TMZ has learned. 

The accident happened on Route 27 in Lake Wales. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Stoudemire was driving at a "high rate of speed" when he collided with the rear of a tractor trailer. 

He died on the scene. 

To piggyback from AI thread...again more proof that money does not buy happiness. Stat grew up tough and all the money he made couldn't rid his family of their own personal demons. Little brother in jail for murder, Mom's stays in some trouble, and now he's lost his older brother who himself was in and out of jail even after Stat made it big. I really feel for dude man...

Damn... Condolences to my man STAT..

First he is having a rough season now this.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom