let this thread die (NYK)

anyone know the official date for each playoff game in the 1st round? everything is TBA or following what the schedule would have been without a lockout.

good win. it was basically all offense. chandler was much needed and it definitely showed.

a full healthy knicks squad is the only way we're winning in the playoffs

I agree, if we have a healthy team we'd be a tough out in the first round. Losing to Cleavland the other night was really a downer for us. We have no business losing that game and we let one go.

Had we won that game, Orlando potentially beating Charlotte wouldn't have mattered. I know even if we got the 6th and beat Indiana to advance to the second round we'd still have to face Miami, but a confident Knicks team with Lin in the lineup would've been better than what we have now.

MSG is debating bringing Mobb Deep to MSG for Game 3 of the Playoffs. VladTV hit the streets to put together a plea to the higher ups in the Knicks org to get the deal finalized. Check it out.

via VladTV

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: GM Allan Houston hit halfcourt shot during All-Star Shooting Stars. Now trying to accomplish larger task with Fields. There is no more of an x-factor in playoffs than Fields, brutal against Boston last April. He was in starting lineup and feeling it again in Atlanta. Does Woodson have a decision to make Wednesday between Shumpert and Fields? “There was a few mechanical stuff we worked on but (he wants me) to remain aggressive,'' Fields said. "You can’t make shots if you don’t take them.’’
Marc Berman: Lost in heat of Hotlanta: Fields finds 3-point shot after working with Allan Houston. It could only mean everything. http://www.nypost.com/p/s...g_2tlQ4WZqb35zLrc8p7OO5O
Alan Hahn: Also, Wednesday is setting up to be a very interesting night on other fronts. Clips, in their second of a back-to-back after Atlanta on Tuesday, still playing for the Pacific Division against Knicks at MSG. But if Knicks win and a miracle happens in Orlando (Bobcats beating slumping Magic), sixth place, and a first-round date with Indiana, is theirs for the taking in Charlotte on Thursday.
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I thought y'all wanted Mia though?
Getting Indiana 1st round is a guaranteed 2nd round appearance for us though.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

If we can get the Pacers, why would we take Mia first rd?

Then we would get Mia 2nd rd with a chance @ having Lin back.

Based on what I saw in the last match up, I'm not sure I'd want Lin playing against Mia... ESPECIALLY off a knee injury.

m7dhja.jpg

H20 ... Agua ...
eek.gif
match made in heaven
devil.gif

Based on what I saw in the last match up, I'm not sure I'd want Lin playing against Mia... ESPECIALLY off a knee injury.
We gonna have to go through Miami either way. Id rather try to do it with Lin. Even if it is with him coming off the bench. He cant be worse than Bibby or Douglas.

Lin just needs to calm down. If we do play them (at some point) and Lin comes back a bit early there's no reason he should let Chalmers punk him like he did last time. He'll also have more freedom with Melo and STAT playing at a high level.

I watched Goran Dragic cut through that team rather effortlessly. Really like his game but I'll save all that talk for the off season.

Lin would be a non-factor, and I don't mean that in a negative way - he wouldn't get picked apart either. Not going to run PNR 90% of the time and allow the quickest defensive team in the league to blitz it and pick him apart. He'd just kind of be out there IMO.

Nah I feel he'd be a game changer just cuz I think MIA would lay off him to shoot the jumper when we swing the ball to the weak side or if they happen to swarm/double Melo in the 4th but I see what you saying overall in a series. It'd be STAT, Melo, Tyson and the bench being the main factors to our success or failure.

A lot of people are saying the Pacers comeback L is haunting us since if we won that game, it wouldn't matter if the Magic beat the Bobcats. But it's not like that's the only bad loss the team had. Losses to scrubs like the Nets, Bobcats, Cavs, and Hornets are just as bad.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

A lot of people are saying the Pacers comeback L is haunting us since if we won that game, it wouldn't matter if the Magic beat the Bobcats. But it's not like that's the only bad loss the team had. Losses to scrubs like the Nets, Bobcats, Cavs, and Hornets are just as bad.

and the raptors twice 
30t6p3b.gif

Even if we take an L against Miami, I'd take Lin getting that playoff experience as a win. I wish he weren't injured just so he can get that out of the way.

Originally Posted by chino905

i know we shouldn't dwell on the past, but i'm still pist we lost to Cleveland a few nights ago. we would have only been 1.5 games back  of Orlando
mad.gif
mad.gif
yea man
30t6p3b.gif

Cats just got destroyed by the Wiz and that's supposed to be Obi Wan?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom