let this thread die (NYK)

just get a smart player...JR Smith is dumb, son 
30t6p3b.gif
 I understand our situation but if we want to be contenders, we need to get players with a good basketball IQ

JR is JR. The problem is actually Woodson in this case. As much as I hate George Karl and, therefore, hate to give him credit, at least he knew how to keep a leash on JR. JR is gonna be dumb, but it takes the coach ignoring the obvious to allow JR to be excessively dumb. JR needs to literally be told that he needs to head to the basket in 3 dribbles or less or give the ball up. 
The flip side to that coin is that Woodson really wasn't really given the whole set of knives, so he's throwing the pizza cutter at a ribeye. I honestly haven't seen a backcourt health collapse like this before. The injuries across the board for this team has been insane. I say all of that to say that JR is a good weapon to have in the arsenal, but you don't wanna have to rely on him. 

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Jamal Crawford = JR Smith. I do think he'd fill a need off the bench, though. I can't see him taking a small contract two years in a row, but then again this past year didn't really up his value do we'll see.
JC doesn't struggle nearly as much as JR, and is less than half the headache. However, I agree with your second sentiment.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

field is ok ONLY when he plays with lin
We need a shooting guard that's better than okay when we have a legit pg out there.
He plays his position, I understand people getting on him for his shooting, he should be a bench player and he cuts to the hoop pretty well....but the guy played with heart until those two awful turnovers at the end. 
But lets be real, with Amare and Melo out there you just need guys to compliment those two, and Fields is a guy that can fit in (off the bench of course). Our starting SG will be Shumpert, fills the slot perfectly and will hold high defensive responsibilities.

Bring a PG in here who can penetrate to the hoop and break down the defense, and run the pick and roll, will put this team in an excellent position for a higher seed next season and a better run in the playoffs. It would elevate everyone's game especially the bigs. STAT more often than not would have to create on his own, and with his chronic back issues all year the elevation was def not there....looked decent down the stretch though.

Lin should come off the bench he has a lot to learn.

Well that was ugly last night. Sucks that no1 was showing that much effort out there other than Melo. Hes the only one that seemed like he really wanted it.

Amare went back to normal Amare just standing around when rebounds are loose. Tyson had a bad game. And Bibby was actually making shots, idk why he didnt get more time. But then again hes prolly not ready for that load at PG right now. Which is why we could have really used like 5-10 mins out of Lin last night.

But with all the BS that went on this season I wouldnt exactly call it a failure. Sure it is a disappointing season, but we changed coaches in the middle of the year and prolly played like 10 games with a complete lineup. But we ended the playoff losing streak. So I cant call it a complete failure. Injuries played a huge part in how our season went.

Im not really thinking about a bunch of offseason moves yet because I dont know who we plan on keeping. But I do really want Dragic. I think he is the perfect mix of facilitator and scorer where the defense knows he can hit the shot when he has it, but for the most part he is going to get the ball to our bigs in good position for them to get easy buckets.

And Amare......................I really do wanna see the guy get better on defense and work with Tyson and Melo. But im all aboard flipping him for anything if we can find anyone decent for a trade. If we could somehow do the trade I said earlier in the thread where we trade Lin and Amare for Dagic and Scola I would have to make a remix of the kid wilding out after we won game 4 video.

Really hope Amar'e takes a cut in his contract to bring aboard Steve Nash or even Felton again.  Have Lin start with Nash off the bench.  Tyson needs another back up since JJ seems to never stay healthy and Jorts doesn't really play like a big.  Fields can stay but at a reduced role.  

Knicks should sign Flynn, since Nash will go to Miami.
Sure Flynn was atrocious starting in Minnesota, but he'll beast coming off the bench. Knicks should also try to buy a late 1st, and get Wroten; Jenkins, or Buford.

I just don't get how stat takes 7 shots in a win or go hone game. Dude scored 14 points on 4 fg makes. While melo takes 31 shots to score 35. If this dude stat attempts atleast 15 to 18 shots he will score over 30.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Well that was ugly last night. Sucks that no1 was showing that much effort out there other than Melo. Hes the only one that seemed like he really wanted it.

Amare went back to normal Amare just standing around when rebounds are loose. Tyson had a bad game. And Bibby was actually making shots, idk why he didnt get more time. But then again hes prolly not ready for that load at PG right now. Which is why we could have really used like 5-10 mins out of Lin last night.

But with all the BS that went on this season I wouldnt exactly call it a failure. Sure it is a disappointing season, but we changed coaches in the middle of the year and prolly played like 10 games with a complete lineup. But we ended the playoff losing streak. So I cant call it a complete failure. Injuries played a huge part in how our season went.

Im not really thinking about a bunch of offseason moves yet because I dont know who we plan on keeping. But I do really want Dragic. I think he is the perfect mix of facilitator and scorer where the defense knows he can hit the shot when he has it, but for the most part he is going to get the ball to our bigs in good position for them to get easy buckets.

And Amare......................I really do wanna see the guy get better on defense and work with Tyson and Melo. But im all aboard flipping him for anything if we can find anyone decent for a trade. If we could somehow do the trade I said earlier in the thread where we trade Lin and Amare for Dagic and Scola I would have to make a remix of the kid wilding out after we won game 4 video.

No way the city of New York will lose Lin - He is too much of a sensation story - Agree with Amare though

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I just don't get how stat takes 7 shots in a win or go hone game. Dude scored 14 points on 4 fg makes. While melo takes 31 shots to score 35. If this dude stat attempts atleast 15 to 18 shots he will score over 30.

This isn't 2K. He might have been able to that last year, but this year his shot was off, injured, and a shell of himself. Melo did what he had to do to keep us in it last night.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

This isn't 2K. He might have been able to that last year, but this year his shot was off, injured, and a shell of himself. Melo did what he had to do to keep us in it last night.
Melo is horribly overrated, hero ball will never win a playoff series, the guy is never going to learn what it takes to win.
Bill Simmons on the subject:

Playoff basketball can be exceedingly simple. Sometimes, one team has someone who can say the words "I got this" … and that's that. There are two levels to that mind-set. The more common level is something I called "The Hero Complex" during the darkest points of Paul Pierce's career, when he wanted to be Jordan and didn't quite know how to get there, so he thought it meant clearing everyone out and taking game-deciding 20-footers and 3s.[sup]7[/sup]  

These past two seasons, Carmelo Anthony took the Hero Complex to staggering new levels — it's even been renamed "Hero Ball" by the blogosophere, which admittedly has a better ring. 

One guy taking 30 shots against Miami with LeBron defending that person was never going to work. The difficulty of it is absurd.

Not blaming Melo, I'm blaming Woodson. He's lack of creativity is disturbing. JR got to do the same %+%% when he was in the game just on a smaller scale.

How many times did Amar'e get to be involved in a pick and roll? Hardly ever it seems like even though that's his best attribute - realize we didn't have a PG capable of running it - but again, the harm in a Melo/Amar'e PNR was what?

Originally Posted by 10027

Melo is horribly overrated, hero ball will never win a playoff series, the guy is never going to learn what it takes to win.

Playoff basketball can be exceedingly simple. Sometimes, one team has someone who can say the words "I got this" … and that's that. There are two levels to that mind-set. The more common level is something I called "The Hero Complex" during the darkest points of Paul Pierce's career, when he wanted to be Jordan and didn't quite know how to get there, so he thought it meant clearing everyone out and taking game-deciding 20-footers and 3s.[sup]7[/sup]  

These past two seasons, Carmelo Anthony took the Hero Complex to staggering new levels — it's even been renamed "Hero Ball" by the blogosophere, which admittedly has a better ring. 
HE HAS TO PLAY HERO BALL!!! Who did the knicks have this season and last season that could consistently create and make their own show? I'll wait...........

Ok then.

Stat played a total of 4 games (and I am being generous) in the past two post seasons:
Injured after game 1 last year, never the same since then
Lost a fight to glass after game 2 this year
So he basically played game 1 of this year and last, game 2 this year, and a miracle of game 4

Most consistent point guard he's played with the last two post seasons? probably Anthony Carter

He was also a couple of ill advised three attempts from Billups to getting past the lakers.

But he is overrated

What a bunch of horse !@#*.

Paul Pierce "learned how to win" when 2 HOF players got dropped onto his LOTTERY team out of nowhere. Pretty sure they were TANKING games that year.

How convenient of Simmons to leave out the biggest reason Boston has turned it around.

Wasn't because Pierce stopped playing "hero ball" and learned how to win. So stop with that nonsense.

Amare needs more touches next year. a whole offseason to get his jimmy back and try and get past his bro's death, he'll be back with vengeance next year (hopefully)

and i would go and scoop up J.Flynn. i'm still waiting for dude to come into his own. i think he'd be a great fit in nyk

Shell of himself or not if he gets 15 to 18 shots per game he will be more effective and score more since most of his attempts will be closer to the rim. This team will not go anywhere if melo is taking 30 plus shots per game so enough with the melo d riding. We need balance on this team

HE HAS TO PLAY HERO BALL!!! Who did the knicks have this season and last season that could consistently create and make their own show? I'll wait...........

Ok then.

Stat played a total of 4 games (and I am being generous) in the past two post seasons:
Injured after game 1 last year, never the same since then
Lost a fight to glass after game 2 this year
So he basically played game 1 of this year and last, game 2 this year, and a miracle of game 4

Most consistent point guard he's played with the last two post seasons? probably Anthony Carter

He was also a couple of ill advised three attempts from Billups to getting past the lakers.

But he is overrated
The Knicks have plenty of effective scorers...  Lin, Novak, J.R., Amare, Chandler, etc. can all put the ball in the basket.  They might not all be shot creators, but that's why a star...  is supposed to CREATE SHOTS FOR THEM.  Even if he's a primary scorer, ex. Dirk.  The Knicks have plenty of effective role players.  Actually, those players are good enough that for the one stretch when they actually played team ball (Linsanity) they went on their best streak of the season.  Of course, when Carmelo came back he sucked until they started losing and he had an excuse to play  hero ball again...  And suck the enthusiasm out of everyone else on the court.

Back
Top Bottom