Let's face it, Jay-Z is the bar in which we compare rappers to because he is the best. PERIOD

This guy really just said that 50 Cent and JAY-Z are on equal footing. A guy who can't get a release date and every time he drops material it gets negative reviews. Ok Ninjahood

@Master Zik that's a valid opinion and I can respect it. Agree to disagree

Last edited:
50 aint on Hov level.

GRODT is a classic no doubt, it aint touching RD or BP.

Online. I say right now jay-Z & 50 cent are standing on equal footing, which says

More about 50 cent who's career is da epitome of starting off on da wrong foot.
Yes you can say that when that album came out in what? 08, 09? 4 years ago is him being hot
laugh.gif
? And a couple months earlier, Wayne did a million in a week with his album being leaked under the same circumstance, while 50 only sold 160k first week.

Hell, dude has TWO singles out, one with Eminem and Adam Levine and one with Alicia Keys and Dre . . . both are not generating any buzz in the streets . . .

I want 50 to come back (personally I think he needs more diverse production but that's another thread) . . . but let's not act like he's been hot musically in a minute. Bruh couldn't get a release date if he was holding the label at gunpoint.

And deceased at him being anywhere near Jay-Z at this point in time musically . . . WTT did 436k first week and went platinum a month later . . . not to mention the 57 tour which had legs in US, Canada, and Europe and grossed 48.3 Mil . . . and according to you 50 went Gold 4 years ago so that puts him on the same musical footing as Hov
laugh.gif
. . . not to mention he's tried to release mixtapes since then and cannot catch a buzz to save his life

You don't believe what you are typing

Last edited:
It's all subjective. Referring to any one musician as the best based on sales, popularity, your own personal opinion, impact on the game or any of that **** is ******ed.

Last edited:
This guy really just said that 50 Cent and JAY-Z are on equal footing. A guy who can't get a release date and every time he drops material it gets negative reviews. Ok Ninjahood

Okay :lol: I just seen that. I don't agree with that at all.

I will say as far as music, similar to Curtis I'm feeling Jay's music less and less the past few albums. That's the only thing almost the same. Curtis seems way more washed up and it's bad given that with his start and huge initial impact he shouldn't even be on "equal footing" with Jay if he was keeping a consistent quality output.

Last edited:

Okay
laugh.gif
I just seen that. I don't agree with that at all.

I will say as far as music, similar to Curtis I'm feeling Jay's music less and less the past few albums. That's the only thing almost the same. Curtis seems way more washed up and it's bad given that with his start and huge initial impact he shouldn't even be on "equal footing" with Jay if he was keeping a consistent quality output.
by stating this, you are agreeing with me, because of da trajectory 50 cent's career has taken when you stretch his decade out and compare it to jay-z's 96-2013

career they're both on da same footing. 50 cent out da gate was superman compared to jay-z..by da time 2013 50 is no longer invincible, but jay-z

was never as hotter then 50 cent at any moment in his career.

blueprint 3 with all that stan slurpage ONLY went platinum, and when when i self destruct after being

crucified by 50 cent haters claiming he "fell off" went gold after leaking a month early.

i mean please NT, educate me. what can jay-z do NOW that 50 cent CANT do in 2013?  they're virtual equals.

hell if you look at that list again, jay-z had to bow down to DMX from 1998-2000, he had da crown.

Last edited:
50 aint on Hov level.

GRODT is a classic no doubt, it aint touching RD or BP.
Your ignorance is comical homie. GRODT outsold both of those albums combined but it's not touching either one of them? You're not old enough to probably know this but when RD dropped in '96, it wasn't even top 5 albums that came out that year, and that is just being generous. RD did not know impact Hip-Hop the way GRODT did, and that's fact. Everyone from all walks of life was bumping GRODT in 03 while Jay was barely getting any love in NY at that time. Statement like this shows the lack of knowledge individuals have about Hip-Hop. These fools download all of Jay-z's music and think they know everything all of a sudden..

i mean please NT, educate me. what can jay-z do NOW that 50 cent CANT do in 2013?  they're virtual equals.

put out an album whenever he wants.
get features with other artists.
garner a buzz

MAKE A GOOD ALBUM
oh because blueprint 3 was worthy of that title
laugh.gif

watch da throne was jay-z being used more as a kanye west prop then anything else.

if it wasn't for american gangster and da black album, jay-z would've had da worst run of wack albums in recent memory.

blueprint 2 =
indifferent.gif

black album =
nthat.gif

kingdom come =
mean.gif

blueprint 3 = >D

watch da throne =
eyes.gif

you know what you call that? decline b, jay-z got too many duds in his catalog to be considered da best rapper, wayy too many. NO ONE would call

jay-z da most consistent rapper, so why should they call him da best rapper? exactly.

^^^^This. Call me crazy but Reasonable Doubt holds more significance  than 50s catalogue. 50 popped with his initial releases,  but he didn't make a classic album in the sense that Jay, Nas or (insert icon here ) made. I'll be the first to admit that Jay has been making the same album since Blueprint but his one or two is better than 50s catalogue. Just my opinion though.

MAKE A GOOD ALBUM

oh because blueprint 3 was worthy of that title :lol:

watch da throne was jay-z being used more as a kanye west prop then anything else.

if it wasn't for american gangster and da black album, jay-z would've had da worst run of wack albums in recent memory.

blueprint 2 = :stoneface:
black album = :nthat:

kingdom come = :smh:

blueprint 3 = >D

watch da throne = :rolleyes

you know what you call that? decline b, jay-z got too many duds in his catalog to be considered da best rapper, wayy too many. NO ONE would call

jay-z da most consistent rapper, so why should they call him da best rapper? exactly.
50 hasn't exactly been putting out quality material either.

but of all rappers to compare him to, why 50?
what has 50 done since 2003 quality wise? downward spiral.

50's career mirrors Snoops. he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as jay. and i don't even rock with jay like that

^^^^This. Call me crazy but Reasonable Doubt holds more significance  than 50s catalogue. 50 popped with his initial releases,  but he didn't make a classic album in the sense that Jay, Nas or (insert icon here ) made.
what?

man imma post albums that dropped in 1996 that were better then reasonable doubt and/or made more noise.

11083.jpg

7385.jpg

897320.jpg

900476.jpg

12161.jpg

900151.jpg

7380.jpg
* (its a group)

31848.jpg
*(its a group)

8969.jpg
* (its a group)

8863.jpg
* (its a group)

and i aint even gonna post album like da roots, or UGK ridin dirty cuz those weren't on my radar back in da day

so i can't fairly judge their impact.

jay-z fans are guilty of having da most revisionist history though. reasonable doubt wasn't poppin like that.

what got him poppin was da nutty professor soundtrack with foxy brown, which got him his deal at def jam.

get rich or die trying was like a meteor crashing to earth when it

dropped, VERY few albums live up to da hype that 50's debut

but it did, and surpassed it in every way.

Last edited:
Your ignorance is comical homie. GRODT outsold both of those albums combined but it's not touching either one of them? You're not old enough to probably know this but when RD dropped in '96, it wasn't even top 5 albums that came out that year, and that is just being generous. RD did not know impact Hip-Hop the way GRODT did, and that's fact. Everyone from all walks of life was bumping GRODT in 03 while Jay was barely getting any love in NY at that time. Statement like this shows the lack of knowledge individuals have about Hip-Hop. These fools download all of Jay-z's music and think they know everything all of a sudden..

First of all homie i'm 29, been listening to hip hop since I was 12, so let's kill all that aint young enough or don't have any knowledge talk.

So because it outsold them both, it makes it better?

Nellyville outsold illmatic, it was written & stillmatic. Nellyville better than any of those albums? No

Last edited:
You were 12 when RD dropped so you just made my point that you were young and didn't have knowledge of what exactly what was going on in Hip-Hop at that time. Your Ma Dukes was probably buying you clean versions from Wal-Mart in 96. It is a fact that 50 outsold both of those albums but it takes more than just numbers to justify that. If you read what I wrote, I was talking about the impact GRODT had in 03 on Hip-Hop culture compared to the lack of an impact RD had in 96, how there was better albums that dropped that year, and how Jay was struggling to get spins in BK when he first dropped.

First of all "homie" i'm 29, been listening to hip hop since I was 12, so let's kill all that aint young enough or don't have any knowledge talk.

So because it outsold them both, it makes it better?

Nellyville outsold illmatic, it was written & stillmatic. Nellyville better than any of those albums? No

what?

man imma post albums that dropped in 1996 that were better then reasonable doubt and/or made more noise.

11083.jpg

7385.jpg

897320.jpg

900476.jpg

12161.jpg

900151.jpg

7380.jpg
* (its a group)

31848.jpg
*(its a group)

8969.jpg
* (its a group)

8863.jpg
* (its a group)

and i aint even gonna post album like da roots, or UGK ridin dirty cuz those weren't on my radar back in da day

so i can't fairly judge their impact.

jay-z fans are guilty of having da most revisionist history though. reasonable doubt wasn't poppin like that.

what got him poppin was da nutty professor soundtrack with foxy brown, which got him his deal at def jam.

get rich or die trying was like a meteor crashing to earth when it

dropped, VERY few albums live up to da hype that 50's debut

but it did, and surpassed it in every way.
I agree with the bolded part g...believe me, If I had to put Illadelph Halflife ( also dropped in 96) against Reasonable Doubt,the Roots get it...so does Stakes is High It Was Written and Hell On Earth.

In regards to RD not popping at the time, Im going to have to respectfully disagree with you sir.  Im assuming you were around at that time, so i find it confusing that someone who is up on hip hop like that would say that Reasonable Doubt wasnt poppin'. "Aint no...." got so much play it was annoying at times and remember it was on Reasonable Doubt album before that Nutty Professor joint.

True 50s first album had a lot of momentum behind it but thats about it. Oh and I couldn't see those picts mang.

Nah, Ma Dukes didn't buy me any albums :lol:

First album i ever heard was Follow The Leader.

Reasonable Doubt was "poppin'". Yes. "Ain't No", "Dead Presidents", "Can't Knock..." were well known singles. But "Ain't No" had been rocking for a while off Nutty Professor.

But in no way, shape or form was it the classic or as highly regarded as people make it out to be TODAY.

Looking back on Jay's career, it obviously represents a milestone as it was his first album. I think that is why people appreciate it NOW.

And those of us in the know understand that he had been trying to get on for LONG time before that. Thank you Damon Dash.

Ninja has said some wild ****, but agreed on the revisionist history.

It was poppin' but NO ONE was calling it a "classic" etc. And it was definitely in the shadows of a lot of those albums you posted.

Last edited:
^^^^

"Looking back on Jay's career, it obviously represents a milestone as it was his first album. And those of us in the know understand that he had been trying to get on for LONG time before that."

Hahah Original Flavor

Reasonable Doubt was "poppin'". Yes. "Ain't No", "Dead Presidents" were well known singles.

But in now way, shape or form was it the classic or as highly regarded as people make it out to be TODAY.

Looking back on Jay's career, it obviously represents a milestone as it was his first album. And those of us in the know understand that he had been trying to get on for LONG time before that.

Thank you Damon Dash.

At first yes, but IMO, that was because the source gave it 4 mic's, then realized they made a mistake and gave it a 5.

I still remember hearing dudes in thinking that dead president was some new track featuring Nas that leaked during their feud :stoneface:

and remember it was on Reasonable Doubt album before that Nutty Professor joint.

I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate. NP Soundtrack dropped before Reasonable Doubt". And "Ain't No..." was rockin' before either dropped.

This single and placement on NP is what got him his deal.

Not the other way around.

^^^^

"Looking back on Jay's career, it obviously represents a milestone as it was his first album. And those of us in the know understand that he had been trying to get on for LONG time before that."

Hahah Original Flavor

And a few weak *** singles besides that as well.

At first yes, but IMO, that was because the source gave it 4 mic's, then realized they made a mistake and gave it a 5.

I still remember hearing dudes in thinking that dead president was some new track featuring Nas that leaked during their feud :stoneface:

That don't sound strange to you? "Realized they made a mistake"? That right there....sounds like revisionist history to the fullest!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom