Lets Talk NBA Jerseys........

:rofl: at Suns doing full time sleeve jerseys

Christmas Day sleeve jerseys :x :smh: Knicks better not have that BS

Last edited:
I mean do they not use focus groups or any sort of market research to see what ppl think about adding sleeves before they actually implement it?

:rofl: at Suns doing full time sleeve jerseys

Christmas Day sleeve jerseys :x :smh: Knicks better not have that BS

Watch out for the all orange sleeve jerseys :lol:

I mean do they not use focus groups or any sort of market research to see what ppl think about adding sleeves before they actually implement it?

I, myself as a stingy purist, don't like the sleeve jerseys at all b/c I'm accustomed to tank top style being the norm for a basketball jersey but from a business aspect, it actually kinda makes sense from stuff I've read.

The argument I've read: Lot of people (not saying everybody but good amount) don't rock NBA/bball jerseys as much as football/baseball is b/c the tank top leaving the arms exposed is awkward for casual setting, can look trashy, etc. Adding sleeves makes it more consumer-friendly since it now becomes a t-shirt/soccer jersey.

I've also noticed trend of players in NBA and NCAA all gravitating towards sleeve jerseys or going to wearing undershirts. I swear I've never seen so many NBA players rocking undershirts as last two seasons. I could be wrong but that's what I think lol. Also all the NCAA teams that have been rolling out sleeve jerseys.

Once again, I'm not supporting the sleeve jerseys. I think they look awful :x :lol: :smh: but I get the reasoning.

Lol someone post that photoshop of Dwight being 100% covered with equipment
laugh.gif
I wish the Warriors alt didn't have sleeves. I would of copped it by now.
But that jersey is fire.

Watch out for the all orange sleeve jerseys :lol:
I, myself as a stingy purist, don't like the sleeve jerseys at all b/c I'm accustomed to tank top style being the norm for a basketball jersey but from a business aspect, it actually kinda makes sense from stuff I've read.

The argument I've read: Lot of people (not saying everybody but good amount) don't rock NBA/bball jerseys as much as football/baseball is b/c the tank top leaving the arms exposed is awkward for casual setting, can look trashy, etc. Adding sleeves makes it more consumer-friendly since it now becomes a t-shirt/soccer jersey.

I've also noticed trend of players in NBA and NCAA all gravitating towards sleeve jerseys or going to wearing undershirts. I swear I've never seen so many NBA players rocking undershirts as last two seasons. I could be wrong but that's what I think lol. Also all the NCAA teams that have been rolling out sleeve jerseys.

Once again, I'm not supporting the sleeve jerseys. I think they look awful :x :lol: :smh: but I get the reasoning.

SMH. The Warriors and NCAA jerseys look so damn dumb. They don't look as natural as MLB or NFL jerseys. I wear both often. NBA are summer time jerseys.

Maybe sales are down because their jerseys are priced unreasonably and inaccurate. I stopped buying from the NBA Store awhile ago. Cheap quality and terrible product for an extremely high price.

I was too juiced when SLAM came out with this cover. I remember looking all over for it when this issue released. That was the 2002-03 year and Kobe was a shoe free agent that gave me indication that he was going to sign with Nike. I went wild when Nike finally came out with these jerseys. A black Lakers jersey would be too :smokin but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Just wore this jersey to the gym today...it's fire

Dwight Howard - all that damn gear with no game.

I've always found this hilarious. Like that kid who plays pick up ball with the new shoes, bright socks, and the arm sleeve - but can't make a layup.

SMH. The Warriors and NCAA jerseys look so damn dumb. They don't look as natural as MLB or NFL jerseys. I wear both often. NBA are summer time jerseys.

Maybe sales are down because their jerseys are priced unreasonably and inaccurate. I stopped buying from the NBA Store awhile ago. Cheap quality and terrible product for an extremely high price.
I think it's the sizing.  Even if people were down to rock a sleeveless jersey all the time (they're not), NBA jerseys are so damn long that they just look stupid.  Unless you're going for a Dipset circa '03 type of look.  

Last edited:

I think it's the sizing.  Even if people were down to rock a sleeveless jersey all the time (they're not), NBA jerseys are so damn long that they just look stupid.  Unless you're going for a Dipset circa '03 type of look.  
they're all procut these days.

I love my warriors but, I prefer the previous Warriors over the garbage retro one. I actually like some v-necks also like the Pacers and Lakers. Old Rockets and Grizzlies were classics though.

It's time for the Lakers to get a new uniform. I'd love to see them go back to the old day uniforms like when they wore the short shorts. Minus the short shorts

Back
Top Bottom