Lexus is the best car brand, period.

As an RC F sport owner, the car is NOT a performance coupe. It's more like a 2 door IS that's as heavy as a GS. It's all looks and is terrible on performance. It's so heavy. If it came with more torque to get the big body moving off the line it would be better. Just very slow. I will say though as a cruiser this car is really nice. Great ride quality. Biggest gripes are the dated Navi and screen interface and the seats retaining heat and blowing hot air when you have the cooling fans on if the car is out in the sun for a couple hours. The GS F sport has a very nice in dash setup with an HD screen. The RC has a 640x480 vga 10 year old looking screen. 

Different strokes for different folks but as far as looks, the RC is one mean looking car. I wish Lexus would really spice up their powerplants in these cars. The styling is really nice, just has no soul when driving them.

Personally looking at an M2/M4 or even the new Supra with the BMW Turbo powerplant when my lease is up. 
They tried to make it ride like a Lexus but there were differing reports/reviews on it, some say it is good as a sports car while others say it is a bit more tamed. Once thing that everyone agrees on is that it is very heavy.

I think the RC350 is more like a GT coupe while the RCF is their full on array but it does fall short against it's rivals but most also agree that it is a good first attempt.

I'll agree with you though since you own it
laugh.gif
Its not a sports car IMO. I agree with you that it is a GT Coupe. Touring all the way. I test drove the RCF and had my heart set on it at first but I was very underwhelmed when I drove that too. Not worth the extra 17k for that boost in HP. At that price point an S5 or M4 >.  Decided to wait to see what BMW had in store with the M2 and also what the Toyota/BMW sports car would be. By the time my lease is up those cars should be out. The looks of this car are killer though and that's what snagged me.

This is a very great first attempt though. I always have had a soft spot for Japanese engineering when it comes to cars and hope a refresh/2nd gen might make this car more to my liking. Even a track model with some amenities gutted for performance would definitely have me interested when I'm done with this car. 

Red interior is dope and all but I feel like I would get tired of it afyer a week. Black or tan interior >>>>>

zero23 zero23

Great info!

Damn Lexus rides are always nice and great cruiser, very reliable but can be boring to drive smh

Damnit

Any car can be boring to drive if the driver wants to drive it like it's boring. That's just me. To me there can be some placebo effect too especially with the engine being much quieter these days and companies having to feed faux engine/exhaust noise inside the cabin.

Just as an example, Porsche Caymans are deemed to be one of the best drivers car out there because it is planted and you can push it to the limit without much worry and many love it. However, there's the other side of the coin where other do not like it because it is too safe, there is no danger or thrill, it won't bite you in the butt if you make a mistake. In this case, many pick the Z4 over the Cayman. So which is more fun to you guys?

Is the RC350/RC-F the best in it's class? Nope! But can you enjoy driving it if you want? Most definitely, just turn that switch to sport mode then be treated to a nice and plush ride once you are done getting your thrill.

At the end of the day, most of these cars won't be pushed to the limit on day to day driving and I am not sure how many people here actually takes their car to the track, my guess is very few. Hell me and my friends go to the track with E36 beaters (would probably upgrade to E46 in the near future) because we don't want to worry about f'n up and we have enough fun in them with little to worry about.

I will go back to a review I posted about the RCF and I feel this really does explain what most consumers really are including those who buy M4s, C63s, ATS-Vs, etc....

Every year, thousands of people buy two-door coupes that bear the badges of BMW M, Mercedes-AMG, Audi RS, and Cadillac V. These cars are powerful, fast, agile, and - if you believe the marketing - are made to kick *** on the track.

But, and this is just my theory, only about 0.2 percent of these owners actually drive their cars the way the companies intended. Most buyers, I think, want the image put forth by an M4 or C63 AMG more than any dynamic abilities. These people just want to give the impression that they're out tearing up the local road course, and a $70,000 sports coupe and a pair of Pilotis are just the ticket. Which is not to say they don't use the performance of these cars, just not the full track-day capabilities. If this describes you, I recommend checking out the new Lexus RC F.

The Lexus RC F isn't the dynamic equal of its competitors. Instead, it delivers a good blend of everyday livability, and it does so for a more reasonable price. While it isn't likely to appeal to people buying cars for track days, it's a good deal for folks who just want to look the part.

Last edited:
RFX I can't debate that quote at all

Def on the money, don't get me wrong I would consider buying Lexus even with what I just said.

I've driven Audi and Bimmers and the ride was just so much cooler to me.

Lexus are 100% great cruisers. Lexus IS is on my list based on looks, AWD an I actually like driving it more than the GS imo

Each definitely has their own nuances.

Only car i can really see being boring for daily driving is something like a Prius which doesn't move even when you floor it but give me one to trash at the track and I'm pretty I'd have fun with it. :lol:

Doesn't your mom own a GS? How is it working for her even without AWD?

Just noticed they have a GS200t now as well. Digging the subtle design change of the grill.

View media item 1849798

Last edited:
I had a Prius rental before you're not lying about flooring it. People gave me dirty looks all day in that thing. Gas mileage was indeed insane.

I'm a huge fan of Lexus quality and a proud Lexus owner; however, I do feel reviewers are making excuses for Lexus when they say things like "you have to rev the car to 5krpm and really mash the pedals to the carpet and then the rewards are rich" or "it's a blend of everyday livability". If you want that you can save over 20k and get a loaded model IS, RC, or even decently equipped GS. Lexus made their F models for performance and as alternatives to the M3 & 4, C63, S5, and M5 which provide everyday livability but performs MUCH better straight line and on a track.

Though I would never buy one of those vehicles, leasing is extremely appealing to me. Lexus really needs to step it's game up, lose a massive amount of weight, increase horsepower some, and dramatically increase low end torque if it doesn't want to continue to lose customers to it's German rivals.

I really like the styling of the RC-F and GS-F and it is still on my list of potential cars I may choose next, but their performance compared to similarly priced alternatives currently have them placed very low on that list.

Last edited:
Red interior is dope and all but I feel like I would get tired of it afyer a week. Black or tan interior >>>>>

I definitely didnt, you may not notice it as much, but when people always comment on it, you feel good. 8) Not tired of the read seats after a year.

You goofed. Red interior is flames.

Word.

That mightve been the only car you ever get with the red guts.

That Q60 coupe meh as of now. Might grow on me, the rear end looks kinda weird, tail lights look like they are squinting too much...

Last edited:
Each definitely has their own nuances.

Only car i can really see being boring for daily driving is something like a Prius which doesn't move even when you floor it but give me one to trash at the track and I'm pretty I'd have fun with it. :lol:

Doesn't your mom own a GS? How is it working for her even without AWD?

Just noticed they have a GS200t now as well. Digging the subtle design change of the grill.

she has GS350

Awd def something a lot of ppl have in CT, nice interior great cruising

It's boring to me

I honestly believe if they gave the RC Coupe more Torque to get it's big booty off the line, it would be so much more of an enjoyable car. It really doesn't matter what mode you drive the car in aside from Eco mode. Just feels boring to me. And yes, I drive very spirited on my daily commute. Or at least I used to before this car. I leased this car for the looks so I knew what I was getting into. Just wished it was paired with a beastly powerplant to match the beautiful styling.

@Al Audi  my girl has a GS F-Sport I feel the same exact way. When you drive it, it feels boring. For her though, it's perfect. She doesn't drive it wild or anything. I love cruising in that car, much like the RC.

I've tracked most of my former daily cars so far (S2000, E92 335, E92 M3) except for this one. Getting older and don't have the time right now but eventually I will. Curious to see the results but with 8000 miles of daily driving I can kinda guess how it will do already. 

I agree

I test drove the GS F back in 2013

Along with A6 and 5 series, I like Lexus but damn, boring isn't cool for/to me.

There was no GS-F in 2013 unless you meant GS F-Sport?

Which is also funny because many favored the GS-F over the equivalent 5-series.

There was no GS-F in 2013 unless you meant GS F-Sport?

Which is also funny because many favored the GS-F over the equivalent 5-series.

Awwwe yes

Back then it was just GS F sport just diff look aesthetic but the same all around that year right?

Btw I liked the GS overall better than the 5 series, I'm kinda bias towards Audi lol.

I remember the thread long ago I stated this opinion also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom