Li-Ning Thread

Would rather pay for a QUALITY pair a little over retail and know I'm secure than scramble after the fact.
This. I'm skipping pretty much all the Jordan releases this year and going back and getting WoW1s and any WoW2 coming up. Getting actual good quality in this price point is a no brainer for me.

This. I'm skipping pretty much all the Jordan releases this year and going back and getting WoW1s and any WoW2 coming up. Getting actual good quality in this price point is a no brainer for me.

Exactly bro! Now if ONLY they could make these WoW's a little more accessible while still at this price point, game over JB. Even the overseas prices aren't terrible given what you're actually getting. So I'm pretty ok going forward backing Li Ning. Code Red pics WILL be up when they arrive!

I see plenty people going for way of wade if they expand but I don't see it making a dent in Jordan sales, let's be real. Even LeBron's don't hurt Jordan numbers. They all still sell out, even the ugly color ways

I hope they stay "under the radar" because these are definitely becoming harder to get than even a few months ago, at least the special releases.

UPDATE:

these are getting more comfortable the more i wear them for ball. That leather is top notch and what i thought was a small sneaker before now fits perfectly
smokin.gif

need to get another pair cause imma keep ballin in these.
Is the stiff tongue bothering you? My Announcement pair is coming on Wednesday and I'm using them to ball, but I'm afraid the tongue is going to bite into my ankle like what KickGenius has said.

When do the Code Red drop?

As of now it's supposed to be this month, March 15th. That has been according to a few shops/dealers I have spoken with in China regarding pre-orders etc. I assume that WoW.com will also have them, but who knows. The "Screw" pair is supposed to release tomorrow limited to 500 pair China only...

I see plenty people going for way of wade if they expand but I don't see it making a dent in Jordan sales, let's be real. Even LeBron's don't hurt Jordan numbers. They all still sell out, even the ugly color ways

skep skep See if this grabs you instead lol... You are correct, hurting JB's numbes? Definitely not going to happen, even though it should just to put them in their place for TONS of cheap-o, lackluster Retro releases. The flagship "Legacy" shoes are still qualtiy, but weird designs and ostentatious price points kinda don't help. I just wish that more kicks were up to par quality wise like these. I was at FTL, Champs, and FNL shopping earlier, while wearing the Christmas Wade's...surprised how many "seasoned" sneaker head/employees had almost no idea what these were. Oh well... :smh: Jordan Brand-1 Li Ning-0

I hope they stay "under the radar" because these are definitely becoming harder to get than even a few months ago, at least the special releases.

As excited as I am about this brand...I agree...keep em sleeper status...so I shall calm my excitement :tongue:

Is the stiff tongue bothering you? My Announcement pair is coming on Wednesday and I'm using them to ball, but I'm afraid the tongue is going to bite into my ankle like what KickGenius has said.
I only wore them for casual a couple of hours since they came in, but while the tongue is stiff, I haven't felt any pain or restriction at all. I used to get WAY more crap from any Jordan 5 shoe with the stupid "Air Jordan" tag behind the tongue. You should be fine in these fam!

@dc30 you are right, many people dont know what they are yet and its kind of a double edged sword.
you want people to know that you are wearing a quality shoe , but you dont want everybody jumping on the hype-wagon and wearing the same thing and driving up prices
i plan to wear my WoW2s to the next sneaker convention i go to if my lebron iDs dont show up

Screws are available but price is pretty crazy...also no half sizes

Last edited:
@dc30 you are right, many people dont know what they are yet and its kind of a double edged sword.
you want people to know that you are wearing a quality shoe , but you dont want everybody jumping on the hype-wagon and wearing the same thing and driving up prices
i plan to wear my WoW2s to the next sneaker convention i go to if my lebron iDs dont show up
With the rate the Bron iD's are going delivery time wise looks like might be WoW on deck bro lol!

Screws are available but price is pretty crazy...also no half sizes
Where are you looking?

UPDATE:

these are getting more comfortable the more i wear them for ball. That leather is top notch and what i thought was a small sneaker before now fits perfectly :smokin

need to get another pair cause imma keep ballin in these.

stiff tongue doesnt bother me at all

Last edited:
So I received my pair and just opened them. There's a yellow haze over the white midsole, almost like excess lacquer. I will post pictures later. Anyone else have this on theirs? Shaw?

So I received my pair and just opened them. There's a yellow haze over the white midsole, almost like excess lacquer. I will post pictures later. Anyone else have this on theirs? Shaw?
I should be home within an hour. Ill let you know when I inspect them, but I read a lot of complaints about the white paint job on them.

Assume you're referring to the announcements? Nightwing had the same issue with his pair. Mine are at home waiting for me I will report back about mine as well.

skep skep

Min isn't awful but there's yellowing on the creases of the midsole. Definitely from using too much clear I think. Not noticeable on feet so I'm ok with it.

Mine is basically all over the full midsole area, just a yellow haze.. almost like excess clear coat on a car or something... or glue. I'll take detailed pictures after dinner.

Is the leather sticky or tacky on anyone else's pair? Is that normal? I've read tons of positive reviews on the leather being premium but I know true leather and I'm not 100% sold yet.

Not much yellowing that I could see on my pair...but they sent me the wrong size. Their CS isn't bad just a little slow. They placed a new order for me without any charge holds or anything which was cool, and of course took care of the return shipping.

Leather wasn't quite as buttery as I was expecting, but it was still nice. They definitely look like an inline-esque release as compared to the other premium pairs but they are still better than 90% of what Nike/JB drops (to be fair Nikes 'SP' releases typically are high quality with excellent materials). Looking forward to my replacement pair.

Man, sucks that you guys had yellowing on your Announcements.  I was lucky and there was no signs of yellowing on mine.

On another note, just ordered another pair of WoW 1's.  Had to order 1/2 size down cause someone stole my size 
mean.gif

It was either 1/2 size up or 1/2 size down, and my TTS has a tiny bit of room in the toebox, so I went with 1/2 size down.

Will post pics when they arrive.

I'll start with the beauty shots
All pictures taken with my galaxy note 3, as said before I'm no photographer

Last edited:
And the residue is very hard to capture and recognize it, but even my son noticed it as soon as he looked

Back
Top Bottom