Li-Ning Thread

all i know is a dude connected to the wow4s showed me the upcoming pairs and told me to keep quiet, and u just willy nilly posted up a pair that hasn't been revealed yet lol.

anyways, wade is the one making the decision to keep the wow line lowkey. theres nothing we can do about it, a lot of the big sites dont post about the wows cuz they dont know about the wows. simple as that.

all i know is a dude connected to the wow4s showed me the upcoming pairs and told me to keep quiet, and u just willy nilly posted up a pair that hasn't been revealed yet lol.

anyways, wade is the one making the decision to keep the wow line lowkey. theres nothing we can do about it, a lot of the big sites dont post about the wows cuz they dont know about the wows. simple as that.

Everyone knows about the Wade line, they just choose not to write articles about it.

There are only so many signature lines in the league, it's no secret which ones are out there.

In the Toronto/Miami series alone, there are 5 players wearing the Wade line.

Last edited:
Everyone knows about the Wade line, they just choose not to write articles about it.

There are only so many signature lines in the league, it's no secret which ones are out there.

In the Toronto/Miami series alone, there are 5 players wearing the Wade line.
and with that ive seen the coverage of the wades go up. u act like sites should go out of their way and buy a pair to review out of the goodness of their hearts to bring some attention to a line where the creator says he wants it to remain exclusive and lowkey. for a shoe line where the biggest retailer of the shoe is one store in australia. with 2 boutiques in all of america that sell pairs. exactly where is the incentive to go out and buy a pair and bring attention to that line in your opinion?

and with that ive seen the coverage of the wades go up. u act like sites should go out of their way and buy a pair to review out of the goodness of their hearts to bring some attention to a line where the creator says he wants it to remain exclusive and lowkey. for a shoe line where the biggest retailer of the shoe is one store in australia. with 2 boutiques in all of america that sell pairs. exactly where is the incentive to go out and buy a pair and bring attention to that line in your opinion?

No one said they should review anything. Any of these sites claim to be "news sources" and as such, they should post relevant news about a signature line. It's a joke to consider any sneaker site as credible "journalism."

No one said they should review anything. Any of these sites claim to be "news sources" and as such, they should post relevant news about a signature line. It's a joke to consider any sneaker site as credible "journalism."
then what do u suggest? like i said, way of wade is remaining lowkey on purpose. what would u suggest a site to do? mention a new colorway coming out for a line of shoes most people have never heard of, then tell them if they want some pairs, either fly to miami on release day or order from australia? im just saying... i dont expect anyone to go out of their way to bring attention to a brand that doesnt want attention

then what do u suggest? like i said, way of wade is remaining lowkey on purpose. what would u suggest a site to do? mention a new colorway coming out for a line of shoes most people have never heard of, then tell them if they want some pairs, either fly to miami on release day or order from australia? im just saying... i dont expect anyone to go out of their way to bring attention to a brand that doesnt want attention

Just because a brand is at select retailers doesn't mean they don't want success at those locations. Every Wade model has been available online, what more does any consumer need?

The Wade line is sold at Fanatics (Way of Wade site, NBA Store, Fans Edge). So they're available to every US consumer at the biggest online sports retailer in the country. On top of that, they're sold at Sunlight Station, which ships international. You can't ask for better availability worldwide.

Just because a brand is at select retailers doesn't mean they don't want success at those locations. Every Wade model has been available online, what more does any consumer need?

The Wade line is sold at Fanatics (Way of Wade site, NBA Store, Fans Edge). So they're available to every US consumer at the biggest online sports retailer in the country. On top of that, they're sold at Sunlight Station, which ships international. You can't ask for better availability worldwide.
availability through online shopping doesn't translate to attention or desire thereof though. wade/li-ning doesn't want it. what can we do? i mean i personally love the  "oh my god what are those?" questions lol. and we all want the boy wade to flourish. but its up to him and li-ning. they could easily boost the brand if they wanted.

If they're available through a major online retailer, and one that ships internationally, what more can you really want at this point? Anyone who wants a pair has the ability to get one, regardless of where they live. I've directed many people to Fanatics, Sunlight Station when they ask where they can buy them. If they're available, they're available. There's not much additional benefit in having more online retailers. I haven't bought a pair of sneakers at an in-store retailer in years.

If they're available through a major online retailer, and one that ships internationally, what more can you really want at this point? Anyone who wants a pair has the ability to get one, regardless of where they live. I've directed many people to Fanatics, Sunlight Station when they ask where they can buy them. If they're available, they're available. There's not much additional benefit in having more online retailers. I haven't bought a pair of sneakers at an in-store retailer in years.
i think we're on 2 different pages. im talking about those websites mentioned earlier "because certain news outlets/sneaker sites refuse to report anything about the Wade line." not giving any attention to the way of wade line. you seem to be talking about availability. im saying wow line doesnt get much attention, because wade and co dont want it to. i supported this by saying look at their approach to retail. im asking what would you have those news outlets/sneaker sites do? if i see a brand i like, but that brand wants to stay lowkey and made themselves sparse.... im not going to report or give updates about them either.

First time hearing about a shoe company that doesn't want any attention. I can respect that.
its weird....and regrettable in a way. such AWESOME shoes. and its like, swept under the rug. i wonder what wade's end goal is with the way of wade line. like, does he want it to be everywhere but not in major retail stores? on some i did it organically stuff? or does he permanently really only want a select few (relatively) to be a part of the greatness?

its weird....and regrettable in a way. such AWESOME shoes. and its like, swept under the rug. i wonder what wade's end goal is with the way of wade line. like, does he want it to be everywhere but not in major retail stores? on some i did it organically stuff? or does he permanently really only want a select few (relatively) to be a part of the greatness?

Of course they want attention for a product they have for sale. They release new colorways often, and it's out of their hands at that point whether or not a website wants to report on it. It's not just Li-Ning sneakers that they ignore, so it's definitely not a "not wanting attention issue."

Sneaker sites are just like gossip news outlets. They're not reporting on new events and stories, they just post click bait.

Last edited:
Of course they want attention for a product they have for sale. They release new colorways often, and it's out of their hands at that point whether or not a website wants to report on it. It's not just Li-Ning sneakers that they ignore, so it's definitely not a "not wanting attention issue."

Sneaker sites are just like gossip news outlets. They're not reporting on new events and stories, they just post click bait.

How do you want attention for your product but only do soft releases in limited quantities. Every shoe is limited essentially. Which wade said he wanted. For the sneaker heads and core way of wade fans... that's who he said the shoe was for. To say you want attention while saying your product is only for the core customers you already have... that doesn't make too much sense.

Their Marketing = Instagram posts from wade, Instagram posts from the creative director of wow, YouTube clips from nightwing when they give him a pair. That's about it. Not exactly out there trying to reach a broader audience

This is why I feel they don't want more attention. Otherwise they could easily double the quantity in the US, throw a LITTLE advertising in the mix and blow up

Last edited:
How can every pair be limited when any colorway you want is available right now from Fanatics or Sunlight Station? They're readily available to anyone who wants to purchase them.

The only pair that was really limited were the Liberty's. Those sold out quick and are still tough to find.

How can every pair be limited when any colorway you want is available right now from Fanatics or Sunlight Station? They're readily available to anyone who wants to purchase them.

Allstar. Liberty. Lyfe collab. EB collab. All the hottest colors, limited. Extremely limited. And if you're size 13, forget about it.

I exaggerated saying all of them are limited. Everything else stands. Wade isn't expanding the brand, on purpose

Remember, I'm on your side lol. I love the shoes and brand and want it to blow up. But what they're doing just doesn't make sense to me

Last edited:
The only pair that was really limited were the Liberty's. Those sold out quick and are still tough to find.
True. That's the only one I would even consider being such, and if you really wanted a pair, they were available and even re-stocked. I don't think it's fair to call a collab with a store as limited. The LYFE pair was available through the WOW site for a while (until it sold out....which is good), but it's still available at Sunlight Station.

https://www.sunlightstation.com/wow-4-0-lyfe/

lol I love to know 'your source' that showed you all upcoming releases....

Asking me to tell who showed upcoming releases? Cmon g what type of sucker **** is that lol. Regardless man, I was told not to post that orange pair.

True. That's the only one I would even consider being such, and if you really wanted a pair, they were available and even re-stocked. I don't think it's fair to call a collab with a store as limited. The LYFE pair was available through the WOW site for a while (until it sold out....which is good), but it's still available at Sunlight Station.

I hear what you're saying. Do you believe the way of wade line is trying to reach new consumers or trying to bring more brand awareness?

What about the All Stars?

Back
Top Bottom