Light weigt runners and wide feet

O.K. I'm fat and have wide feet. I am wanting to start exercising and am interested in a pair of frees or lunars. I have had my eye on a pair of lunar max vortex but do not want to order them not knowing their fit.

My question is which shoe would ya'll recommend for someone in my position? I am looking to do more walking/jogging at first which is why i'm looking into something more sleek and light. Thanks.

O.K. I'm fat and have wide feet. I am wanting to start exercising and am interested in a pair of frees or lunars. I have had my eye on a pair of lunar max vortex but do not want to order them not knowing their fit.

My question is which shoe would ya'll recommend for someone in my position? I am looking to do more walking/jogging at first which is why i'm looking into something more sleek and light. Thanks.

It depends on the arches of your feet n how u walk/run...i have wide feet and i have a pair of alomst everything. for comfort i would go a nike max 360
or nike free lunar glides..
Good luck...stay motivated

It depends on the arches of your feet n how u walk/run...i have wide feet and i have a pair of alomst everything. for comfort i would go a nike max 360
or nike free lunar glides..
Good luck...stay motivated

From experience I wouldn't try any Free's. They are way too light if you're running on a heavier frames. Im in the Army and we run 15-20 miles on average weekly. I'm 6'2"/225 lbs. and had horrible time in the 2 days in the Free's. Lunarglide 2's did wonders for me, but I ran those into the ground. So I went to runners store and they recommended the Pegasus, Vomero's, and Structures lines by Nike. I also went with some Asics Kayanos. I rotate constantly depending on the run my 1Sgt has for that morning. Also if you have wide feet, the Lunars and AM's don't offer wide sizes. Pegasus, Vomero's, Structures do. I use a 4E wide. The Lunars and AM's typically offer only medium width, then you'll feet will hate you.  All in all it's up to you, but good on you for looking out for your health. Which includes your feet as well.

From experience I wouldn't try any Free's. They are way too light if you're running on a heavier frames. Im in the Army and we run 15-20 miles on average weekly. I'm 6'2"/225 lbs. and had horrible time in the 2 days in the Free's. Lunarglide 2's did wonders for me, but I ran those into the ground. So I went to runners store and they recommended the Pegasus, Vomero's, and Structures lines by Nike. I also went with some Asics Kayanos. I rotate constantly depending on the run my 1Sgt has for that morning. Also if you have wide feet, the Lunars and AM's don't offer wide sizes. Pegasus, Vomero's, Structures do. I use a 4E wide. The Lunars and AM's typically offer only medium width, then you'll feet will hate you.  All in all it's up to you, but good on you for looking out for your health. Which includes your feet as well.

Wide feet+lightweight=Lunarglide2

You can search far and wide but its unlikely you will find something more comfortable

Wide feet+lightweight=Lunarglide2

You can search far and wide but its unlikely you will find something more comfortable

IMO stay away from Lunarfoam if you're on the heavier side - in addition to what devildoc76 has stated the heavier you are the faster the shoes' cushioning will break down, no matter the brand, Asics, Nike, Mizuno, New Balance, etc.

Look at reviews online from a reputable runners' magazine, like Runners World, etc. to see what is working for the larger runners out there.

I compressed the Foam in my first pair of Lunar runners & that was jsut from casual wear at work (not even running) so the more sturdily built shoes wil be more cost effective & last longer.

You'll have to take your time to research what shoe works for you; your biomechanical gait, footstrike, etc. No one has perfect running form out of the box so if you have the time to get your running form evaluated it will be well worth your time & expense.

Depending on your weight you'll probably want to get more than one pair for rotation if you can afford more than one pair at a time.

Myself, Asics > Nikes when it comes to true running footwear, which is funny since overall I'm a Nike fiend but in this case the right tools for the right job.

Good luck & get running

IMO stay away from Lunarfoam if you're on the heavier side - in addition to what devildoc76 has stated the heavier you are the faster the shoes' cushioning will break down, no matter the brand, Asics, Nike, Mizuno, New Balance, etc.

Look at reviews online from a reputable runners' magazine, like Runners World, etc. to see what is working for the larger runners out there.

I compressed the Foam in my first pair of Lunar runners & that was jsut from casual wear at work (not even running) so the more sturdily built shoes wil be more cost effective & last longer.

You'll have to take your time to research what shoe works for you; your biomechanical gait, footstrike, etc. No one has perfect running form out of the box so if you have the time to get your running form evaluated it will be well worth your time & expense.

Depending on your weight you'll probably want to get more than one pair for rotation if you can afford more than one pair at a time.

Myself, Asics > Nikes when it comes to true running footwear, which is funny since overall I'm a Nike fiend but in this case the right tools for the right job.

Good luck & get running

Back
Top Bottom