Lil Yachty - Teenage Emotions, Out Now Vol. The Sailing Team

I think the problem is that the music is in a decadence. Big was 21 when he dropped Ready to Die. Mobb Deep were teenagers when Hell on Earth came out. 

Fast forward to today, kids the same ages are making EXTREMELY young and immature sounding ****. So what happened in the past 20 years for this to be the case?

Im pretty sure if we did enough research we could find trash young artists of the 90s (besides Kriss Kross of course)

As bad as this decade is perceived it's still way better than the 2000s

^That's the thing, you'd have to do research, as they weren't actually seen nor pushed, and practically celebrated. Current ****** young artists have some of the best backing you can have :lol: a whole bunch of those 1-2 hit wonders from 02-08 would be flourishing right now

Wat u mean
Kriss Kross went 5x platinum
Compared to dudes like Pharcyde who many consider dropped an essential piece to hiphop but dat joint only went gold

I was saying youd have to do research cuz I was baby around that time. Can we rly name something Yachty did that'll be remembered in a a couple of years let alone a whole decade.

Most of the ringtone rappers from 2000s literally lived off 1 song (yet still had albums)

Last edited:
I was saying youd have to do research cuz I was baby around that time. Can we rly name something Yachty did that'll be remembered in a a couple of years let alone a whole decade.

Son been "IN" for maybe about a yr now, maybe less. Give him time. He already doing more things than most rappers

I don't like his music or how he disrespects 90s rap but I like seeing young black males doing it big so congrats to lil boat keep up the success

I think the problem is that the music is in a decadence. Big was 21 when he dropped Ready to Die. Mobb Deep were teenagers when Hell on Earth came out. 

Fast forward to today, kids the same ages are making EXTREMELY young and immature sounding ****. So what happened in the past 20 years for this to be the case?
chance made acid rap at 20-21

earl, vic staples, drake made comeback season at 21, etc.

turned my tv on the other day n yachty was on espn 
pimp.gif

I might drink it when it's hot I might drink it when it's cold with a flavor so bold you can feel it in your toes. Cold like it's my soda cold like it's my soda. :smokin

It gets cold like Minnesota cold like Minnesota cold like Minnesota . You need to stay up out the streets if you can't take the heat. Stay up out the streets if you can't take the heat.

:smokin

Is there a Skippa and Quava only version?

I was just joking when I posted this cause I didn't actually listen to the song, but the video just popped up on tv and Jesus Christ Minnesota is terrible. Even Quavo and Skippa Da Flippa couldn't save it. Wow that was bad

Not too sure about his music but I like Lil Yachty, the man.

He's sharp. Dope guy.

I picked up the Lil Boat album, I'll leave it on this month and see what it is.

Back
Top Bottom