Living above your means to floss on IG

One of my homies is on str8 stunt mode.
He post pics of corvettes, camaros, jeeps, and all kinds of stuff on his IG. Cars are his stepdads, and moms. But he post them like they are his. People that follow him thinks he balls, but he really lives paycheck to paycheck. He's a really good dude tho, so I would never question him or unfollow.

I mean I get what OP is saying, however, as mentioned, this isn't just because of social media...it's just easier access to see what's going on now because of social media.  Dudes be posting 18 $100 bills with a slick comment but don't mention they about to go pay that to their landlord 

:lol:

One of my homies is on str8 stunt mode.
He post pics of corvettes, camaros, jeeps, and all kinds of stuff on his IG. Cars are his stepdads, and moms. But he post them like they are his. People that follow him thinks he balls, but he really lives paycheck to paycheck. He's a really good dude tho, so I would never question him or unfollow.

What do you mean he posts it like it's his? Does he caption it like "Just bought this" or "sitting in my garage" type of captions?

Or is he just posting pictures of it?

I'll tell you what I hate tho... People who grind for likes.

There is a guy I had to unfollow strictly because he was not about his paper, and it's actually quite annoying. The dude runs a soda business off his IG.

He doesn't have a website, so his method of ordering is you DM him, and he'll hit u back with the price of soda + shipping depending on how much u want or where u live.

The problem is dude is not a hustler, instead of taking orders, and getting numbers together for his soda business. He post like 75-100 memes a day, and CONSTANTLY tells people he's too busy, and couldn't get to their orders or shipping. I'm talking 10-15 times daily, EVERYDAY. It's like he doesn't want to make money. He just wants to get more popular daily, and try to get a thousand likes a day.

He makes videos of himself showing his cheap gun sitting in his lap at least 10-20 days riding in his car. And tags wanna be boppers in all his videos. He even puts stupid *** hashtags on all his post, that nobody would ever look up.

He even said he wants go on sharktank. And he's dead serious. Dude prolly hasn't even sold more than $1000 of soda. He sells em for 1 dollar a piece in glass bottles, so I know his margins are horrible.

Lamest dude Ive ever encountered in my life. And overall probably the biggest moron as well.

What do you mean he posts it like it's his? Does he caption it like "Just bought this" or "sitting in my garage" type of captions?

Or is he just posting pictures of it?

He post pictures of it. He doesn't really say it's his.
But for instance, somebody that follows him posted under a picture of the corvette, and it said.... "We should race at the track this Friday" and my boy is like "that's a bet" knowing he won't be able to bring it to the track. He drives a Silverado. But like i said, he's a Stand up guy, so I wouldn't sweat him about his efame. It's the only semi unauthentic thing ive ever seen him be a part of

I actually unfollow people I find annoying, however, based on past experiences I can't stand the videos of girls just looking at the camera flipping their hair, and then they zoom in on their breasts and/or butt and at the end they stick out their tongue...It's sad what women has become

There is a guy I had to unfollow strictly because he was not about his paper, and it's actually quite annoying. The dude runs a soda business off his IG.

He doesn't have a website, so his method of ordering is you DM him, and he'll hit u back with the price of soda + shipping depending on how much u want or where u live.

The problem is dude is not a hustler, instead of taking orders, and getting numbers together for his soda business. He post like 75-100 memes a day, and CONSTANTLY tells people he's too busy, and couldn't get to their orders or shipping. I'm talking 10-15 times daily, EVERYDAY. It's like he doesn't want to make money. He just wants to get more popular daily, and try to get a thousand likes a day.

He makes videos of himself showing his cheap gun sitting in his lap at least 10-20 days riding in his car. And tags wanna be boppers in all his videos. He even puts stupid *** hashtags on all his post, that nobody would ever look up.

He even said he wants go on sharktank. And he's dead serious. Dude prolly hasn't even sold more than $1000 of soda. He sells em for 1 dollar a piece in glass bottles, so I know his margins are horrible.

Lamest dude Ive ever encountered in my life. And overall probably the biggest moron as well.

Wait... Dude sells... Sodas?

Like, homemade soda?

What kind of hustle is that?

its long. I wont cliff it. But I think it touches on a lot of what is being discussed in this thread. If you dont watch it thats your loss, if you do kudos to you

Like, homemade soda?

I don't know if it's homemade or ordered. He has potential to make money tho. A lot of people hit him up, and try to order. But he just keeps posting memes instead of fulfilling orders. EVERYDAY. Its really quite sad too. He wants IG likes, more than money.

its long. I wont cliff it. But I think it touches on a lot of what is being discussed in this thread. If you dont watch it thats your loss, if you do kudos to you

*Recording on iPhone.
*Has a Mac Book.
*Also has a Kindle.
*Went to boarding school in the US.
*Currently at University in the US.

*Counseling folks on how money and material things are not important.

K.

*Recording on iPhone.
*Has a Mac Book.
*Also has a Kindle.
*Went to boarding school in the US.
*Currently at University in the US.

*Counseling folks on how money and material things are not important.

K.
Literally you twisted her words.

1. All those things were given to her as GIFTS which she uses for school.

2. The money being spent on her education is an investment in her future, not a depreciable asset like a car.

3. She didn't say money was not important, she said spending money frivolously to make others think you have money even when you barely making ends meet is not a good thing.

4. She's not against money or its expenditure. She's against spending money on things one cannot afford, on things to indicate social status, and the mismanagement of money in general.

Last edited:
2. The money being spent on her education is an investment in her future, not a depreciable asset like a car.
3. She didn't say money was not important, she said spending money frivolously to make others think you have money even when you barely making ends meet is not a good thing.
4. She's not against money or its expenditure. She's against spending money on things one cannot afford, on things to indicate social status, and the mismanagement of money in general.

I should have said more.

I take issue when people of means try to counsel others on how to spend their money. It's patronizing and insulting. Someone gave her an iPhone, Mac Book, and a Kindle for school? Cool. She's being educated in the states? Cool. I didn't hear any mention of merit based/athletic scholarships. She was living the life until she came stateside and saw people above her level. No hate here that she comes from means, but it's easy to speak about how you don't "need" the finer things of life, when they've been given to you.

More power to her if she's genuinely trying to educate folks and get them see things differently. But if not, I liken this the guy coming out of the all-you-can-eat buffet telling the starving folks outside that the food wasn't really that good.

I should have said more.

I take issue when people of means try to counsel others on how to spend their money. It's patronizing and insulting. Someone gave her an iPhone, Mac Book, and a Kindle for school? Cool. She's being educated in the states? Cool. I didn't hear any mention of merit based/athletic scholarships. She was living the life until she came stateside and saw people above her level. No hate here that she comes from means, but it's easy to speak about how you don't "need" the finer things of life, when they've been given to you.

More power to her if she's genuinely trying to educate folks and get them see things differently. But if not, I liken this the guy coming out of the all-you-can-eat buffet telling the starving folks outside that the food wasn't really that good.
Nah bruh...watch her other videos. She lower middle class.

Plus theres the fact that in much of the Caribbean (where she is from included) running water and electricity are inconsistent.

Dont belive the hype about our region. A lot of us struggling. The reason some of us have nice things is exactly what she is talking about: spending money that you dont have.

Obviously I dont know her family at all but I would venture just based off my experience coming from a west indian background that they were willing to give her those nice things because they were meant to aid her education.

Similarly my grandma just gave my cousin a chunk of money to attend the law school in trinidad (our family is based in guyana tho). So large spending for education and related improvement endeavors is not what she's talking about.

Like, homemade soda?

I don't know if it's homemade or ordered. He has potential to make money tho. A lot of people hit him up, and try to order. But he just keeps posting memes instead of fulfilling orders. EVERYDAY. Its really quite sad too. He wants IG likes, more than money.
indifferent.gif
 Who the F orders SODA? You must be in the middle of BFE. 

But
Do you think that people know they're behaving in such ways or do uo think it flies over their heads? It's obvious to some, the aware ones, but to themselves??
I think it is subconscious to most folks man. Like if you stop someone and ask, "Why are you posting selfies of yourself in your car" they won't be able to give an honest answer.

But
Do you think that people know they're behaving in such ways or do uo think it flies over their heads? It's obvious to some, the aware ones, but to themselves??
I think it is subconscious to most folks man. Like if you stop someone and ask, "Why are you posting selfies of yourself in your car" they won't be able to give an honest answer.

People don't want to admit they doing corny things.
I mean I've done it once or twice but only when the toppy extra sloppy.

Lot of these dudes do it cause they dead *** want to, then they claim thug life too.

Last edited:
I mean to be honest, staying right here on NT. Dudes in the In Shape THread posting shirtless pics, I mean is nothing but a look at me, I have the better body, type of affair. That is just me though. I am sure some of you will find a way to use the, "If you are secure with your sexuality........." card so we don't even have to go there.

Again, not to "complain" but I look at some of these girls that just shake their rear ends on YouTube etc and just shake my head. I am like, it is SAD that THIS is your value/contribution to the world. But hey, someone has to play that role right? So I won't complain. It is just sad when you step back from the sexual gratification standpoint of it all man.

what's funny is that by "refusing" orders he is creating a small group of people who are actually able to order making the product seem "exclusive" utilizing the ol' supply in demand game 

like the concept of faking it till you make it or a restaurant stating it's booked for months out to seem very popular causing more people to try to eat there just as a status symbol 

Back
Top Bottom