Lloyd - Street Love The Album Appreciation Post

Had to bump this to say this album is a CLASSIC. I don't care if you disagree
laugh.gif

Good look on this post, Now I'ma have to revisit this album. Was fire when it dropped, smoked so many
pimp.gif
with breezies to this CD, but now I gottaanalyze if it's classic worthy or honorable mention.

Originally Posted by buggz31

Good look on this post, Now I'ma have to revisit this album. Was fire when it dropped, smoked so many
pimp.gif
with breezies to this CD, but now I gotta analyze if it's classic worthy or honorable mention.

word up my dude p -rate was increased greatly thanks to this cd

Originally Posted by kmstivers21

This CD and Mario's "Go" were my favorite R&B albums of the year

Yezzir.

It says I added the album on my itunes on March 15th. It also says I played every song atleast once in the past week
eek.gif

It just doesn't get old.

i remember walking into Target on my lunch break and picking this up just because i wanted something new to listen.

i never paid attention to Lloyd before and thought YOU was ehh.

but i bought it anyways.
album is amazing. it really surprised me. i played that album every day for like 2 months straight.

best r&b album of 07 hands down

Honestly, this album was pretty much killing any and everything that dropped last year. And it shocked the hell out of me because I didn't know Lloyd hadit in him. He made himself a new fan with that effort. EXCELLENT effort.

It's too bad he's on a ******ed label. Album had legs and it coulda sold some records but they dropped the ball.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Honestly, this album was pretty much killing any and everything that dropped last year. And it shocked the hell out of me because I didn't know Lloyd had it in him. He made himself a new fan with that effort. EXCELLENT effort.

It's too bad he's on a ******ed label. Album had legs and it coulda sold some records but they dropped the ball.

Word, I was telling the homie Young Easy that this album was poorly Mishandled. Lloyd easily had about 3 or 4 SMASH singles and a whole lot of potentialbangers.
smh.gif
@ murder inc

Incredible, One For Me, and Hazel are crazy. Great CD. Yuou guys really think it's better than Alicia's CD though? Don't know if I can give himthat.

^ word thats definitely a tough one. Alicia CD is damn near flawless, But Lloyd is amazing too, so I'm going to have to go with a tie.

I can name 3-4 albums from last year off top that was better than Alicia's latest screamfest of an album.

Alicia is a bad girl and she is incredibly talented, but that album was not as good IMO. Definitely the worst album she's dropped (and the critics andtheir reviews seem to agree with me). Songs in A Minor and and The Diary are both killin this newest effort. It's not that the album is bad, because ithas some bangers. It's just not crack. And what happened to shorty's voice? I love her, but that new voice of hers had me on cringe mode
grin.gif

^ I can't agree with that my dude. Personally I feel this is her best album. The album flows together real well for me where as I HUGE Fan of Diary of A.Keys but I couldn't let the whole thing play through, with AS I Am i'm a little older now and the subject matter seems more mature and speak volume tome. Her voice sounds wonderful to me to, but I guess thats why we all have our own opinions. I Honestly dont know a better R&B than Street Love and As IAm. Double up was weak sauce, Just like you was a banger but Keyshia had a few filler tracks, Tanks was decent, Ne-yo was enh and I didnt even hear mary orJaheims

^ I dunno homie, I completely agree with you about the maturity of the subject matter, which is what I loved about the CD. I just didn't get a CLASSICfeel from listening to this album. I think this was a more consistent listen than her other albums being that there are absolutely no fillers on this CD atall. It's just that when listening to it, no songs on this album just smacked me upside the head on some
eek.gif
%+!% lol. And there seems to be a major strain on her vocals these days, whereas back in the day, she was so silky smooth, yet strong wit hers. However, I kinda hold Alicia to a higher standard because she's so damn talented, andshe has yet to drop a classic album. That's what I'm waiting on from her... because she's more capable of doing so than almost everybody IMO.

The albums I felt was better from last year was....

Street Love - Lloyd
pimp.gif
... you already kno what it is.
The Real Thing Vol 3. - Jill Scott ...
eek.gif
from front to back.
Growing Pains - MJB ... this album is KILLING the Breakthrough. Ain't felt a Mary joint this much since Share My World in 97
laugh.gif

eek.gif
at not checking out the Mary album

don't let that wack aaa "Just Fine" mislead you

My joints from the album:

The Dream and Tricky Stewart brought it on "Roses" and "Come to Me(Peace)", the latter is some anthemictip

Ne-Yo and Stargate did "What Love Is" and my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavorite song on the album "FADE AWAY"which I think I might have to make an appreciation post for now

Sean Garrett and Neph-U on "Work That"

True I forgot all about Jill scott, I remember she was doing promo with tyler perry for the why did I get married movie. I'm definitely going to check outthat mary ASAP too.

Back
Top Bottom