|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Move him to the bench or try and package him to get another player.

Trade Nance and make Simmons and Randle work. Whether you split the 4 minutes down the line at 24 each. Give Ben 6 minutes at the 3 and Randle 6 minutes at the 5.

Because trading Randle is going to give you a **** return. As would trading Clarkson or Russell. When you get to that point, you're wasting significant assets and the type of stupid moves that keep teams permanently in the lottery.

Still would go Ingram # 1 though.

Last edited:
If trading Randle is going to give you a **** return, what the hell you going to get for Nance?

If trading Randle is going to give you a **** return, what the hell you going to get for Nance?

Not looking for a good return. Isn't even about return. It's necessity of shifting your focus. But I can live with a **** return for a 27th pick. Can't for a 7th pick.

Also your hand is forced to trade Nance at that point. Couldn't make playing time even if you wanted to.

Last edited:
Scouts are now leaning towards Ingram as the best prospect available due to the fact the Ben doesn't have that inner drive in himself....

Not looking for a good return. Isn't even about return. It's necessity of shifting your focus. But I can live with a **** return for a 27th pick. Can't for a 7th pick.

Also your hand is forced to trade Nance at that point. Couldn't make playing time even if you wanted to.

Or you could trade Randle who's the more talented guy but also someone what needs the ball when you're theoretically adding another young guy who also needs the ball to be effective in Simmons. Nance on the other hand can be that Rick Fox guy like CP has suggested before just a utility guy that doesn't have to have plays run to be effective. In his stint before the injury when he was in the starting lineup he was averaging close to a dbl-dbl as well. For someone that talks about fit all the time interesting that you take this stance.

Last edited:

Or you could trade Randle who's the more talented guy but also someone what needs the ball when you're theoretically adding another young guy who also needs the ball to be effective in Simmons. Nance on the other hand can be that Rick Fox git line CP has suggested before just a utility guy that doesn't have to have plays run to be effective. In his stint before the injury when he was in the starting lineup he was averaging close to a dbl-dbl as well. For someone that talks about fit all the time interesting that you take this stance.

I'm kinda leaning that same way, IF Ben is the guy, I think I move Randle because he has a larger contract early on, and Nance adds so many things off the bench that fit better than what Randle would add.

Now, Randle COULD change his game off the bench I suppose, and I wouldn't just give him away, but if we could get a decent return for him, a decent 22-23-24 year old young SF, or even a late 20's legit 7 foot Center, I would consider it.

But depends on how the pieces drop. Perfect world we just get Ingram and add #32 to the mix and sort it all out in FA with lots of cap. If it's Ben, then we're gonna have to dig in a lil deeper.

I'm kinda leaning that same way, IF Ben is the guy, I think I move Randle because he has a larger contract early on, and Nance adds so many things off the bench that fit better than what Randle would add.

Now, Randle COULD change his game off the bench I suppose, and I wouldn't just give him away, but if we could get a decent return for him, a decent 22-23-24 year old young SF, or even a late 20's legit 7 foot Center, I would consider it.

But depends on how the pieces drop. Perfect world we just get Ingram and add #32 to the mix and sort it all out in FA with lots of cap. If it's Ben, then we're gonna have to dig in a lil deeper.
Randle for Alex Len?

Randle for Alex Len?

That's not bad at all, but I doubt highly that the Suns would do it. I highly doubt it. But that's not a terrible thought on our end.

That's not bad at all, but I doubt highly that the Suns would do it. I highly doubt it. But that's not a terrible thought on our end.

Since they apparently want to go back to 3 scoring PGs again send them Clarkson and Randle for Booker and Len :lol:

That is true, but I don't see them giving up on young players to US, any time soon.

And if they give up on either of those two, they're even bigger morons than I thought.

Read that article on Monday, I'd expect more from Wojo's peeps, but every other reputable mock draft has Ben at #1. And he said scouts anyway as in team officials not journalists.

As for the fit comment. It's talent + fit.

Now if the 2 players are just or nearly as talented as the other, you go fit

If one player is by far the better player by a large margin, then you go talent.

It's why Russell over Okafor. And Ingram over Simmons.

But why Nance should never be considered over Randle. Especially when you factor in the asset used to obtain the player.

Now if you get the godfather offer for Randle fine. But I wouldn't bet on that. Almost all these rookie contract guys except for a select few are like cars in early years. Mass depreciation in return. It only starts to increase when they start to make a name. Or if they blow the doors off.

Last edited:
You don't think the gap between Simmons and the field is wide? I think it's a similar situation between like AD was from the rest of the field or even KAT last year. Now Is be fine with Ingram because he does slot in fine but no way am I taking him at #1 and if Mitch does he should be fired right after.

There's no godfather deal needed for Randle either, Hiatt a serviceable wing who can play defense and occasionally hit a 3.

Last edited:
Makes no sense to try and trade Nance.

There is absolutely no fair value for a guy like Nance, why lose him for some crappy DLeague talent?

Always bench space for an athletic, high motor rebounding forward off the bench who has shown consistent growth with shooting as well.

I don't care if we got Simmons Randle and Bosh, nance is always useful on a 12 man roster especially at such a low cost.

Can't imagine how much better he can still be once we get a competent coach who can help him with more development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom