|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so thrown off by him being a 4 year player?

He looks like a good basketball player, isn't that all that should matter?

He can get buckets. I wouldn't mind having him if we can't get Ingram or Simmons *shrug*

I'm just not sold on Clarkson being our starting shooting guard.

Inferior defender and I think even when he plays his absolute hardest and best - he still only reaches 6th man level. Which is not a terrible thing but I'd be cautious passing up on anyone (free agent or via draft) that's a SG.

Last edited:
you can't chalk it up to dude being "a 20 y.o. kid". I'm quite sure many of us wouldn't do this if we were 14 let alone a dude out of college with actual adult friends.

Flulius Randle out here sick :x

This is I think the first time I got the feeling that Kobe actually wants to and could actually play for another year or two. He had that deranged look in his eye that we all know and love. He's been working on that quick release flick shot all year and it was finally falling for him. I wouldn't rule out a comeback...

Nah. It's a wrap. I'm not surprised to see him still have some moments here and there but it's over. Watching him play 1 or 2 more years would be painful.

Originally Posted by tupac003

In honor of airmax day, broke out the laker air max uptempo's.
They're so beautiful, man. 
embarassed.gif

So since we can win at least 4 games without consequence...

I want us to beat Boston, Clippers twice & Kobe's last game.

Boston because **** Boston that's why, and to cost them home court in a 4/5 series

Clippers to potentially cost them HCA versus Grizz in a 4/5 series, but probably has no impact

If not both Clippers games because it's irrelevant, beat the Rockets, and have Kobe knock Dwight out of the playoffs

Last edited:
So since we can win at least 4 games without consequence...

I want us to beat Boston, Clippers twice & Kobe's last game.

Boston because **** Boston that's why, and to cost them home court in a 4/5 series

Clippers to potentially cost them HCA versus Grizz in a 4/5 series, but probably has no impact

If not both Clippers games because it's irrelevant, beat the Rockets, and have Kobe knock Dwight out of the playoffs
ALL of this

Good game by Russell & Kobe so far..

Clarkson doing poorly again.. This is the type of month that makes me feel he'll never grow into a starter. .392/.333. He has had 2 months where he looked great, and shooting great from 3, which will make him so much more dynamic. But 3 really really bad months from 3, and the field. Even if he was shooting 43% from the field, 33% from 3 is really unacceptable, and is a detriment when added to his lack of defense.

Last edited:
And the beat goes on as kellz dribbles it off his foot to be seranaded by a cascade of boos....im ready for the 13th already.

This misery cannot end any sooner.

Last edited:
Kinda interesting DLo gutting thru a bad ankle in a lost season. I like that.

Game in Utah tomorrow? :lol: That's gonna be a barn burner.

Looks like we're going to be locked in with the 2nd worst record. I don't think we are catching Philly and it seems like PHX is far behind us.

We could very well be a bottom 3 team next season without significant upgrades/changes to the roster.

Coach is at the top of that list.

Thibs.. Please hire Thibs.

I like what I see a decent amount from Russell when he is on ball... He's incredible long, and gets his hands in there to disrupt the dribbler, and get in passing lanes a lot.

Randle is fine against traditional PFs. He can hold his own. Can hold his own if his guy is trying to get position/ get closer with the ball. And even if he's not a great defender... He isn't. The ability to get rebounds, and limit 2nd Chance attempts, and ultimately points, is important on defense.

But Russell, Randle & Clarkson are clueless when it comes to how to defend P&R, how to switch, how to play your man off ball, not getting caught napping on the weakside... All things a decent coach fixes. I've seen no improvement on it at all this season. And it's not like you're asking them to be Gary Payton. There's a ceiling to how good you can be on defense. What I'm looking for is easy fixes that improve you slightly, that comes from coaching. Keep running P&R with them on defense in practice, keep showing them video when it goes wrong.

Lakers are giving up 109.4 Points Per 100 Possessions.. Even if Thibs came in, and improves it 3 points / 100poss. That would only get us to 25th. But it does end up leading to picking up a few extra wins.

Player Talent is a really close 2nd Obviously...

Last edited:
Good game by Russell & Kobe so far..

Clarkson doing poorly again.. This is the type of month that makes me feel he'll never grow into a starter. .392/.333. He has had 2 months where he looked great, and shooting great from 3, which will make him so much more dynamic. But 3 really really bad months from 3, and the field. Even if he was shooting 43% from the field, 33% from 3 is really unacceptable, and is a detriment when added to his lack of defense.

Hate to blame injuries but his first slump came after he tweaked his ankle and now this one after tweaking his knee. In a non contract year he probably takes some more time off. It is what it is. Still he needs to get stronger to be able to play thru these types of things and still be effective. When healthy he's been lighting it up. Just seems like more than coincidence for him to have such a drop off immediately following these injuries.

I'm just so done with this season...

Can we just fast forward to a couple weeks before the draft lottery?

I don't even want to tune in to see D'lo anymore :smh:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Julius Randle's FG% by month:
December: 39.3%;
January: 40.7%;
February: 46.7%
March: 49.7%.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

I'm just so done with this season...

Can we just fast forward to a couple weeks before the draft lottery?

I don't even want to tune in to see D'lo anymore
mean.gif
If we're going to fast forward, can we just skip right on to 2018 and see where we're at? 
laugh.gif
 Because next season isn't looking too promising at all.

Aaaaccttuuuaaallly, if time travel is a thing, how about we go back to 2011 and make sure 'basketball reasons' go in our favor? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom