|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing people's versions of an event are not facts. All we know is what people who have a lot at stake in terms of reputation are portraying to the public, anyone could be making up ****

Phil saying " I think" and "kind of" in his quote makes it shaky too

Okay Jeanie's a liar Phils a liar.. Dude I just spelled it out for you with an article to back up who was calling the shots and it wasn't Daddy.. It's tired now,you do you..like I said keep your buddy Jim and watch the franchise continue to spiral..I would like for free agents to not look at our front office and laugh..I'm #cleanhousesquad

Phil said it was Dr. Buss who hired D'Antoni....

He didn't say Jim. He said Dr. Buss

What is wrong with you?

Q: Did you ever get complete clarity on whose decision it was to back out of what seemed like an agreement (when the Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni in Nov. 2012 after it appeared Jackson was returning)?

A: You know, it was something that has bounced from spot to spot. When I left (the interview), Jimmy was pretty happy about it and Mitch was still saying, "We're going to keep interviewing people," and I think the ultimate (decision) kind of rested with Dr. Buss and he made the decision in the hospital the day after. I haven't chosen to bite on that. I've just let that go. I'm real comfortable with it. I don't have any trouble. I think Jesus could probably coach this team pretty well, but outside of him maybe Mohammed, maybe Gandhi, someone like that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rning-los-angeles-lakers-jeanie-buss/5945745/

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like Kobe is much of a mentor to his younger teammates. Cats like KG seem like good og mentors.

Also let's make one last thing clear.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-says-boss-los-angeles-lakers-empower-others

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers president and governor Jeanie Buss made it clear Thursday that the final say, the "final hammer" as Dr. Jerry Buss used to call it, lies with her now.

"I'm the boss," Jeanie Buss said in an hourlong interview on the "Mason and Ireland" show on ESPNLA 710 radio Thursday. "I am responsible ultimately for anything with the team and decisions that are made.

"In my position, I empower people that are in positions to do their jobs. [Executive vice president of player personnel] Jim Buss and [general manager] Mitch Kupchak are responsible for all basketball decisions. They are empowered to do that. My job is to make sure, as a boss, that I provide them the tools to do the job successfully. But it's up to them to make the day-to-day decisions on how they operate their area of the business."

So yes, Jim & Mitch now control the day-to-day basketball decisions because she gave them that power.. But she has final say.

And if she has final say, and Phil Jackson was who she wanted.... She should have vetoed the decision and Phil Jackson would have been our coach.. Now here's an opinion, something tells me if it was Jim who made the decision, she would have vetoed faster than David Stern

And since that's not the case, she can save her betrayal stories, and her sobbing at the team gym to herself.

Instead when we fire Mitch & Jim.... We can have Phil as our President of Basketball trying to install the triangle with D'Angelo Russell.. Can you feel the excitement?

Last edited:
Carried into two pages.. Its tired..Turning the page, it just highlights the dysfunction who is who and who does what and how badly this team needs a true out front leader..ie how Dr Buss turned us around with Magic and Pat Riley in the 80s..We need a leader...So free agents say..Let's go to the Lakers!I'm not caping Phil at all..We are like a ship without a captain nobody is in charge because everyone has feels..Bottom line the current way of doing business is not working and hasn't for 3+years, time for a new business model..

Last edited:
Carried into two pages.. Its tired..Turning the page, it just highlights the dysfunction who is who and who does what and how badly this team needs a true out front leader..ie how Dr Buss turned us around with Magic and Pat Riley in the 80s..We need a leader...So free agents say..Let's go to the Lakers!

We can agree on the dysfunction... We'd probably disagree on where it comes from... So I'll throw that to the side.

I'm not sure it's a leader we really need, or if it matters... For most places, the players couldn't even name people in the front office of FA destinations, until someone told them "Hey you're interviewing with so and so, owner of the Jazz tomorrow." (I just watched an Undercover Boss with the Jazz owner).

People really could care less about your FO 9 times out of 10. So long as they don't make a spectacle out of themselves (unfortunately ours does, except Mitch who is always stone cold). They only give a damn about the on-court.

It's when the FO keeps talking is when it becomes a problem. So things like a deadline, just hush up about it. Stop talking about it. Because every time you say.... By 2017, if this doesn't happen..... Out they go... You just created in the public, the image of instability. So you have to worry even more about what's on the court because it seems like a damn pissing contest in the front office.

It's not about the "Laker way," "look at those past championships." No one cares about that. Past accomplishments mean nothing to the present day. Especially when it's over 5 years.

As a FO, you shut up, keep a united front, and do your business. Worry about basketball.

Last edited:
We can agree on the dysfunction... We'd probably disagree on where it comes from... So I'll throw that to the side.

I'm not sure it's a leader we really need, or if it matters... For most places, the players couldn't even name people in the front office of FA destinations, until someone told them "Hey you're interviewing with so and so, owner of the Jazz tomorrow." (I just watched an Undercover Boss with the Jazz owner).

People really could care less about your FO 9 times out of 10. So long as they don't make a spectacle out of themselves (unfortunately ours does, except Mitch who is always stone cold). They only give a damn about the on-court.

It's when the FO keeps talking is when it becomes a problem. So things like a deadline, just hush up about it. Stop talking about it. Because every time you say.... By 2017, if this doesn't happen..... Out they go... You just created in the public, the image of instability. So you have to worry even more about what's on the court because it seems like a damn pissing contest in the front office.

It's not about the "Laker way," "look at those past championships." No one cares about that. Past accomplishments mean nothing to the present day. Especially when it's over 5 years.

As a FO, you shut up, keep a united front, and do your business. Worry about basketball.

On this I agree with you 100%..

Nope #cleanhousesquad.. just kidding wish he would quit throwing BScott softballs but I get it..

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] "At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table. The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to guard Lou Williams, who got up and walked away." http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

Do they not teach these youngster's,Snitches get Stitches anymore?

Sources: Lakers teammates 'isolating' D'Angelo Russell after video surfaces

The Los Angeles Lakers, sputtering to the end of Kobe Bryant's farewell season with the worst record in franchise history, face a fresh crisis involving prized rookie point guard D'Angelo Russell, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that some teammates' trust in Russell is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows Russell recording a private conversation between himself and teammate Nick Young. Young does not appear to realize he is being taped.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

While it's unclear how the video became public, sources say the resulting tension in the Lakers' locker room in recent days was among the factors that contributed to L.A.'s limp showing in Salt Lake City on Monday night, when they absorbed a 48-point pounding from the Utah Jazz. The loss was the Lakers' worst in franchise history.

Various Lakers officials are aware of the issue and are dismayed with Russell, sources say, but to this point they have chosen not to intervene.

"Right now," one source said, "they're handling it by isolating him."

Austin Brown, Russell's agent from Creative Artists Agency, declined to comment when reached Tuesday.

Said one team insider: "This was a prank gone wrong and a mistake by [Russell], and he has to be held accountable, but I would hope he isn't overly criticized for it."

The emergence of the video, sources said, has been the talk of the locker room for the past several days and has led to a tangible strain between Russell and some teammates.

At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table. The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to guard Lou Williams, who got up and walked away.

"It's bad," one team source told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne. "It's about as bad as it can get. There were trust issues already. Now there's no trust."

In the video, Russell asks Young at one point, "You was 30 and she was 19?" referencing Young's age and the age of another woman that Young said that he met in a nightclub.

"What about Amber Rose?" Russell later says, mentioning another celebrity.

"No, she knows my girl," Young is recorded as saying.

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.

The Lakers have long considered Russell to be a key part of their future after using the No. 2 overall pick to select him a year ago and raved about his "superstar" potential on the night they drafted him. Even Lakers coach Byron Scott, whose handling of Russell this year has been scrutinized, came into the season speaking of him in the same breath as Lakers legend Magic Johnson when describing Russell's court vision.

Russell started the Lakers' first 20 games before being moved to the bench along with second-year forward Julius Randle. And Scott, on countless occasions this season, has publicly questioned Russell's maturity.

"He's such a kid," Scott said in February. "I told him the other day, 'You're 19, but sometimes I think you're 14.'"

Russell is averaging 13.1 points, 3.4 assists and 3.4 rebounds over 27.5 minutes in 72 games this season.

Young hasn't played in 10 games and didn't travel with the team to Salt Lake City because of gastroenteritis, according to the team.

Source:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

Wow the dysfunction of the franchise from top to bottom right now. From no leadership & infighting between the owners Jim & Jeanie Buss. A horrible coach who does not know how to manage and mentor young talent.

Now this.

Geez. How do we expect any good coach in they're right mind want to step into this current situation.

Good luck this summer on attracting any big name free agent to sign with the Lakers :lol:

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] "At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table. The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to guard Lou Williams, who got up and walked away." http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

Do they not teach these youngster's,Snitches get Stitches anymore?

Nah, all they know is "likes is life"

Funniest part is this D'Angelo Russell filming nonsense is what will purge the roster of Nick Young.

Also so the video didn't come from his snap chat? Been trying to get that answered for days

Last edited:
You know KB24 is counting the days..What happened to the purple and gold...We suck,front office is shambles,coach is trash and we have snitches recording teammates..And we used to clown the Clippers..Wow

Last edited:
Just one gripe about this.....

If you see a problem in the locker room HEAD COACH... You hold a meeting and you air out the dirty laundry. And be done with it.

Imbecile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom