|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the Lakers and Luke have a an "understanding" already...keeping Byron just makes no sense

watch Houston fire Morey and give JVG full control
NY get Blatt
SAC get Luke

And we're stuck with BS for another year until we re-hire Phil......smdh

at this point, I'd be ok with Nate McMillan or Monty Williams or Kevin Ollie

Last edited:
That would be best case scenario at this point. But I could see them just not wanting to do Byron dirty or some of them (Jeanie) not in a rush because they know Phil is on the horizon.

There's only one way Luke leaves GS to be a head coach...and that's if they don't get the title this year.
I think if GS gets its 2nd title then he stays to see if they can 3peat. But if they lose in the Finals then I think he leaves

giphy.gif

Yep, if you believe John Ireland his spine is leaking fluid and he needs more offseason surgery and has been in extreme pain all season

Thibs, Scotty

*whiff*

*whiff*

It's comical at this point, only because depression is debilitating so I choose something different.

Yep, if you believe John Ireland his spine is leaking fluid and he needs more offseason surgery and has been in extreme pain all season

:x

i think Luke would be a pretty good choice, but he's def not coming if that's accurate.

Last edited:
That would be best case scenario at this point. But I could see them just not wanting to do Byron dirty or some of them (Jeanie) not in a rush because they know Phil is on the horizon.

Does Jeanie actually have any say in the matter? This is a basketball decision, no?

Does Jeanie actually have any say in the matter? This is a basketball decision, no?
Yes and no.

She has the final say in matters, but she's supposed to let Mitch and Jim make the basketball decisions.

Positive.

If she wanted to, she could go over Mitch and Jim right now. But she's giving them until 2017 to "contend".

Dr. Jerry Buss drew up a plan before his death. His daughter Jeanie would run his team, the Los Angeles Lakers, acting as president, overseeing business operations, and representing the Lakers on the NBA’s Board of Governors. Her older brother Jim would control basketball operations. The plan was flawed from the start. First and foremost: Who would really be in charge?

Following their father’s death in February 2013, both Jeanie and Jim Buss confirmed in interviews that Jeanie would indeed be the boss. “We specifically brought that up so that people would know,” she tells me. “When it comes down to it, it’s important to our shareholders, our fans, our partners, that they know that ultimately I will take responsibility and authority, for every decision made by this organization, and that I am held accountable for it.”

Jeanie Buss is the boss. She’s also not. She is the decision-maker, the final hammer, the decider within the organization. Even when it comes to basketball operations, she has veto power over her brother Jim and general manager Mitch Kupchak. She is their superior. But she does not, and says she will not, execute that veto power. She has empowered them to do what it takes to win. This is something she’s said over and over again. Buss is and is not the boss because she still answers to someone: her father. Even now, more than two years after his death, with the Lakers in the midst of a historically unprecedented season of struggle, Jerry Buss still dictates policy. It was his decree that Jeanie would run the business side with Jim handling basketball. And Jeanie — loving, adoring daughter that she is — will not defy her father. Not yet, anyway.

http://grantland.com/features/jeanie-buss-lakers/

Good read if you didn't catch/don't remember the article.

Even when it comes to basketball operations, she has veto power over her brother Jim and general manager Mitch Kupchak. She is their superior. But she does not, and says she will not, execute that veto power.
Wow. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom