|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would do from this point...

1. Hire someone from the list we know…

This is my order
1. Luke
2. Messina
3. Ollie
4. Mark Jackson
5. Jay Wright
6. Blatt
7. JVG

4-5-6 is all a coin flip.

2. Figure out where we pick in the draft.
#1 – Ingram / Simmons
#2 – Ingram / Simmons
#3 – Trade the pick

List of rookie contracts to look at:
Nerlens Noel
Rodney Hood
Willie Cauley-Stein

For one of the 3 rookie contracts, I’d go # 3, #32, and 2017 – 2nd Rounder. If they don’t want to pay him, may actually be intriguing for the 76ers with Noel, he’s a RFA in 2017.

These are guys who are at least reasonably possible. Don't think they get moved though. But some names that at least could be had. Don’t see someone like Devin Booker being available, unless you sell the entire farm for him.

List of name players to look at:
DeMarcus Cousins
Jimmy Butler

Do not offer up Russell, Randle or Clarkson. Can’t offer Clarkson anyway because he’d have to agree to the trade as a RFA, and doubt he agrees to play for bad teams in SAC or CHI. Russell’s asking price is high, as it should be. I wouldn’t trade Randle, especially in conjunction with the pick.

For Cousins or Butler - # 3, #32, 2017 – 2nd & Lou Williams. Larry Nance Jr. could be available if adding him helps to get it done. Maybe look to move Lou to a 3rd team for another 1st Rounder on draft night or after draft for a future 1st to SAC or CHI.

That for Cousins or Butler would offset 80% of their contract for 2016, so it doesn’t hamper having 2 max cap spaces, and a decent chunk for a bench player.

I’ll assume we can’t trade the pick for something worthy of trading without making a dumb panic move. So it’s between Dragen Bender & Jaylen Brown. If Bender can become a 5, then he should be pick at 3. If there is worry that he can’t transition to the 5, then pick Brown, and work on his shooting. Defense is at least there already for him. Either way both have a lot of development to make.

At # 32, go with the ready guy Gary Payton II. If you go long term and draft Thon Maker by the time he is ready, we will be a year away from having to pay him real money.

Worst case scenario, we lose the pick. Then it’s absolutely imperative that we get the moving in Free Agency. Don’t have the ability to sit around again. No kicking the can, no hold over moves. Make actual signings that bring wins.

3. Extend QO to Jordan Clarkson, Marcelo Huertas, Tarik Black
Rescind QO to Ryan Kelly
Say Goodbye to Brandon Bass (he will decline his Player Option), Roy Hibbert, MWP & Sacre

4. Stretch Nick Young’s contract $2.2mil for next 5 seasons. His first year here under MDA was really good. His second year was bad, but he at least shot well from 3, but was really bad from 2P. This past year was atrocious. Byron’s offense was not a match for him. Routinely put him in the dog house, and was erratic with play time. Irrelevant though, he gave him no reason to play him. One merry-go-round between the two.

Normally I would give him a chance to succeed without Byron because it was night and day in how he played for the 2 different coaches. And if he stinks it up for the next coach, then cut him after the season. BUT he’s a bigger headache than any possible contribution. It’s one thing to be a fun loving guy, I actually admire that in an athlete… But when it begins to be all you care about, it’s not endearing anymore, it’s infuriating. See Dwight. He also became a bad influence on young players. Just make the break happen now.

5. In a best case scenario where we get the # 1 pick. We would go into free agency with 10 players, and between $61-62.4mil in cap space

Russell / Payton II / Huertas
Clarkson / Lou Williams
Ingram / ??? / A. Brown
Randle / Nance Jr.
??? / ??? / Black

6. Free Agency
1. KD
2. Whiteside
3. Horford
4. DeRozan
5. Batum
6. Bazemore
7. Mike Conley
8. Parsons
9. Deng
10. Joakim Noah

Last edited:
Gonna be very interesting these next few months with the new coaching search, draft lottery, draft and free agency.

Why are so many people high on Luke?

I like Luke and all and i understand he led the Warriors but that's a great team with talent. I would have to see more.

Not sure who is number 1 on my list.

Want to get away from the "Laker way" bring in more "Laker way". I have a feeling Luke is going to be a disaster without talent.

Why are so many people high on Luke?

I like Luke and all and i understand he led the Warriors but that's a great team with talent. I would have to see more.

Not sure who is number 1 on my list.
WHITE MALE

FAMOUS LAST NAME 
give him some credit

he was an assistant on the memphis university staff (iirc), so hes put some work in 

its not like he just joined the staff of a former coach or former teammate. 

Phil jackson has spoken highly of him for having a great basketball IQ.  

geez..."give him some ******* credit"

word to phil

y'all act like giving the reigns to a promising, unproven young coach is so unprecedented in the league

whether its here or somewhere else, someone gonna let have the keys

****, earl watson got a ******* deal...what he done? 

Last edited:
For those interested:
PRE-FREE AGENCY/B]

Fire Byron Scott - He underperformed and embarrassed the Lakers every time he opened his mouth with his ignorance and stubbornness. Like some of you, I think he'll be returning. But this is my plan damn it, so he’s out of here. Good riddance.

Hire Luke Walton - I have no idea if Walton is a good head coach or not based on the 43 games for the Warriors, but someone had to manage rotations and call plays. Let the franchise get a head start for when Phil Jackson returns in 2017 and hire the prodigal son. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully draft Brandon Ingram - I think Ben Simmons is the best talent, but he isn't the best fit. I would opt for Ingram at 1-2 and groom him to be the future SF for the team. He can score from all over, and fits with the youngsters. At #3, I'm not sure.

Trade Lou Williams and #32 to the Sixers for #24 - This may be an overpay to move up just six slots, but Lou doesn’t fit. Lou has history in Philly and they probably want to start winning games next season after subjecting themselves to The Process.

Draft Stephen Zimmerman - Zimmerman is a worthwhile gamble this late in the first round. 7’0 with some mobility and shooting that played for a bad college coach. But if the Lakers keep #32, I trust them to make a good pick because of their history.

Stretch Nick Young - I wanted this to work for the lulz, but due to poor play and the D'Angelo Russell situation I think it's time to end the relationship with Swaggy. Thus my plan calls to stretch the remaining $11.1M left on his contract over the next five seasons.

Operating under a $92M salary cap; With the expiration of Kobe Bryant, Roy Hibbert, Ryan Kelly, Rob Sacre, Brandon Bass declining his player option, trading away Williams, stretching Young and minimum cap holds, the Lakers would have a little over $70M in cap space to spend this summer.

View media item 2007426
FREE AGENCY

The team will swing for the fences, and make presentations to Kevin Durant and Al Horford, but they’ll more than likely look elsewhere. I am not fond of investing big money to DeMar DeRozan, whether he is the first option or the third. I could see Puke trying to bring Harrison Barnes to LA, but restricted free agency is tricky. Therefore:

Sign Hassan Whiteside to four years-$92M - Definitely a roll of the dice, but Whiteside's talent is too much to ignore. He would give the team a rim protector on defense, and finisher on offense. The LaMarcus Aldridge presentation may actually work on this knucklehead.

Sign Kent Bazemore to four years-$72M - After the Lakers didn't give him a qualifying offer in 2014, Bazemore is a free agent again. He's the ideal player to slot next to D'Angelo Russell and shift Jordan Clarkson to the bench. But if the Lakers lose their pick, he can start at SF.

Sign Mo Speights to two years-$25M - Coach Walton brings Speights with him to the Lakers from the Warriors. His bread and butter is the pick and pop, which should help mesh well with Clarkson on the second unit and alleviate Nance’s lack of scoring/shooting.

Sign Tayshaun Prince to one year-$3M - #VeteranLeadership #LockerRoomGuy #CalmingInfluence #Experience #Champion #Caretaker #Babysitter #KeepGettingDemChecks

Re-sign Jordan Clarkson to four years-$58M - I hope Clarkson is patient enough and another team is dumb enough to offer Clarkson his max. Then the Lakers can sign their targets (in this case Whiteside and Bazemore), then match any deal for Clarkson.

Re-sign Tarik Black to qualifying offer - I’m not sure what Black’s market value is this summer, so I took a shot in the dark with this contract. He has his deficiencies, but I still think he can be a reliable backup center for the team in time.

Re-sign Marcelo Huertas to qualifying offer - As the third PG on the team after Russell and Clarkson, I think Huertas is fine. He displayed good court vision and hilariously effective YMCA floaters, that make me think he should be brought back next season.

View media item 2007428

give him some credit

he was an assistant on the memphis university staff (iirc), so hes put some work in 

its not like he just joined the staff of a former coach or former teammate. 

Phil jackson has spoken highly of him for having a great basketball IQ.  

geez..."give him some ******* credit"

word to phil

y'all act like giving the reigns to a promising, unproven young coach is so unprecedented in the league

whether its here or somewhere else, someone gonna let have the keys

****, earl watson got a ******* deal...what he done? 
I hear ya G I hear ya.....

Puke was a special assistant at Memphis during the lockout, coached in the D-Fenders in 13-14 and been a Warriors assistant the past two seasons.

When Luke was a analyst on TWC few years back I didn't hear all this great IQ Basketball IQ people speak of.....

I mean I understand why they'll do it, Phil is all but guaranteed to be back here next summer after they fail to deliver on their "contend" mantra. So out of all his prodigies I guess he's the best one *shrugs*

i knew byron scott was toast when he said he took Russell out of the game at the end because Russell was trying to take over :lol:

For those interested:
PRE-FREE AGENCY/B]

Fire Byron Scott - He underperformed and embarrassed the Lakers every time he opened his mouth with his ignorance and stubbornness. Like some of you, I think he'll be returning. But this is my plan damn it, so he’s out of here. Good riddance.

Hire Luke Walton - I have no idea if Walton is a good head coach or not based on the 43 games for the Warriors, but someone had to manage rotations and call plays. Let the franchise get a head start for when Phil Jackson returns in 2017 and hire the prodigal son. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully draft Brandon Ingram - I think Ben Simmons is the best talent, but he isn't the best fit. I would opt for Ingram at 1-2 and groom him to be the future SF for the team. He can score from all over, and fits with the youngsters. At #3, I'm not sure.

Trade Lou Williams and #32 to the Sixers for #24 - This may be an overpay to move up just six slots, but Lou doesn’t fit. Lou has history in Philly and they probably want to start winning games next season after subjecting themselves to The Process.

Draft Stephen Zimmerman - Zimmerman is a worthwhile gamble this late in the first round. 7’0 with some mobility and shooting that played for a bad college coach. But if the Lakers keep #32, I trust them to make a good pick because of their history.

Stretch Nick Young - I wanted this to work for the lulz, but due to poor play and the D'Angelo Russell situation I think it's time to end the relationship with Swaggy. Thus my plan calls to stretch the remaining $11.1M left on his contract over the next five seasons.

Operating under a $92M salary cap; With the expiration of Kobe Bryant, Roy Hibbert, Ryan Kelly, Rob Sacre, Brandon Bass declining his player option, trading away Williams, stretching Young and minimum cap holds, the Lakers would have a little over $70M in cap space to spend this summer.

View media item 2007426
FREE AGENCY

The team will swing for the fences, and make presentations to Kevin Durant and Al Horford, but they’ll more than likely look elsewhere. I am not fond of investing big money to DeMar DeRozan, whether he is the first option or the third. I could see Puke trying to bring Harrison Barnes to LA, but restricted free agency is tricky. Therefore:

Sign Hassan Whiteside to four years-$92M - Definitely a roll of the dice, but Whiteside's talent is too much to ignore. He would give the team a rim protector on defense, and finisher on offense. The LaMarcus Aldridge presentation may actually work on this knucklehead.

Sign Kent Bazemore to four years-$72M - After the Lakers didn't give him a qualifying offer in 2014, Bazemore is a free agent again. He's the ideal player to slot next to D'Angelo Russell and shift Jordan Clarkson to the bench. But if the Lakers lose their pick, he can start at SF.

Sign Mo Speights to two years-$25M - Coach Walton brings Speights with him to the Lakers from the Warriors. His bread and butter is the pick and pop, which should help mesh well with Clarkson on the second unit and alleviate Nance’s lack of scoring/shooting.

Sign Tayshaun Prince to one year-$3M - #VeteranLeadership #LockerRoomGuy #CalmingInfluence #Experience #Champion #Caretaker #Babysitter #KeepGettingDemChecks

Re-sign Jordan Clarkson to four years-$58M - I hope Clarkson is patient enough and another team is dumb enough to offer Clarkson his max. Then the Lakers can sign their targets (in this case Whiteside and Bazemore), then match any deal for Clarkson.

Re-sign Tarik Black to qualifying offer - I’m not sure what Black’s market value is this summer, so I took a shot in the dark with this contract. He has his deficiencies, but I still think he can be a reliable backup center for the team in time.

Re-sign Marcelo Huertas to qualifying offer - As the third PG on the team after Russell and Clarkson, I think Huertas is fine. He displayed good court vision and hilariously effective YMCA floaters, that make me think he should be brought back next season.

View media item 2007428

My man :pimp: agree with everything except if we get number 1 who to take and iffy on Luke.

Do it Mitch.

04132016%20Coach%20K%20and%20Kobe.vadapt.664.high.29.png

I always thought the "high basketball IQ" was a running joke, I mean he was called Puke for a reason.

It's really disturbing he was probably the third or fourth best player on the team that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom