|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny part is DLo looked better tonight than he did in first 3. And he wasn't outplayed by Mudiay either. But because Byron wouldn't play him at all in the 4th it doesn't look that way at all.

Smdh

Sad that we'll remember kobes last year like this - throwin up air balls on the regular, missing the rim, shooting 30% is a good game, getting destroyed on D, and getting his cookies taken by centers

A trend that is very very VERY familiar is everyone complaining about Russell's pt. I remember a LOT of complaints about jc not getting any burn early on last year. He's not ready yet..just be patient

I'm about to start a Twitter just to talk **** to Byron ....I wonder if people do that already?

Last edited:
A trend that is very very VERY familiar is everyone complaining about Russell's pt. I remember a LOT of complaints about jc not getting any burn early on last year. He's not ready yet..just be patient
Jordan was actually doing things effectively when he was out there though.

Yes D'Lo ain't ready, but we gonna suck regardless why not let him learn and make his mistakes to speed up the process.

What's it gonna take to pry Luke Walton away from the Warriors' bench?

Doesn't necessarily work that way. Like taking an advanced calculus course and starting off at chapter 10 just to "speed up the process". Sometimes letting a guy make mistakes can create the habit of making mistakes. Patience..

Last edited:
D'Angelo needs to play as much as possible. There is nothing for him on the bench. He can't learn NBA speed from the bench, he can't manage an offensive set from the bench, he can't work through in game situation on the bench, he can't do anything on the bench. There is zero reason for D'Angelo to be sitting the way he is.

:lol:

It's like telling a boxer to just go out there and get his *** beat. Yea he's gonna take some punches but you don't want him to be a bloody mess. There's nuances to development. He's slowly starting to become more aggressive commanding the offense and telling guys where to be. He still looks like he's afraid to make mistakes but the ice is starting to melt. He hasn't popped his cherry yet like when randle did dallas. Just give him some time

Last edited:
D'Angelo looks more and more poised as he gets more time on the court. It feels like he'll find a strong rhythm for a minute or two then get taken out.

Maybe he's not "ready" in that he's not a proven starter yet, but he's in a position where he can benefit from being on the floor. It's not just throwing him into the fire to figure it all out... He's showing some signs so he should be given more reign to test it all out and learn.

Though if we're concerned about bad habits forming, maybe we should hope the Lakers send him home till Byrons fired :lol:

Last edited:
It really comes down to the fact that he's just not gonna get a lot of court time til January or so and you guys are just gonna have to hold your horses anyway

Keep in mind we're trying to cultivate 3 guys at once. Less time for russ is actually a benefit for randle and Clarkson until all of them are up to speed and can play together without getting in each other's way

Last edited:
It really comes down to the fact that he's just not gonna get a lot of court time til January or so and you guys are just gonna have to hold your horses anyway

Keep in mind we're trying to cultivate 3 guys at once. Less time for russ is actually a benefit for randle and Clarkson until all of them are up to speed and can play together without getting in each other's way

I'm almost positive Clarkson only got time last year because of necessity. The team was extremely injured. But I do agree with you that there are different ways to develop a player. You don't necessarily have to throw them out there and give them all the minutes they can handle.

With that said, in my opinion, he should be put there in the fourth when the game is close. Especially on a lottery team such as this.

laugh.gif

It's like telling a boxer to just go out there and get his *** beat. Yea he's gonna take some punches but you don't want him to be a bloody mess. There's nuances to development. He's slowly starting to become more aggressive commanding the offense and telling guys where to be. He still looks like he's afraid to make mistakes but the ice is starting to melt. He hasn't popped his cherry yet like when randle did dallas. Just give him some time
if he cant handle some early career failure he doesnt have what it takes to be great anyways

you have to play the game to get experience 

Read that Mitch flat out forced Byron to start playin Clarkson last year.

We could see that again down the line.

Either way, DLo getting more PT now than JC was last year, so there's still time for him to make the leap Clarkson did.

Only prob there, say we do somethin stupid like 2-21 start, etc. I mean, we'd have pole position on a much, much, much needed extra asset, my fear would be the young guys start to develop a lil too nice, and cost that.

I don't want anyone hurt, I don't want anyone stunted, but I don't want to claw ourselves to the 3rd worst record in the league and a much bigger chance to throw away a top piece. :frown:

Rather we started 4-0, park the tank and enjoy the progression. 16-20 on the road, 0-4 already.....man.

Good to see Black get some PT. Want to see Brown and Nance start to get some.

I'm still trying to figure out what made Russell this tremendous high upside prospect.
L7IP8tS.gif
fancy bounce pass against a terrible Iowa team with a defender that's clueless, impressive indeed.

:rofl:

Man this thread is filled with people who don't know and/or havent played basketball. I use it as comedic relief nowadays. Please don't change guys, I need this with how bad the teams I follow with the exception of one.

Hopefully next time he will force a pass to a defender waiting on it and get it stolen :pimp:

Last edited:
No way russell finds himself unless we trade lou or nick or kobe goes down. Front office some idiots.

Too many ball dominant players on this team

Team is going to be even more putrid because Lou and Swaggy have been good so far. :lol:

Russell had the ball in his hands plenty of times without being affected by Lou Williams and Swaggy. They're not the problem, his lack of aggression is.

Russell had the ball in his hands plenty of times without being affected by Lou Williams and Swaggy. They're not the problem, his lack of aggression is.
You're right, he can stand to be more aggressive. But he basically played 20 minutes, which were all next to Kobe, Jordan and Julius. Fourth in touches (44), first in assists (6) is a good moving forward.

BS is brilliant in that he's fooled 4 teams into thinking he really knows how to coach

He is worse than Brown and Dantoni, horrible rotations, has preached defense for 2 seasons yet can't teach it

This is beyond frustrating

And Dlo FOR ONCE needs to take that screen and attack, he has yet to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom