Lock Thread

Big heads up to raider fans , nike outlets have all raider jerseys on sale including the $150 elite jersey for $45 . I copped 2 mcfaddens today. (On the left)

One authentic and one of the $100 cheap ones came out to $70 with taxes (with my F&F)

Big heads up to raider fans , nike outlets have all raider jerseys on sale including the $150 elite jersey for $45 . I copped 2 mcfaddens today. (On the left)

One authentic and one of the $100 cheap ones came out to $70 with taxes (with my F&F)
Which outlet did you go to?

^ I went to the citadel (CA) there weren't that many of the $135 (I can't remember the stupid names) left. I bought a L to try to exchange it at the grove or niketown for a XL . Going to hit Orange tomorrow and ill post on here what they have.

I def need to grab me one of those authentics. I have no current player jerseys, hopefully they got some at the Vacaville outlet ( :x ) since that's closest to me. Did they have anyone other than DMC? I wouldn't mind one of those but I really want a Jano one.

The Raiders’ Terrelle Pryor completed some pretty deep passes over receivers’ shoulders during Saturday’s training camp practice and then showed Sunday that he also made progress throwing short- and medium-range passes.

Pryor has worked hard on his footwork and throwing mechanics, and he has looked considerably better this week than he did at offseason workouts.

“I think it has gotten better,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said. “I think he’s continued to get better, he’s worked extremely hard at it, and anytime you get a talented player that works extremely hard, he’s going to get better.

“The guy’s a competitor. He’s trying to do everything he can to help this team.”

But before Pryor’s many fans have a Tweet-up and raise a glass or get a tattoo, let us add that the backup quarterback is still a backup quarterback and will likely be one at the end of training camp. Pryor may have the better arm and be more athletic, but the starting quarterback’s job is Matt Flynn’s to lose, and we mean really, really lose it.

The Raiders traded for him to take Carson Palmer’s place and Flynn’s $6.5 million salary is guaranteed. Flynn is more consisten than Pryor and gets the most reps with the first-team offense. At one point on Sunday he was working with the offensive linemen on the far practice field while the other three quarterbacks were going through passing drills.

Rookie Tyler Wilson threw three interceptions in a span of four passes on Saturday. Matt McGloin is the fourth quarterback and he really struggled Sunday.

Allen admits Flynn is in the driver’s seat for the job, but doesn’t want to talk about how much of a lead he has or where the four rank.

“Listen … I’m not ready to get into who’s creating separation and who’s creating distance,” Allen said, “but I’ve been very impressed with Matt Flynn. I’ve been impressed with his demeanor. He’s made some nice throws, some nice reads, and really I think he’s done a nice job with the first offense.”

can't wait for preseason

can we get some reporting up in here

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...nd-raiders-training-camp-practice-notes-day-3
It was a cool, overcast 57 degrees when the players took the field for this morning's training camp practice. The cooler temperature was a welcome sight this time of year as Napa can get pretty sweltering. The sun came out a bit later but it was still comfortable.

There was also a pretty large fan presence just like yesterday. I would say they got a pretty good show.

It was the first day of camp in pads for these players which means it was also the closest thing any of them have had to real contact since the final game of the 2012 season.

Sit outs

The usual suspects were still not practicing - Miles Burris, Pat Sims, and Menelik Watson.

Also on the sideline not practicing was Sio Moore who was injured on day two presumably on a play in which he leapt in the air to defend a pass and took a header into the chain separating the field from the fans in the bleachers. He was on the field watching as his teammates practiced in pads - something he undoubtedly had great difficulty with considering how much of a high motor guy he is.

Also not practicing was Kaluka Maiava who left practice yesterday on crutches in a walking boot. Sam McGuffie was out as well presumably after taking a hit on the first day from defensive back Cory Nelms. He was unknown before which could suggest he was having concussion symptoms and was held out because of it.

Joining the hurt is (drum roll, please) Jacoby Ford. Ford was dinged up in minicamp as well. After missing all of last season and part of the 2011 season, Raiders fans have gotten to the point of wanting to wrap him in industrial bubble wrap. We'll see if his exit was temporary or if he will return tomorrow.

Billy Boyko was also out. The combination of Burris, Maiava, Moore, and Boyko not in the lineup makes for an extremely thin linebacking corps. It consisted of primarily Nick Roach, Kevin Burnett, Kaelin Burnett, Keenan Clayton, and Ryan Harper. A couple times, the Burnett brothers took the field together with their 94 and 95 jerseys.

Standouts

As I wrote in greater detail, Rod Streater looked outstanding. He has looked very good all three days of camp and took it up a notch today. Seems odd that he can get even better once pads are on, but he was. His play today was enough to make me (and his quarterbacks and coaches) more confident that he can step up and be a number one receiver.

I mentioned it yesterday as well, but it bears mentioning again; Terrelle Pryor's passes continue to look very good. His deep ball especially has improved greatly from last season. Where his passes would typically wobble and float, are now mostly tight spirals and very often right on target. It was one of the biggest criticisms of him over his first two seasons in Oakland so his improvement is impressive.

While the athletic Pryor is showing some skills throwing the ball, Tyler Wilson was showing he has a bit of athleticism of his own. He is deceptively fast and elusive and does well squaring his shoulders and delivering a ball on the run.

Flynn's passes looked good overall, but the defense was making a few good plays on them. Mike Jenkins knocked down a pass intended for Denarius Moore, Charles Woodson read a pass perfectly which was intended for Streater and he laid out to knock it down, and later Kevin Burnett dove to bat one of his passes down as well.

The lone interception of the day came from Taiwan Jones on a pass from Matt McGloin. It was a good play by Jones on a ball with not much on it.

The first fight of camp took all of two plays into padded team sessions to occur. Jason Hunter took Darren McFadden to the ground and Khalif Barnes got into it with him which caused a big ruckus that dissipated pretty quickly. It will get more heated than that as we get deeper into camp.

The drops continued today in camp with several players having at least two each and a few others having at least one. In total it was more than ten drops with Tray Session, Isaiah Williams, Marcel Reece, and Jacoby Ford all having two each in team sessions.

D.J. Hayden was ok with the red jersey on the first day but as of today, when pads came on, he wasn't liking it as much. He tried to sneak into tackling drills (kinda hard in a BRIGHT RED jersey) but was pulled out by Allen. He did get a chance to partake in team sessions but was still limited.

For a bit of adorable news, Kevin Burnett's kids are at training camp. In the picture I snapped below, his youngest, Kniight Burnett, stopped to speak with Raiders linemen Alex Barron, Andre Gurode, and Andre Gurode after practice. Gurode, being the fun-loving character he is, talked up the little guy. He told him jokingly "Don't be like us when you grow up. Football is a hard life."

Notes, quotes and observations from camp — Day 3

By Steve Corkran
Sunday, July 28th, 2013 at 2:34 pm in Oakland Raiders.

NAPA — The pads went on Sunday for the first time all season as the Raiders enjoyed the contact aspect of the game for a change.
It also might be about time to put on some stickum-laced gloves based on the way the Raiders struggled hanging on to the football.
Today’s practice featured numerous dropped passes, including two each from wide receiver Jacoby Ford and fullback Marcel Reece.
Coach Dennis Allen bemoaned the number of dropped passes Saturday as “way too many.” It seemed as if there were at least a dozen dropped passes Sunday, yet Allen said: “It was better today than it was yesterday.”
Either way you look at it, the Raiders need to do a better job of catching the ball.
To be fair, the Raiders attempted a high number of passes Sunday and their receivers caught a majority of the balls one might expect them to catch.
Allen said it’s going to take time for things to reach the desired level. That’s understandable, given this was the third day of camp and many of the receivers and quarterbacks are new.
“It’s going to be a continual process,” Allen said. “Really, at the end of the day, what it comes down to is concentration. Focus in on the football, make the play when you get the opportunity and that’s what players in the NFL do.”
Tight end David Ausberry was not among those guilty of dropping catchable passes Sunday. He took things in perspective.
“On the whole, things went smooth,” Ausberry said. “We knocked off the rust a little bit, but overall it went well.”

– Ausberry is one of a handful of players vying for the starting spot created by the departure of Brandon Myers.
Ausberry and Richard Gordon are the returning tight ends from last year’s team. Therefore, it’s logical to assume that they have an edge over a cast of other hopefuls.
That list includes draft picks Nick Kasa and Mychal Rivera, as well as Brian Leonhardt and Jeron Mastrud.
Myers entered camp last season lumped in with Ausberry and Gordon. He asserted himself at practice and in Oakland’s exhibition games en route to earning the starting job.
“Absolutely we’re looking for somebody to step up,” Allen said of this year’s group. “That’s what training camp is all about. We want somebody to step up, say that, ‘I’m the man and this is my job.’ We’re going to let the competition dictate that. We’re going to give everybody the opportunity, at least early in camp, to prove that they’re worthy of that title, of being the guy.”

– Cornerback Taiwan Jones intercepted a Matt McGloin pass early in practice as he continues his conversion from running back.
He said that he no longer views himself as a running back, except when he gets his hands on the ball as a result of an interception or a fumble.
“I’m looking to take it to the house,” Jones said of his mind-set when he has the ball.

– Undrafted free agent wide receiver Sam McGuffie missed practice for the second straight day.
Allen isn’t giving specifics on injuries right now, so we’re left to speculate and connect the dots.
The smart money says, McGuffie is recovering from a collision he had with a defensive back Friday. McGuffie took a shot to the head on the play and looked shaken up for a spell afterward.
It’s interesting to note that McGuffie suffered three concussions during his freshman season at Michigan — he finished his career at Rice.

– Cornerback D.J. Hayden still is wearing a red, no-contact jersey in practice. However, he isn’t backing down from sticking his nose in there from time to time.
At one point Saturday, Hayden covered Rod Streater as a member of the first-team defense. So, the Raiders might be easing Hayden into the mix in terms of contact, but certainly not as far as his exposure to the defense.

– Lucas Nix worked at left guard for the second time in three days, with Tony Bergstrom running with the second-team.
Therefore, it’s apparent that offensive line coach Tony Sparano is going to take a long look at both players for a certain length of time before he decides on a replacement for departed veteran Cooper Carlisle.
Same goes at right offensive tackle, where Khalif Barnes is getting the bulk of the reps. Alex Barron and Willie Smith also are getting quite a bit of time at right tackle, mostly as backups.
The rest of the offensive line appears set, with Jared Veldheer the left tackle, Stefen Wisniewski at center and Mike Brisiel at right guard.
Veldheer said he’s impressed by how well the line is jelling under Sparano’s tutelage and despite the conversion from a zone-blocking scheme to a power-blocking scheme.
“It’s coming together well,” Velhdeer said. “Guys have it down very well. People are getting it, and coach Sparano has done a good job of teaching guys how to do it and really understanding the full play and what’s happening. That allows us to go out there and play fast because we’re not thinking about a lot of things.”

– Linebackers Miles Burris, Sio Moore, Kaluka Maiava and Billy Boyko, defensive tackle Pat Sims and offensive tackle Menelik Watson didn’t practice today.
Allen said he expects Maiava to “miss a little bit of time” but that the other injured players don’t appear to be too serious.
Same goes for wide receiver Jacoby Ford, who missed the latter part of practice with an undisclosed injury. He looked fine in the first half of practice, especially on several downfield routes that required him to run at or near full speed.

– Several players mixed it up early in practice, with Barnes emerging from the bottom of the pile, along with a handful of defensive players.
As far as training camp brawls go, this one registers about a 1.0 on a scale of 1-10. Allen dismissed the dustup as business as usual.
“It’s football,” Allen said. “At the end of the day, we got to understand that we can’t hurt our team. We need everybody out there. But you have to practice football. You have to practice it tough, you have to practice it physical and you’re never going to be able to run the ball if you don’t come off the ball and try to knock the heck out of people.
“That’s what we did. First day of practice, you get pads on, everybody’s a little jacked up and it got a little feisty in there. But that’s all right.”

– Terrelle Pryor is throwing the ball with the kind of zip, accuracy and touch that weren’t evident much his first two seasons, let alone during offseason workouts.
Chalk it up to a player that refuses to be told that he can’t succeed as a quarterback in the NFL and works as hard as any of the 88 players on the roster.
“He’s continued to get better,” Allen said. “He’s worked extremely hard at it and anytime you get a talented player that works extremely hard, he’s going to get better. We’re doing some things with him to try to take advantage of his talents. He’s responding to that. He’s going to continue to work. He’s competing. The guy is a competitor, so he’s trying to do everything he can to help this team.”
On one play, Pryor dropped back and fit a ball into tight coverage, right into the waiting arms of receiver Juron Criner. This was a high-difficulty pass that required Pryor to get it over linebacker Keenan Clayton’s hands without launching it too far and into the arms of the defensive back.
“That was definitely a good pass for me,” Pryor said.
In fact, he had numerous good passes and very few that were off the mark.
By Pryor’s estimation: “I missed about three or four balls out of a lot, 83 throws, 90 throws.”
Allen said he isn’t thinking too far down the road in terms of converting Pryor to another position if his progress stalls.
“Our focus is trying to train him as a quarterback,” Allen said. “That’s what we’re working on right now.”

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/07/28/notes-quotes-and-observations-from-camp-day-3/

Training camp report: Day 4
Posted by Chris McClain in Headline, Raiders News | 0 comments
The Oakland Raiders put pads on the for the second-straight day, and in the beginning it looked as if rookie cornerback D.J. Hayden was going to get his first day of physical play as he stretched without the red “no-contact” jersey. As it turned out, Hayden was still required to wear the jersey as he put it on shortly after the team was done stretching.
There’s no question that Hayden himself appears ready take the jersey off and get back to playing physical football, but head coach Dennis Allen wants to take it easier with his young corner.
“He wants to go, he wants to go. I think that’s a great thing about him,” Allen said of the first-round draft pick. “That really speaks to the type of guys that we’re trying to bring in here: guys that love football; they want to practice.
“I’m excited about the fact that he’s ready. Mentally and physically, he’s ready. But we’re going to take a little bit more of a cautious side on that and make sure that he’s totally ready before we put him into contact drills.”
Hayden attempted to participate in a tackling drill on Sunday but was pulled by secondary coach Clayton Lopez just before his turn.

Linebacker Omar Gaither rejoined the Raiders on Monday
Coaches also had a new, but also familiar, face on the field for them for the first time on Monday: linebacker Omar Gaither.
Gaither originally joined the Raiders towards the end of last season and appeared in seven games, including four starts while disgruntled linebacker Rolando McClain remained off of the field.
With the injury to second-year linebacker Miles Burris, Allen felt it was necessary to get some more depth at the linebacker position.
He was a guy that we felt good about the way that he played for us last year, coming in towards the middle end of the year. At the end of the year, he started some games for us.
“I think his versatility is good for us. He spent a lot of time at Mike linebacker and that’s where we played him today and that’s where we’ll start him out, but he’s a smart enough player and versatile enough player that he can play a couple of positions for us.”
It didn’t take long for Gaither to get thrown right back into the mix as he took plenty of snaps at the middle linebacker position. It also didn’t take long for him to get physical with his fellow teammates.
The linebackers were working on getting off the block and getting to the ball carrier when Gaither gave the ball carrier, who was fellow linebacker Kevin Burnett this time, a nice crack. Just like a typical linebacker’s mentality, Gaither welcomed getting back to the physicality of football.
“It’s just always good to get the pads on after so long. You know, you’re running around with jerseys and pants and all offsesaon you’re working out in the gym and that’s not really playing football, so it’s finally good to get out here.”

Raiders quarterbacks struggled for the most part on Monday
The quarterbacks were inconsistent on the field today, missing their mark on numerous occasions. Starting quarterback Matt Flynn threw a couple of balls low while Terrelle Pryor overthrew his target.
On one occasion, Flynn hit second-year wide receiver Juron Criner but the ball was low and Criner had to dive for it, not allowing any run after the catch. Criner had beaten Hayden on a short curl route.
Pryor overthrew one receiver and should have been intercepted by safety Usama Young, but he let the ball hit the ground. Pryor then had wide receiver Brice Butler wide open deep down the field but he overthrew him as well.
Though Pryor was able to bounce back during the last drills of practice to find tight end David Ausberry in the back of the end zone for a touchdown.
All of the quarterbacks had their ups and downs today and will need to become more consistent on the field.
After struggling with drops for the first couple of practices, Oakland’s wide receivers had a better day holding on to the football. Quarterback-turned-wide receiver Greg Jenkins has been one of the players that has struggled with drops at times, but that was not the case on Monday. Jenkins made a couple of nice catches in the end zone towards the end of practice, but he will need to become more consistent.
After losing wide receiver Jacoby Ford to injury yesterday, the Raiders lost four more players on Monday. Offensive lineman Lucas Nix, nose tackle Johnny Jones, defensive tackle Vance Walker, and defensive lineman Brandon Bair were unable to finish practice.
“At the end of the day, it’s really the normal bumps and bruises that you get in training camp and we’ll see how long it takes them to get back,” Allen said of the injuries. “It’s day 2 in pads, so some of those things you’ve got to be able to deal with. And it’s a next-man-up philosophy; get the next man ready.”
The Raiders return to the practice field on Tuesday at 9:20 a.m.

http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/11133.html

Did any of you guys go to camp since you have season tix?

I just noticed he was with the A's 4 different times. :lol:

Just got my season tickets a minute ago. Training camp was made available only to last year's season ticket holders, so I won't be able to go.

Went online to check what seats were available before calling up the rep. Almost all the third deck is sold out :x

Back
Top Bottom