LOCK

Opie's death got me like no other death on a TV show has. I was legit angry and didn't pay much attention to the rest of the episode. Had to rewatch it later.

I turned my head for a second or two, turned back to the screen and saw the blood fly. I couldn't take it.

Had to tell myself it's just a show repeatedly, due to how emotional I was. :smh:

I guess i'm one of the few who didn't feel anything when Opie had his brain bashed in. I'm used to main characters getting murked. First season of Game of Thrones made me angry though.

Tha crow fliess straaaaaaiiiitttt!!!........

I sing along everytime damn time. 

:lol:  
smokin.gif

I get the stone-est of stone faces when watching the show with someone. 

all of this :rofl: :rofl: :smokin

As soon as people start realizing that stars of shows can eventually get killed off, it makes Opie's death a little easier to bear. 

Just get over it.  It happened.

Of course I invest, but it's out of our control on who stays and who goes.  It's what makes great tv no?

i understand what ur saying, like i agree up to a point ppl who say theyll stop watching cuz opie died are whyling. but i dont think you can hold it against anyone to having a strong reaction to a favorite character getting killed, even if it is just tv

i understand what ur saying, like i agree up to a point ppl who say theyll stop watching cuz opie died are whyling. but i dont think you can hold it against anyone to having a strong reaction to a favorite character getting killed, even if it is just tv
I agree completely with the relationship that people with characters.  It what makes people watch the show, people feel and connect with that character.  I'm not gonna lie, I was extremely sad when Opie did die.  The feels for days!

Last edited:
I get that. I think everyone does. What I don't get is why so many people questioned it and why some people stated/decided they'd never watch again. Like Jax said, Ope's been looking for a way out since season 1. It set up the second half of season 5 and it'll set up season 6 and 7. It had to happen for Jax to take the route he's taking.

^^ like the Father and Son trade off of positions in the club since Opie and Jax are the only sons (literal word definition lol) of any original 9 still in the MC and their fathers were friends and heading the table. But for me once I started the show I saw that Opie was weakly structured or better out he was the "friendly giant friend" of the show. Didn't liked him murked but the story was well put. Idk if he got any other job in Hollywood for his reason getting murked but lately in the shows I watch a few have died to star in the next show about to film they got hired for or just for the story.

i feel ike if they werent jerking our chain and keeping it 100, tig would have died in that jail like he rightfully should have

Jerking our chain is now being unpredictable and not doing exactly what the viewer expects?

Pope made it very clear that Tig was going to spend the rest of his life in that prison. Tig was never going to be the one who died in prison. It was always going to be Ope or Chibbs. Pope would not have been satisfied with Tig being the dead Son to keep his peace with Oakland PD and the Niners. He wanted more than that for Tig. So I'm not really sure what you're expecting there.

thats why he got let out w the rest of them right?

tig could very well have served himself up but like you said they had to kill opie for more dramatic effect.

at the end of the day, the real of it is, **** what damon pope wanted. if tig killed his daughter then you get tig and thats it. all that extra business they tried to shoehorn onto to the end, pope being so necessary for charming heights etc was just to push the plot, but it wasnt organic to the characters or how they act. jax and opie were brothers, i can buy opie's need to die but i dont think jax would ever have let opie die like that if the plot didnt demand it.

edit: and he got more than that when he burned tig's daughter alive right in front of him

Last edited:
Damn it seems like forever since I watched this show.. But the premiere will be watched.

its cuz everyone wanted jax as president and opie as vp

Everyone, myself included was angered at Opies death for one simple reason. Jax as president and Opie as VP was always the destiny of the Sons. It was what was going to happen when John Teller and Piney had their kids, even if JT didn't want it to happen. The son of the president was made to take the reign. Bobby knew it, Chibbs knew it, Piney knew it, Gemma knew it. Most importantly, us the watchers knew it. We almost felt robbed of what was supposed to happen. It threw EVERYTHING we were so sure of away.

thats why he got let out w the rest of them right?

tig could very well have served himself up but like you said they had to kill opie for more dramatic effect.

at the end of the day, the real of it is, **** what damon pope wanted. if tig killed his daughter then you get tig and thats it. all that extra business they tried to shoehorn onto to the end, pope being so necessary for charming heights etc was just to push the plot, but it wasnt organic to the characters or how they act. jax and opie were brothers, i can buy opie's need to die but i dont think jax would ever have let opie die like that if the plot didnt demand it.

edit: and he got more than that when he burned tig's daughter alive right in front of him

Tig was let out with the sons because Jax convinced Pope that he needed Tig as an eternal supporter of his decisions. Tig had no choice but to support Jax with whatever he wanted because he knew Jax is the one that got him out. Tig was basically on a lease to Jax as he was supposed to give him back.

btw guys, can we put in the OP that theres potential spoilers and to not come into this thread unless you're caught up with the show.

Tig was let out with the sons because Jax convinced Pope that he needed Tig as an eternal supporter of his decisions. Tig had no choice but to support Jax with whatever he wanted because he knew Jax is the one that got him out. Tig was basically on a lease to Jax as he was supposed to give him back.

btw guys, can we put in the OP that theres potential spoilers and to not come into this thread unless you're caught up with the show.

i understand and follow how things got to where they were as far as tig and jax. what i'm saying is that it should have never gotten that far. tig killed his daughter. he wants retribution, granted.

mr damon pope, you can have tig to do with what you want, but thats it. you dont get to extort money from us, kill that man's daughter as revenge, and kill another of my members, just for your daughter? no, you get tig and thats it.

i thought they made jax look real weak in order to make pope seem like a viable villiian.

The whole Pope situation was tricky. I actually thought Pope was a great villian because he wanted to train Jax to be a better leader.

For a second it really seemed like Pope may have been more friend than Foe the only thing that really "destroyed" the relationship was Opies death which of course was "unforgiveable"

In all honesty Tig was the huge monster behind that whole thing because as always his running behind Clay got the whole club in trouble.

Pope was miscast IMO. I never found him believable.

I'd rather have seen Tig die than Opie.

Opie was when I learned to stay off twitter if I'm not able to see a show that day.

Back
Top Bottom