Logic - No Pressure - Out Now!

He can rap, but he doesn't know how to make an album. Album was meh. Some songs were better than others, but there was a lot of mediocrity. I can understand why Def Jam didn't support him. They signed him, because he obviously has talent, but they probably realized he wasn't Kendrick. And Def Jam has a lot of mismanagement to properly guide him.
boy bye.

Im not even a big fan of the dude but this album is fire. 

He can rap, but he doesn't know how to make an album. Album was meh. Some songs were better than others, but there was a lot of mediocrity. I can understand why Def Jam didn't support him. They signed him, because he obviously has talent, but they probably realized he wasn't Kendrick. And Def Jam has a lot of mismanagement to properly guide him.

Can't agree with this. This album is well structured and flows nicely. I don't care for 3 of the 12 tracks but this album is solid. I like that the album isn't your formulaic hip-hop album and has some pretty diverse content.

What specifically did he do on this album that makes you believe he doesn't know how to make an album?

Logic don't know how to make an album? 
roll.gif

Welcome to Forever was awesome. Very well structured and this is no different. I love the little dialogues in between songs

Hating :lol:

Damn I hate that word.

Can't agree with this. This album is well structured and flows nicely. I don't care for 3 of the 12 tracks but this album is solid. I like that the album isn't your formulaic hip-hop album and has some pretty diverse content.

What specifically did he do on this album that makes you believe he doesn't know how to make an album?

Brief summary

The album was on Def Jam, not Def Jux. IMO it should sound like it. There's no single on the album. The songs sort of blend together. The production was also pretty unspectacular. I don't think he has an identity as a rapper. On some songs it sounded like he was doing a Kendrick or J Cole impression. The project was pretty forgettable to me. He didn't leave an impression.

It goes back to the Ebro, majors versus minors debate. In the past he probably would have been nurtured and groomed. Def Jam is throwing out acts now because they haven't done anything all year. They're trying to give something to their board and parent label. I would have rather had a Fab or Jada album.

Last edited:
tried listening but kept getting a diet Drake vibe he can rap tho so I'm gonna try and give it a real once over

I liked the album. Didnt expect it to be so soul/live instrument based. I think he still has to find his sound because I keep hearing drake influence. Some of his lines are generic but dude can spit for real tho. Dope album overall

"if I sell a brick I could buy a house, if they find a key they might lock me up"
pimp.gif

Watched his BC interview and decided to purchase this on iTunes. Really dope album

Also, Didn't think of drake one bit listening to this

Last edited:
Hating :lol:

Damn I hate that word.
Brief summary

The album was on Def Jam, not Def Jux. IMO it should sound like it. There's no single on the album. The songs sort of blend together. The production was also pretty unspectacular. I don't think he has an identity as a rapper. On some songs it sounded like he was doing a Kendrick or J Cole impression. The project was pretty forgettable to me. He didn't leave an impression.

It goes back to the Ebro, majors versus minors debate. In the past he probably would have been nurtured and groomed. Def Jam is throwing out acts now because they haven't done anything all year. They're trying to give something to their board and parent label. I would have rather had a Fab or Jada album.

Correct me if I am wrong but by your statement that there is no "single on the album" I assume you mean a radio friendly track. If that is what you mean then I ask why does an album need that to be deemed good?!

I can see your points about sounding like Kendrick or Cole and if you don't like it or didnt leave an impression then I respect your opinion. But the point regarding the single I think is unfair and that criteria for judgement among hip-hop fans bothers me. Its as if an artist has to put out a formulaic album with a formulaic radio single for an album to be deemed good.

Never really heard of Logic before his freestyle on Sway in the morning. If ya'll haven't seen it def check it out. Seen a couple of his radio interviews and got curious to check out the album. It surprised the helllllll out of me. Definitely feelin the production on the album. If he reminded me of anyone it would be Cole. Under Pressure is def appreciated :pimp:

Definitely reminds me of Cole. His lyrical content and production. NOTHHHINNGGG like Drake lol

Correct me if I am wrong but by your statement that there is no "single on the album" I assume you mean a radio friendly track. If that is what you mean then I ask why does an album need that to be deemed good?!

I can see your points about sounding like Kendrick or Cole and if you don't like it or didnt leave an impression then I respect your opinion. But the point regarding the single I think is unfair and that criteria for judgement among hip-hop fans bothers me. Its as if an artist has to put out a formulaic album with a formulaic radio single for an album to be deemed good.

He's on Def Jam. Their purpose is to sell records. Singles sell records and singles. He doesn't sell records, his time on Def Jam will be up. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
He's on Def Jam. Their purpose is to sell records. Singles sell records and singles. He doesn't sell records, his time on Def Jam will be up. Pretty simple.

he is currently #1 on itunes bruh, hes even beating T.I.'s Paperwork right now.. how u gon say his time on def jam will be up?? this isnt trinidad james we talkin bout...

u sound mad salty

this is a solid hip hop album. from production to lyrical content i would say 3 out of the 12 tracks were meh... the rest r good songs[/quote]

Last edited:
I listened like 3 or 4 times ALL the way through.

There's no REAL standout track IMO. "Buried Alive" is exceptional & "Not Enough" is dope as well. But other than that there's no real memorable moments on a individual song basis. There's nothing flat out BAD either, but as a whole each song treads somewhere between slightly above average and pretty good.

Its by no means a BAD album, but it's definitely NOT gonna change the world. The production is very well put togeather and it has cohesion, but that may be a double edged sword cause a lot of the **** sounds the same too.

There's no single. There was no real promotion. Not sure if he has a video or not.

If this sells over 30K I'll be surprised, and that's including the 20K Def Jam is gonna buy.

Back
Top Bottom