LOL Al Jefferson to KG: "we both have one thing in common...no championships"

Big AL is awesome!

I'm a big fan of KG, but I'm really getting tried of seeing him holding up his jersey and what not.
It's like, we get it! Great, good for you.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Enh, I hate the 'championships' argument.

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

Garnett can't deny that his TEAMS and Jefferson's TEAMS have never won a championship, but AJ can't deny that his INDIVIDUAL SELF is inferior to Garnett's 11-time All Star self.

First off, Garnett is a douche bag for throwing words at a 4th year player when he is supposed to be this 11-time All-Star vet. How about showing someclass? You didn't see Barkley bragging to Clearance Weatherspoon about the number of All-Star selections he has.

Second, Jefferson actually has BETTER 4th year averages (points and rebounds) than KG did in HIS 4th year (nba.com, look it up) and if you look atJefferson's game, you'll see he has better footwork, strength and overall a better upside than KG did at that point of his career. KG just needs tosit down and take the L.

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

It's a different argument when you are talking about 2 individuals that are the leaders of their respective teams though.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

The probability pf KG getting a ring this season > Big Al's chances

24zvrqs.jpg

awesome....the pups should have pulled out that win on Friday though...that was heart-breaking as an anti-Celtics fan.

hahaha i love AJ

I wanted the Knicks to pursue him for Curry last summer while curry's value was high and Jefferson's wasnt as high,

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

Garnett can't deny that his TEAMS and Jefferson's TEAMS have never won a championship, but AJ can't deny that his INDIVIDUAL SELF is inferior to Garnett's 11-time All Star self.

Slava Medvedenko> KG

Melvin Ely> KG

Travis Knight> KG

John Celestand> KG

Matt Bonner>KG

and

Tony Massenberg>KG

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

First off, Garnett is a douche bag for throwing words at a 4th year player when he is supposed to be this 11-time All-Star vet. How about showing some class? You didn't see Barkley bragging to Clearance Weatherspoon about the number of All-Star selections he has.

Second, Jefferson actually has BETTER 4th year averages (points and rebounds) than KG did in HIS 4th year (nba.com, look it up) and if you look at Jefferson's game, you'll see he has better footwork, strength and overall a better upside than KG did at that point of his career. KG just needs to sit down and take the L.
How does AL have better upside??...KG perimeter game was way better than AL's in his 4th year...he also was a MUCH better defender than AL.....

Kinda sad that Al's been puttin up 20-10 this whole season and this is the only recognition he gets on NT.
smh.gif
The kid is a beast, and once he gets some talent surrounding him, he'll help setthat franchise straight again. I don't think I can name 5 players with better low-post moves in the league right now.
eek.gif

well then in AJ point of view.. i hate the All-Star Argument...

Why would you even tell a 4 yr man, you have 11 all stars ... all stars don't mean anything... its just a fan base voting and if your not famous, youwont get in.. plain and simple..

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

First off, Garnett is a douche bag for throwing words at a 4th year player when he is supposed to be this 11-time All-Star vet. How about showing some class? You didn't see Barkley bragging to Clearance Weatherspoon about the number of All-Star selections he has.

Second, Jefferson actually has BETTER 4th year averages (points and rebounds) than KG did in HIS 4th year (nba.com, look it up) and if you look at Jefferson's game, you'll see he has better footwork, strength and overall a better upside than KG did at that point of his career. KG just needs to sit down and take the L.
Big Al with the comeback
pimp.gif
. But seriously this isbasketball. Dudes are going to talk $%%* to you. You got to get back at them though and Al did. But comparing the two is apples and oranges. KG can do it all,he was playing all 5 positions at one point. Al is a back to the basket true PF. Al's future is ahead of him, and is looking very promising. But I doubthe will put up the stats that KG has, consistently.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

How does AL have better upside??...KG perimeter game was way better than AL's in his 4th year...he also was a MUCH better defender than AL.....
Al's game is tailored more closely to Duncan's than Garnett's. It starts and ends in the low post. For being only a fourth year player,his footwork is remarkable. He's already got a nice little up and under move and little baby hook too. He's got about 50lbs. more muscle than KG andcan actually back people down in the post - something KG was never able to do because of his small upper body. KG never developed that post game peoplethought he would. And I don't think KG's perimiter game is anything worth bringing up. It's not something he is known for. And did you say MUCHbetter defender?
smh.gif
KGs size alone prevented him for guarding anyone 1:1 on the low block. So if Duncan is the greatest 4 of all time when he's doneplaying ball and Al is showing glimpses of Duncan in his 4th year then of course I'll say he has better upside than KG. I think sports marketing hasbrainwashed a lot of people. Word to Penny Hardaway.

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Kinda sad that Al's been puttin up 20-10 this whole season and this is the only recognition he gets on NT.
smh.gif
The kid is a beast, and once he gets some talent surrounding him, he'll help set that franchise straight again. I don't think I can name 5 players with better low-post moves in the league right now.
eek.gif

i cant think of 2.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Darko > Garnett

Right, Jefferson?

Al's game is tailored more closely to Duncan's than Garnett's. It starts and ends in the low post. For being only a fourth year player, his footwork is remarkable. He's already got a nice little up and under move and little baby hook too. He's got about 50lbs. more muscle than KG and can actually back people down in the post - something KG was never able to do because of his small upper body. KG never developed that post game people thought he would. And I don't think KG's perimiter game is anything worth bringing up. It's not something he is known for. And did you say MUCH better defender?
smh.gif
KGs size alone prevented him for guarding anyone 1:1 on the low block. So if Duncan is the greatest 4 of all time when he's done playing ball and Al is showing glimpses of Duncan in his 4th year then of course I'll say he has better upside than KG. I think sports marketing has brainwashed a lot of people. Word to Penny Hardaway.
I don't know what you're talking about...KG goes to work on people on the block when he wants to. I think that's clearly been demonstratedfor the last 12 years. The problem is that he is enamored with that jumpshot too often.

Back
Top Bottom