Long Distance relationship.. Really that difficult?

Yall really simplify the DC/NY thing.

"Only 4 hours."

"You can do it every weekend"

Both are lies. You show me proof of anyone making it from DC to NY in 4 hours on a weekend, which is when the trip will take place.

And every weekend? Life will get in the way of that.

Not saying it isn't possible but yall really make it sound SO easy logistically

It's all about the people involved. You gotta want it and these days most people don't want it that bad. That's why it seems hard.
This
I was in a long distance relationship for 4 years. (TN/MD) I just moved my girl here and we survived it.
Was it hard. Absolutely. Very. But can it work? It really depends on a few things.

How long have the two been in a relationship?
If are just getting together a few months before then no. It wont work. The two havent been through enough to have the mutual respect for each other and the time put in to know how to be with just one person. If its been years, then yes, because at that point you are already talking serious relationship territory.

How long of a distance?
If its only a few hours it can work easily, even for new relationships, because either one can go to the other one at any time.
And sometimes the distance works for the better. If its longer than a few hours away then it is harder because you have to plan visits. That also involves not
going to see her/him when she is on her cycle. There is nothing worse than going to see your girl after a few months and her being on her period, then having to wait another few months til the next time to smash. Tha'll make you want to cheat right there if you are not a strong person.

Finances:
If you are broke LDRs DO NOT WORK. You gotta have cash for trips, things to do when you get there, rentals car if necessary, hotel if necessary, emergency cash etc.
One thing neither party is going to tolerate is not seeing each other on account of being broke.

Are they the one:
Cause if they arent at least the prototype then it wont work. It will be too easy to look at the next thing. And not just for you but for her too.
Its gotta be a situation where neither of you are looking for anything because you already have what you want. If not someone WILL cheat.

Im sure there are other thing but those are a few I can think of from surviving my 4 year LDR.
So much this

expensive, but it'll work out if you two are loyal and committed to each other. takes patience, trust, and an open mind.

Tried long distance before we were "talking" for like 4 years, and together for 2. Looked on shorty fb page and turns out she has been talking to TONS of dudes for years. Took her back like an idiot...she cheated again lol I don't even feel sorry for myself. If they do it once they will do it again.

Yall really simplify the DC/NY thing.

"Only 4 hours."

"You can do it every weekend"

Both are lies. You show me proof of anyone making it from DC to NY in 4 hours on a weekend, which is when the trip will take place.

And every weekend? Life will get in the way of that.

Not saying it isn't possible but yall really make it sound SO easy logistically
It is easy though, NY to DMV is three albums :lol:

easy business.

leaves a lot of stress out of the relationship if the 2 of you arent insecure about petty things.

Man, a 30 min drive is far enough for me :lol:

Thats how I am feeling at the moment. New chick I am talking to lives 35 mins away and we both our work schedules don't really coincide. Luckily she comes by her best friends house which is 10 mins from so I mostly see her on weekends.

Props to alot you guys who make it work especially when its overseas. I personally couldn't do it.

I kinda did this. Spoke to a girl from florida back in the MySpace days

This was back in 08. We spoke for a year or so. Then we dropped. But we just recently started talking again

Man, a 30 min drive is far enough for me :lol:

This. I was seeing this chick that was 45 minutes away for a minute. That got old fast. I only want local ladies.

Damn, any of yall live in NYC? A ride from the Bronx to Brooklyn or Queens is already 45 mins :lol:
If you on the train 1.5 hours easy.
Word.

Once things become more convenient you adjust your expectations to be lazy for anything more than that.

I'd quickly get tired of traveling to the BX any time I want yambs :lol: Especially since I have to go to the BX (depending where). I already feel it's a bit long when I go to Harlem.

"That cross country relationship I can't do unless she is in the WNBA"

What is there's potential that she will get signed overseas? I think it can still work if both parties trust each other. The distance will suck but it's doabable

At the end of the day approaching a LDR, ask yourself this 'Can I live without her?'

If Yes, don't waste your time/energy/money on it. Take the L and walk it off. 

that's not even a long distance relationship. now if you were from ny and she was from cali then that would be a challenge. but that's a little puddle

Personally, don't think I can do it. Gotta see my lady every day. Weeks without that would be :x

Doable. Two friends started dating in undergrad. We are in SoCal. Girl went to NorCal for grad school. Guy went to Boston for med school. They are now married that school is done.

It takes endurance no doubt however.

Its do-able as long as theres trust and your both committed to it. Im in a long distance myself. I live in NYC and my girlfriend lives in Miami.  I fly there every week. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom