Long term relationships as an adolescent? Vol. Really that necessary?

Serious question for you NT'ers

Coming off of my 1st year of college I can't understand it, about 95% of the dudes I hang with all have GF's, wither it be my High School friends, new-found homies out on campus, everybody's together
laugh.gif
Even the girls on campus are cuffed up. Every other minute I'm talking to a girl it's "yeah, my bf _________". Is it suppose to be a requirement at this age or something? Am I suppose to be going out looking for a girlfriend?

Serious question for you NT'ers

Coming off of my 1st year of college I can't understand it, about 95% of the dudes I hang with all have GF's, wither it be my High School friends, new-found homies out on campus, everybody's together
laugh.gif
Even the girls on campus are cuffed up. Every other minute I'm talking to a girl it's "yeah, my bf _________". Is it suppose to be a requirement at this age or something? Am I suppose to be going out looking for a girlfriend?

i mean if you like someone why not at any age?

VERY STRONG CHANCE it won't work but if you're half way sane you'll learn something about yourself?

i can understand avoiding it cuz you're young but you really learn a lot about yourself and others when you have relationships at any age...

you dont want to be 25 w/your first gf and you don't know how to act cuz you've never had one before

VERY STRONG CHANCE it won't work but if you're half way sane you'll learn something about yourself?

i can understand avoiding it cuz you're young but you really learn a lot about yourself and others when you have relationships at any age...

you dont want to be 25 w/your first gf and you don't know how to act cuz you've never had one before

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Is your college small/private by any chance?

has to be, i go to a small school and its the same way
indifferent.gif

Yeah it is a private, small.

It's ridiculous, almost EVERY girl cuffin some dude out of state.

and I've had been in relationships before, I'm wondering if the main goal at 19 is to be looking for someone that I can see myself with for a long time

indifferent.gif

and I've had been in relationships before, I'm wondering if the main goal at 19 is to be looking for someone that I can see myself with for a long time

That just how it is for colleges like that.

I'm wondering if the main goal at 19 is to be looking for someone that I can see myself with for a long time

At 19 most people still dont really know what they want and are just kinda going with the flow. Too though a lot of freshman come into college with long distance S/O's and it usually doesn't last very long. I knew you were at a small/private college because it was the same way at the college I use to work at.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

indifferent.gif

Contemplating breaking it off with my GF for this very reason. Like her and everything, hella cool and down to earth but I have a lot on my plate, and I'm still a teen. At the same time, she's literally everything I want in a girl (if she lost like 10 pounds she'd be PERFECT, but I'm not one to judge on looks,
laugh.gif
.)

Meh. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

indifferent.gif

Contemplating breaking it off with my GF for this very reason. Like her and everything, hella cool and down to earth but I have a lot on my plate, and I'm still a teen. At the same time, she's literally everything I want in a girl (if she lost like 10 pounds she'd be PERFECT, but I'm not one to judge on looks,
laugh.gif
.)

Meh. Time will tell.

That just how it is for colleges like that.

I'm wondering if the main goal at 19 is to be looking for someone that I can see myself with for a long time

At 19 most people still dont really know what they want and are just kinda going with the flow. Too though a lot of freshman come into college with long distance S/O's and it usually doesn't last very long. I knew you were at a small/private college because it was the same way at the college I use to work at.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

For some reason when I was younger I felt the need for a serious relationship. As I got older I'm like
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

For some reason when I was younger I felt the need for a serious relationship. As I got older I'm like
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

Lots of people get lonely being at school away from home so they don't mind being in a relationship because it's the same type of comfort

Lots of people get lonely being at school away from home so they don't mind being in a relationship because it's the same type of comfort

Back
Top Bottom