Lord Willin'....10 years later

I hate to think that the dope game is my callin, cause it got us singin lullabies to our fallen,

Good night friend, till we me again, but for now in your name we re-up and eat again.

mean.gif

A very good 8/10 album, one of those LPs you play in the whip during the summer and only have to press the skip button 2 or 3 times.

Virginia made a strong case for VA being the greatest state in the union. Classic track 8/10 album.

A very good 8/10 album, one of those LPs you play in the whip during the summer and only have to press the skip button 2 or 3 times.

This is what it's become for me as well. A couple tracks don't hold up but this album still has serious heat

I'm Not You :wow:
Virginia
Grindin
Comedy Central
Intro

Crazy. Can't believe it's been ten years. I remember playing the death out of this in HS. The production was groundbreaking and the flow and general composition of this album was great, very well put together. Not to mention Pusha is a monster on the mic

\\//

PS The Fam-Lay freestyle is too cold

didnt know VA had rappers like this when i first heard it. loved it then and still love it now

Virginia made a strong case for VA being the greatest state in the union. Classic track 8/10 album.

Man that was a good time to be from the 757. Clipse, Neptunes, Timbo & Missy were killing it musically and Vick and AI were tearing their leagues up.

But the only track I always skip on this is "Let's talk about it." Other than that I just let it ride.

I love these lines:
"Guess again you even need to check your friends
Sayin that I cheat
Right, maybe with my heat
Got a pearl handled chrome thing that I call Sweets
I greet wit her, creep wit her, even eat wit her
Late nights under my sheets, yeah I sleep with her
But thats it"

Malice on ' I'm Not You ' is possibly my favorite verse of all time :x

I've been trying to find the MTV $2 Bill when they basically performed this album, and I think Fab performed a few songs too, I swear i remember him rocking the blue Alex English Nuggets throwback, but the videos seem to be big foot status :smh:.

"when the last time" charted higher then grinding. :wow:

That Neptunes party sound was automatic in the early 00's.

album doesn't stand test of time as much as hell hath no fury though.

When The Last Time charted higher than Grindin????? Damn, I thought that song was only being shown on Rap City a lot.

Malice on "Virginia", though.

"I tried bein' humble, humble get no respect/ now the first sign of trouble, that's a hole up in yo' neck". :x

Rappers is talking to me as if (come on)
We in the same boat I tell them quick no I move Coke! (uh uhh)
And you and I don't share no common bond,
So forgive me if I don't recieve you with open arms (No)
It shames me to no end,
To feed poison to those who could very well be my kin (uh huh)
But where there's demand, someone will supply
So I feed them their needs at the same time cry
Yes it pains me to see them need this
All of them lost souls and I'm their Jesus
Deepest regret and sympathy to the street
I see them pay for they fix when they kids couldn't eat (so sorry)
And with this in mind, I still didn't quit
And that's how I know, that I aint sh*& (I aint sh*&)
My heart bleed but that's aside from the fact,
I live from my kids and theirs and them youngins after that

:smokin

Malice on "Virginia", though.
"I tried bein' humble, humble get no respect/ now the first sign of trouble, that's a hole up in yo' neck". :x

"cuz what i look like spendin my life in jail, i could never be a thug they don't dress this well."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom