LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

So many things running through my head. I really think I have quite a bit figured out though. Of course, I may be way off.

1. All of the dead people we have seen, all the ghosts, the black horse kate saw, etc. etc. etc. The man on the beach with Jacob, John Locke, Christian Shepard (on the island) have ALL BEEN THE BLACK SMOKE!

2. The "loop hole" is that the non-living (THE SMOKE MONSTER) cannot KILL Jacob. It had to find a loop hole. The loop hole being a living person. The smoke monster had to manipulate a living person into killing Jacob, and it finally did in the person of Benjamin Linus.

3. While Jacob lived in the cabin, he surrounded the cabin with that circle of black ash (perhaps some PERSON'S ashes) which apparently repelled the smoke monster. Remember back when Locke/Hurley and crew found the cabin earlier, they made sure to note the break in the circle. This allowed the smoke monster to get through and pose as Christian Shepard inside the cabin.

4. This whole thing has been Jacob vs. the Smoke Monster....THE WHOLE THING! We got in on the ground floor tonight when the guy on the beach said he was going to kill him. They've spent all this time in a back and forth struggle. Widmore just complicates things. He wants the island for his own personal reasons.

5. Rose and Bernard are the skeletons in the cave. When the bomb goes off, they seek shelter in the cave, and die there.

6. Desmond and Hurley are on a different level and still factor into this. I can't put my finger on it, but I know they do.

7. Remember, when the Black Rock was off in the distance at the beginning, that had the ancestors of Alvar Hanso on it, further proving true the major spoiler nyknicks provided us with about the Dharma initiative. Alvar wasn't at all interested in science. The DeGroots did get a little free research out of it...lol. It will be interesting to see the actual story behind the Black Rock's arrival. I'm sure it was just another group that Jacob rounded up to bring to the island, but since he couldn't bring them by plane (obviously), he brought them by ship.

8. I don't think the statue was Anubis.

I'll add more as it comes to me. I'm going to go back and watch the finale again.
Just thought of something else.

9. The smoke monster, in the form of Christian Shepard told Locke he had to die. Not to get back to the island to "save everybody," but to eliminate him so it (the smoke monster) could take his (John Locke's) form and manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.

dude if no egypion mythology, why was there so much egyptian imagery scattered throughout the whole entire season
ohwell.gif

Makes me rethink the opening of Follow The Leader as well where Richard was messing with the ship in the bottle.

Can it also be said that Richard was a crew member of the Black Rock...brought back by Jacob? And the foreshadowing was when Richard was building that shipmodel in Follow the Leader? This has been said before I believe but never as much evidence as tonight's episodes brought to our attention.

Anybody else find it weird that Ellie was the leader and not Widmore? So she is the leader in DHARMA 70s time, who was the leader during the 50's Jugheadtime? Why does Widmore claim the island was his once before and it will be again?

FML.

whoa.. i'm still in awe.. i don't see how some of you guys couldn't like this episode.. yea it's annoying that we have to wait 9 months foranswers.. but for imagine how far we've come since season 1

and i need to check up on this.. but dr. chang def had more than just his hand cut off in those videos.. which was the only part of his whole arm that wastrapped under the metal.. so i doubt they would need to amputate past his elbow

but seriously.. with all the star wars references in the show.. i can't help but think jacob was on some obi-wan type shhh..

just need to figure out who luke is in this whole thing.. i assume jack or des.. hurley is def. important but i dont know if he is that main dude important

Originally Posted by Adambomb007

So many things running through my head. I really think I have quite a bit figured out though. Of course, I may be way off.

1. All of the dead people we have seen, all the ghosts, the black horse kate saw, etc. etc. etc. The man on the beach with Jacob, John Locke, Christian Shepard (on the island) have ALL BEEN THE BLACK SMOKE!

2. The "loop hole" is that the non-living (THE SMOKE MONSTER) cannot KILL Jacob. It had to find a loop hole. The loop hole being a living person. The smoke monster had to manipulate a living person into killing Jacob, and it finally did in the person of Benjamin Linus.

3. While Jacob lived in the cabin, he surrounded the cabin with that circle of black ash (perhaps some PERSON'S ashes) which apparently repelled the smoke monster. Remember back when Locke/Hurley and crew found the cabin earlier, they made sure to note the break in the circle. This allowed the smoke monster to get through and pose as Christian Shepard inside the cabin.

4. This whole thing has been Jacob vs. the Smoke Monster....THE WHOLE THING! We got in on the ground floor tonight when the guy on the beach said he was going to kill him. They've spent all this time in a back and forth struggle. Widmore just complicates things. He wants the island for his own personal reasons.

5. Rose and Bernard are the skeletons in the cave. When the bomb goes off, they seek shelter in the cave, and die there.

6. Desmond and Hurley are on a different level and still factor into this. I can't put my finger on it, but I know they do.

7. Remember, when the Black Rock was off in the distance at the beginning, that had the ancestors of Alvar Hanso on it, further proving true the major spoiler nyknicks provided us with about the Dharma initiative. Alvar wasn't at all interested in science. The DeGroots did get a little free research out of it...lol. It will be interesting to see the actual story behind the Black Rock's arrival. I'm sure it was just another group that Jacob rounded up to bring to the island, but since he couldn't bring them by plane (obviously), he brought them by ship.

I'll add more as it comes to me. I'm going to go back and watch the finale again.

9. The smoke monster, in the form of Christian Shepard told Locke he had to die. Not to get back to the island to "save everybody," but to eliminate him so it (the smoke monster) could take his (John Locke's) form and manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.

dude if no egypion mythology, why was there so much egyptian imagery scattered throughout the whole entire season
ohwell.gif

Whoa no no no....This has very much to do with Egyptian mythology. I just don't think the statue is Anubis. Anubis has the head of a dog. This statueappeared to be a crocodile with the ears of a hippo (Taweret) or something similar.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

great call...
Yeah, another long con.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Makes me rethink the opening of Follow The Leader as well where Richard was messing with the ship in the bottle.

Can it also be said that Richard was a crew member of the Black Rock...brought back by Jacob? And the foreshadowing was when Richard was building that ship model in Follow the Leader? This has been said before I believe but never as much evidence as tonight's episodes brought to our attention.

Anybody else find it weird that Ellie was the leader and not Widmore? So she is the leader in DHARMA 70s time, who was the leader during the 50's Jughead time? Why does Widmore claim the island was his once before and it will be again?

FML.

thats the 70's ellie could have left the island right after that and he became the leader during the 80's

(Jacob's twelfth son)
anybody want to guess at who the others 11 are
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]Michael Emerson Identifies Lost's Four Toed Statue[/h2]
May 04 | Author: Darren | Posted in News

The back of the mythical statue in 'Lost'

** Minor spoilers below.**

According to Lost Executive Producer Damon Lindelof, Lost's two-hour finale on May 13 will finally reveal the face of the mythical four-toed statue.

"You've seen its foot. You've seen its back," says exec producer Damon Lindelof.

Lost's four toed statue

On May 13, you'll see it's front.

However if you can't wait that long, Michael Emerson (aka Benjamin Linus) has reinforced what many Lost addicts have speculated for a long time - that the statue is that of the three fingered, pregnant hippopotamus headed Egyptian Goddess Taweret.

"She's Taweret, the goddess of childbirth," Emerson says. "That dovetails in pretty well with our themes, wouldn't you say?"

Taweret - The Goddess of Motherhood

In Egyptian mythology Taweret was assimilated into the identity of Mut, the great-creator goddess. Interestingly, the Vulture and the Ankh are two symbols associated to the creator-goddess Mut and these symbols appear frequently in Lost (you can take a look at this page on Lostpedia to see for yourself).

Is this a hint that the story of Lost is actually about the creation of life itself? It may well be.

I have another theory. The other Ajira passengers are either VERY OLD or are decendents of those from the very early days of the island. And theyapparently had the job of finding a "candidate" to take Jacob's place once he's dead. Hence the reason, Jacob met with Alana in the hospital.They were aware of the ramifications of the break in the ash ring.

(Jacob's twelfth son)
anybody want to guess at who the others 11 are
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

im just throwing random info out there. he might have 12 kids..lol..all we know about him so far is there's a dude that wants to kill himthat i believe to be his brother, he touches people and heals them, and has a group of followers that's about it. there might be a little bit more tojacob? i dont know.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Richard works with Jacob obviously. So how does Richard end up helping Ben and Locke to possibly bring about the demise of Jacob? Shouldn't he have known?
boi that hpv is messin with your brain G

you aint like he knew wat was up for the past 50 years he has been told how great locke is and how he will become there leader so on and so on(90% by locke himself
laugh.gif
)

he had no reason not to trust locke
roll.gif
roll.gif

I feel like it's going to be one of those nights where I stay up until 3 a.m. so I can post again because I hit the post limit..........
roll.gif
i knew if anybody seen it it would be you

I just went through the thread and ya'll theories are blowing my mind.

I get that black shirt could be smokey that passes of as Christian and Locke. What I don't get is that if black shirt is the possesser, why did he needRichard's help to find Jacob. In the intro, he told Jacob he's going to kill him, and Jacob clearly says that I'll be here (near the statue). If heis black shirt in disguise, why didn't he just bounce with Ben and murk Jacob?

And where does Claire fit in all this?
ohwell.gif

lol, this is hilarious... on some "I've never seen Batman and Bruce Wayne in the same place at the same time" #*%+...

Anyone else find it a bit odd that every time we saw the smoke monster or we thought we would see him that Locke had to leave to do something? Kind of like Superman / Clark Kent.

I also found it odd that John knew where the temple was. How would he know where Smokey lives? Him actually being Smokey would explain that.

Also, remember what Ben said... "dead is dead". Not even the island can bring someone back. Plus we all know that Smokey likes to take on the form of dead people.
http://www.4815162342.com...um/viewtopic.php?t=55572

Posted April 9
eek.gif

I have another theory. The other Ajira passengers are either VERY OLD or are decendents of those from the very early days of the island. And they apparently had the job of finding a "candidate" to take Jacob's place once he's dead. Hence the reason, Jacob met with Alana in the hospital. They were aware of the ramifications of the break in the ash ring.
Exactly what I was thinking as I rewatched the first two segments tonight! That's why they don't get rid of Lupidus and treat him nicely.

The conversation with "Locke" and Richard is pretty interesting when you go back the second time knowing that it isn't really Locke."That's the exact reason why i'm here" Locke says in reference to Jacob and his resurrection.

BUT that made me even more confused. If Locke's main objective was to kill Jacob, then what's the point of bringing the entire squad of the others withhim as well? I mean this Locke acts just like the Locke that we have all known to love (some hate) with his whole "forward progress" of being aleader. Even the water breaks seem JUST like something the real John Locke would do. He has his memory as well. Could it be that when he takes the form ofsomeone he recalls every memory that they have had before now?

In the opening black shirt dude says "it's always the same results" or whatever. So are people being brought to the island to be tested? BlackRock? Rousseau's crew? 815? I dunno if that even make's sense but it just popped in my head. Sorry.

If Christian was the one who told Locke he had to die to come back, then why would Jacob of even bothered saving Locke when he fell out of the window? If Jacobwould of just let him die then wouldn't the loophole not of even been possible?

I swear man an episode of this show has never driven me so crazy. Yeah, everything in the past has been mad speculation and questions/answers but this onereally stumped me. I can't even think about Jack and crew because honestly at this point, I don't care. Never has a show come even close to making meuse my head and be so deeply invested into it that I stay up researching history of the show/history pertaining to the show just to get my LOST"fix". I'm going to recruit new people to get on this show so that they can enjoy the last season of the best show in the history of television.

I can't wait for the write ups tomorrow. At least we have THAT to look forward too. Besides that, holler at 2010.

12. Another big scene is where they come up to the old Oceanic Camp. Locke/smokey tells them all to rest because they're "going to need it for what hehas planned for them."

Elaborate?

Yeah, Locke is trying to kill Jacob but at the same time he wants his people to have FULL belief and trust in him.

What in the HELL does he have up his sleeve?

Jacob did seem kind of content with dying like he knew it HAD to happen and was prepared for it. The Obi-Wan reference is pretty spot on IMO. If black shirtdude can take over people's bodies, i'm sure Jacob can too. (obviously)

Matthew was on Kimmel talking about the series finale and how everyone will be satisfied. Can't wait to see if this holds true.

Can someone explain how the hell did Widmore changed the rules and they (Widmore and Ben) can't also kill each other? Remember that scene from S4? Who madethe rules and what are those?

I think Jacob and the other guy are just playing a game. Jacob believes in the goodness inside everybody while the other guy believes that people areinherently bad and can be manipulated and corrupted. People come to the island to be tested. Jacob doesn't let Locke die, because its a part of the game,he knows that the other guy will possess him and cause people like Ben to be manipulated and choose the wrong side, hence him letting him choose if he wants tokill him. But in the grand picture of things I think Season 6 will show us that good will beat out bad, how I don't know, but it has to do with Losties.

btw, keep in mind that at one point the producers said that we'll come up with all these theories and explanations at the end of this season and thenthey'll all end up being totally wrong....

Now that they put Jacob and his nemesis out there, it's tempting to focus everything on them.... But remember that 99% of the show has been about theLosties, so they are the key. I wonder if this has to do with salvation -- whether or not someone who has had everything in life go against them (Sawyer,Sayid, etc.), can become good. Then again, Jacob is the reason Nadia dies, so I don't know.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

btw, keep in mind that at one point the producers said that we'll come up with all these theories and explanations at the end of this season and then they'll all end up being totally wrong....

Now that they put Jacob and his nemesis out there, it's tempting to focus everything on them.... But remember that 99% of the show has been about the Losties, so they are the key. I wonder if this has to do with salvation -- whether or not someone who has had everything in life go against them (Sawyer, Sayid, etc.), can become good. Then again, Jacob is the reason Nadia dies, so I don't know.
smile.gif

Maybe the reason Jacob never met Ben is because Ben never proved himself to be trustworthy due to his own greed. Jacob probably knew that Ben would try to killhim or take his position and that's why he stayed away from Ben the whole time to avoid that whole conflict. Ben has been tested and failed and that is whyhe was banished from the island but Ben himself found a loophole on how to get back while "Black shirt guy" found himself a loophole on how to killJacob. Once Christian's body was on the island he knew that he could take over dead people's bodies and he got the history between the oceanic flightand their conflicts and knew how to manipulate Ben to do his work for him and kill him. Maybe Locke isn't the total pawn some people think he is, but Benis actually the pawn in the whole scheme of things in working with the "black shirt guy". I mean, how else could he of summoned the smoke monster?

I firmly believe smokie=guy from opening scene=locke in this episode.

Anybody else think the seven cast members who the show ended with and will likely be the focus next season are representative of the seven deadly sins?
Lust - Sun (she cheated on her husband)
Gluttony - Hurley (no explanation necessary, dude has had issues with food throughout the entire show)
Greed - Sawyer (he's a con man)
Sloth - Jack (Jack didn't believe in himself and his abilities)
Wrath - Sayid (tortured people)
Envy - Locke (always thought he was meant for more)
Pride - Jin (all the issues he had with Sun and her pops)

There are other sins that can be attributed to the cast. Maybe Despair for Kate? Just some thoughts.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

12. Another big scene is where they come up to the old Oceanic Camp. Locke/smokey tells them all to rest because they're "going to need it for what he has planned for them."

Elaborate?
"THERE'S A WAR COMING, JOHN"-Ben

Locke is getting his crew ready for the war for the island that is about to start. That's what Ajira and 815 will be fighting for vs "FOCKE" andhis people.

?
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom