LOUISVILLE, KY heads

Anyone have any luck with the Cement 4's today??  I tried online last night until 2am.  Waste of time.

Mall St Matthews was crazy, so i drove over to Greentree Mall.  Was able to get a 9.5, but am trying to trade for a 11-12.  I may be taking a break for a while.

Online is best bet.  HOH in Lexington will probably get them, but from what I have been hearing from people in Lexington releases have been getting crazy lately.  So who knows.  I am open to any suggestions

As I get older, it's just not worth it anymore. The hypebeasts and stupid resellers have completely taken the fun out of it. Not to mention the prices completely going up and the quality going down.
I've still got most of my 00-01 retros and some OG's of my favorites so I'm pretty much done with the shoe game except for Frees, Lunars and Air Maxes. Really is sad that those two groups have
completely ruined it for true OG sneakerheads. Especially the ones who never saw or weren't even alive when MJ played the game.
mad.gif

/rant off

Looks like NDC will be the way to go. My hook up for HOH Lexington just told me they only getting 12 pairs of the Galaxy foams and they doing wristbands.

^^^^^just so u know, everyone in this thread has a "hook-up" in HOH. however they never seem to come thru lol

I know how the game works, been doing it for years. I also know a few people in this thread and they have hook ups. Someones hook ups will come through, I can't speak for anyone in particular in this thread, but I know the ones that really want these will get them. I have not been to the HOH in Lex. yet, but I know a trip down there when they only have 10 pairs of foams, 1 size each, is not even worth thinking about for me. Those shoes were gone as soon as they were allocated to that store. Just like the 1st Altitude release at Footaction in J-Mall back in 05.
The game has changed quite a bit over the past few years and re-sellers have ruined it imo. This release only proves it because the majority of people who want these know how much they will fetch on ebay, buy sell forum, etc.They feed the machine and Nike knows it, that's why we have all of these "Limited" releases now. Nike told us that we were going to see a lot more of these releases a couple of years back and they are catering to the re-sellers. Sad thing is most of the people in this thread want them to wear or for their collection. The LS Jordan releases were bad enough, but at least they were more easily attainable. 

Ok, I'm done venting, back to work. Good luck to you guys who are going to be trying ndc Friday night! I hope at lease one of us are lucky. If you got a hook up at HOH in Lex, hopefully you get yours as well. 
wink.gif
 :tongue:ause

I hate to say it but no one has a HOH's connect. Simply, because all the employee's buy what they can when they can.

I live in Lexington for school and even though it's only Lexington, local people are catching on to the store.

Good luck all...

roll.gif
This is wild.. 
 I wish Nike still made the air force 1 x Jordan hybrid. Half these guys drooled over them, and made it easier to pick up key releases..

Well NDC screwed me now with no shot of trying to get these foams, oh well guess not meant for me right now.

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

I know how the game works, been doing it for years. I also know a few people in this thread and they have hook ups. Someones hook ups will come through, I can't speak for anyone in particular in this thread, but I know the ones that really want these will get them. I have not been to the HOH in Lex. yet, but I know a trip down there when they only have 10 pairs of foams, 1 size each, is not even worth thinking about for me. Those shoes were gone as soon as they were allocated to that store. Just like the 1st Altitude release at Footaction in J-Mall back in 05.
The game has changed quite a bit over the past few years and re-sellers have ruined it imo. This release only proves it because the majority of people who want these know how much they will fetch on ebay, buy sell forum, etc.They feed the machine and Nike knows it, that's why we have all of these "Limited" releases now. Nike told us that we were going to see a lot more of these releases a couple of years back and they are catering to the re-sellers. Sad thing is most of the people in this thread want them to wear or for their collection. The LS Jordan releases were bad enough, but at least they were more easily attainable. 

Ok, I'm done venting, back to work. Good luck to you guys who are going to be trying ndc Friday night! I hope at lease one of us are lucky. If you got a hook up at HOH in Lex, hopefully you get yours as well. 
wink.gif
 :tongue:ause

This. Exactly why I'm not much into it anymore. All's I really like nowadays are OG colors, and a few select releases time to time. Iv'e completely given up on trying to get any  "limited releases", few appeal to me, but when they do I know my chances are slim to none at copping for retail, mostly none. Even so called general releases I've been unsuccessful with such as concords and IV's. 

That's all I have been buying lately are og colors and select retro colors of the shoes I had or couldn't afford back in the day. Occasionally something comes out that I like and it just so happens to have a damn limited tag on it or you can only get it on the moon.

I won't even enter this convo, or I'd be out of my element 
laugh.gif

CscottJMP - I'll hit you up when I get a list compiled of stuff I'm gonna be moving.
I had been wanting to do some 180 iDs since they went up. I've always liked the 180 and think it's one of the more underrated AMs, but the majority of colorway treatments its gotten haven't shown its potential IMO.  I had been messing with designs off and on for a couple months, but I couldn't decide between them. So I decided to get several and see which ones turned out best in the flesh.
2cxw803.jpg

4gmbd5.jpg

349ay3d.jpg

34dhcso.jpg

Now I have to decide which ones to keep 
laugh.gif

^Nice

Anyone grab an extra cement IV in a 10 or 10.5? I'm not asking for retail, don't mind paying the mark up. Let me know.

Cheapest I have saw is for 260 on craigslist and the person lives in PRP, he has both 10 & 10.5. 
If I would have known I would of kept the size 10 I got from Finish Line, but I returned it to the shady bastards after I got my size 9.5 from champs.

Anyone heard anything about the release at HOH in Lexington?  Wonder how crazy it is down there. 

I had to laugh on Craigslist there is a guy asking $500 for his size 10 Cement IVs.  It is getting out of hand.

From the galaxy thread:
DWalk31 wrote:
Drove a little bit to go to HOH in Kentucky....Had to be 60+ police and a wagon. Police told us we couldn't be on the premises until 4am...They made everyone move their cars multiple times. So at about 3:45 a bunch of people run on the property. I drive over and asked the police what happened to 4 am...Cop told me don't worry about it I can line up or leave...Bout 200 had lined up, they had 12 pairs...needless to say I left. 
eyes.gif
 Wonder how that ended up.

Thanks for the post hanhaze.  Doesnt sound pretty.  Also sounds similar to Mall St Matthews with the Security saying you could not be on property until a certain time, and then when you come back therre already 50 people in line. 
laugh.gif

i heard a bunch of random kids ran to the front of the line for the foams....yelling about "these r going for 50k" sad stuff.

i really wanted the foams but not camping for em or paying crazy prices....eff that!!! i was lucky to get the other 3 AS shoes and double up on the lbjs. also picked up the DW 1s from nike 2 weeks ago so that really completes my AS collection this yr.

Back
Top Bottom