Love, Sex, and Monogamy.

Alright. 
I was watching an older episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 4, the episode "The Survivor". 

The character Larry is about to renew his vows with his wife for their 10 year anniversary.

He remembers that before they got married his wife promised him that on their 10 year anniversary he could sleep with another woman.

He visits his Rabbi and he assures him that if his wife approves he is not doing wrong because she wants him to do it for his happiness. A kind gesture.

So from there on he attempts to fullfil this.

This is when I thought are relationships meant to be polygamous? (sleeping with more than one partner).
Is it unnatural to be with ONE person?
Do you honestly think you can be with one person for your entire life? REALLY?
Is there something wrong with it more than it's deviation from the accepted moral structure we've created?
Can you actually grow, personally; emotionally and intimately with your wife/girlfriend/partner once you've both agreed you can protectively see other people? 
Because you are accepting each other's freedom, and still love each other?

I've always understood being jealous, not wanting my partner to sleep with others.
But in my own mind, I've always felt like it wasn't a huge deal if I did, which is totally @%!#@% up.

man it's hard not to want to have sex with other women regardless of relationship status.

a few stoned thoughts.

A lot of people believe that it is unnatural to be monogamous. I tend to agree. But finding that ONE special girl sounds so romantic 
embarassed.gif

But I don't see it as feasible, unless life circumstances make it reasonable. 
eyes.gif

Watched that episode the other week. I'd have no problem if that girl was Cheryl Hines. Aye dnt judge.

Anyways I think once you find someone special you'd understand.

I'm not no Mr. Billy Badass, steel hearted-emotionless robot/ coldblooded killa yuh dig? Maybe the badass coldblooded killer part is true, but the others remain intact.
I've been in loves before. But i've always wanted to have sex with other women. 

When I "resisted the urges" it was always out of respect for my partners feelings or morals. 

But i've never really talked about it with a chick. Maybe she would be like damb, I think the same way deep within my mind I just never let anyone know.

And since you never let someone know you just try to creep and take +$$@ to the grave and feel bad and $@*$ up your love life and be sad and want love and +$$@.

We've been conditioned into how to view love, romance and something special.

Anyone ever been in a long term relationship? Honestly...how damn special are things in three or four years? lol. 

The happiest people are those couples that really let you be individuals and embrace that, and quit giving a +$$@ about the guidelines of dating and intimacy and be free wid it.

But I guess romantic "freedom" is subjective. 

back in the loop..

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

But I guess romantic "freedom" is subjective. 

there you have it...

some people swear swinging has made their relationship more open and honest...

i guess when you can share something like that w/your partner it would make it easier to talk about just about anything else...

I too have pondered this.

It literally seems unfeasible to stay with one significant other for a significantly long time without pursing some type of physical interaction with someone else. I also would argue that you can be in love and "love" multiple people as well.

Back
Top Bottom