LULZSEC Hacks 60,000 + accounts and releases E-mail and PW information - Check if you were hit!

I think I got got a couple days ago.
I try to check my email from my iphone and it says I didn't enter the correct password.
Mind you I've had this email account for over 2 years.
I see that my email was compromised and then I had to answer my old security questions I barely remembered the answers.
laugh.gif

Lulzsec
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

I think I got got a couple days ago.
I try to check my email from my iphone and it says I didn't enter the correct password.
Mind you I've had this email account for over 2 years.
I see that my email was compromised and then I had to answer my old security questions I barely remembered the answers.
laugh.gif

Lulzsec
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pwneweded

Originally Posted by romedadude

A list of the passwords
Is this the entire list of 60,000+ passwords stolen? If so, then I should be good. I can't get the search box on Gizmodo to work, or it's taking too long. So, was what was released just a list of passwords? No emails or account names or anything?

Lulz hacked Sega?
Dear cjelly,

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on csescalations@sega.com

This is an email being sent out to Sega Pass members, I'm not a member, got this from GAF.

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Originally Posted by romedadude

A list of the passwords
Is this the entire list of 60,000+ passwords stolen? If so, then I should be good. I can't get the search box on Gizmodo to work, or it's taking too long. So, was what was released just a list of passwords? No emails or account names or anything?

E-mails with their respective passwords

Originally Posted by likethematrix

LulzSec is a False Flag Cyber terrorism group that is a joint venture with the FBI and CIA to make NECESSARY "Tighter internet regulations"

now the pubilc is going to be "fearful of online hackers who hack for fun" and push obama's already existing Bill for no internet anonymity. everyone will need to give or have a number just to use the internet.

this is cause they are going to lose the wikileaks court battle and need a way to stop the public from learning the governments secrets.

this is complete BS.

when you have to use your SSN for internet service dont say HBW didnt tell you the truth first.
worth repeating.

our government is just as smart as you think they are.
and they are just as dumb and simple minded......and so are we.

good luck to our future.

[h1]Report: LulzSec Releases Xbox Live Info[/h1]
xbox%20livelogo.jpg

Hacker group LulzSec has released emails and passwords for some people's Xbox Live account info, among other sites and services.

The group dumped a list of 62,000 emails and passwords on a file sharing site (the list has been taken down multiple times) for accounts of sites and services like Xbox Live, PayPal, WOW, and much more (confirmed on LulzSec's Twitter, even). We've also had one poor reader tell us the credit card attached to his Xbox Live account has already been hit for $100 and the account's password changed.

LulzSec has also been involved in attacks on Nintendo, Minecraft, EVE Online, and (of course) Sony, among others. And for those of you keeping score out there, hactivists Anonymous deal more in denial of service attacks, while exposing user info is one of LulzSec's deals. Whatever the method or rationale, though, it's annoying.

Just to clarify: LulzSec hasn't hacked Xbox Live, they've simply released people's emails and passwords that may pertain to an Xbox Live or PayPal or WOW, etc. account.

from game informer

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Lulz hacked Sega?

Dear cjelly,

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on csescalations@sega.com

This is an email being sent out to Sega Pass members, I'm not a member, got this from GAF.

Whomever is handling their twitter replied to Sega and asked them if they wanted them to catch whomever hacked Sega. So I don't think it was LulzSec

LulzSec is a False Flag Cyber terrorism group that is a joint venture with the FBI and CIA to make NECESSARY "Tighter internet regulations"

now the pubilc is going to be "fearful of online hackers who hack for fun" and push obama's already existing Bill for no internet anonymity. everyone will need to give or have a number just to use the internet.

this is cause they are going to lose the wikileaks court battle and need a way to stop the public from learning the governments secrets.

this is complete BS.

when you have to use your SSN for internet service dont say HBW didnt tell you the truth first.
OF COURSE, I knew there would be some stupid conspiracy post 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by xanadu one

worth repeating.

our government is just as smart as you think they are.
and they are just as dumb and simple minded......and so are we.

good luck to our future.
after watching this video I'm starting to wonder how many cyber attacks the government might be behind..

Stuxnet: Anatomy of a Computer Virus from Patrick Clair on Vimeo.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Where do these people learn how to hack though? I doubt they get this good by just picking up tips here and there from google/"x" website.

I believe they learn "internet languages" like C++ and stuff like that.
Not too sure tho, JamesEarl knows more about this stuff than me.
   Programming itself doesn't teach hacking, hacking has to due to finding exploits and exploiting it. Programming helps understand flaws and ways to circumvent security.

Hackers dont just select targets, they find weak targets. Say they find an exploit on a certain message board version, they'll use google to find every site that used that message board version to find victims.  No one way to hacking.

But having a collective group of hackers allow methods to be shared/learned much easier.  Their is a reason hacks are only mention after its been exploited, they cant guarantee they can hack anybody.   The things they could do to gaurantee chaos tho are things like DDOS attacks. The term Hacker is a very general term,  but these so called "hackers" love it because it instill fear on people.

Online accounts might be breached by  SQL Injections, sometimes as simple as guessing a password or obtaining public info for the security questions.  Things like Sql injections becomes public information but it gets patched pretty quickly, but not everyone updates/upgrade versions with patched versions, and real hackers dont follow exploits that are publicly available they find them.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

[h1]Report: LulzSec Releases Xbox Live Info[/h1]
xbox%20livelogo.jpg

Hacker group LulzSec has released emails and passwords for some people's Xbox Live account info, among other sites and services.

The group dumped a list of 62,000 emails and passwords on a file sharing site (the list has been taken down multiple times) for accounts of sites and services like Xbox Live, PayPal, WOW, and much more (confirmed on LulzSec's Twitter, even). We've also had one poor reader tell us the credit card attached to his Xbox Live account has already been hit for $100 and the account's password changed.

LulzSec has also been involved in attacks on Nintendo, Minecraft, EVE Online, and (of course) Sony, among others. And for those of you keeping score out there, hactivists Anonymous deal more in denial of service attacks, while exposing user info is one of LulzSec's deals. Whatever the method or rationale, though, it's annoying.

Just to clarify: LulzSec hasn't hacked Xbox Live, they've simply released people's emails and passwords that may pertain to an Xbox Live or PayPal or WOW, etc. account.

from game informer

+@%% i better change my pass im one of those idiots with the same password  to everything 
frown.gif
alien.gif

yeah okay..

Back
Top Bottom