Lupe Fiasco and Lil Wayne are on the same level lyrically.

6a00d83451eb0069e2011570ea5170970c-800wi

I don't see how someone can listen to Enemy Of The State (Just one example... There's still his 2 other albums, plus mixtapes) & listen to those metaphors, references, & double / triple entendres & stand by that statement.
nerd.gif

I mean, he has a story running throughout 2 albums on a bunch of different tracks
eek.gif
sick.gif
& as I mentioned, I haven't seen Wayne drop anything lyrically that can compare to anything on Enemy Of The State (Like I said, thats only 1 example too...)

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Although IMO Wayne isn't as good lyrically nowadays, that's the craft that he mastered and Lupe is still figuring out. So the comparison isn't exactly straghtforward.

are you saying wayne mastered the craft of being lyrical and lupe is still trying to figure it out?

Originally Posted by dline59

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Although IMO Wayne isn't as good lyrically nowadays, that's the craft that he mastered and Lupe is still figuring out. So the comparison isn't exactly straghtforward.

are you saying wayne mastered the craft of being lyrical and lupe is still trying to figure it out?

No, I'm saying that these dudes make music for different people in mind so the comparison in lyrics is inherently invalid. There's also skill and work involved in spitting for the general mainstream music listeners (which spans across more demographics and audiences).

This thread is like saying a toaster is better than a juice blender because it can make toast and the blender doesn't. It's flawed thinking...different things for different purposes.

It seems these days that if you don't use double entendres your not lyrical. I don't agree with that not saying Wayne is better than Lupe. I think Lupe is probably the best out.

I'm just saying its several ways to be a great lyricist without going so deep.

So you gonna act like Carter 3, I am not a human being and Rebirth never happened?
oh.
Tupack Shaker wrote:

Was anything I said about Lupe untrue? The dude is fraudulent. At least Lil Wayne makes music that is listenable.

The fact that you call Lupe fraudulent like Wayne is the realest dude ever is just laughable
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I had a post typed out but continued reading through this thread and what you posted.
This is all you deserve......
eyes.gif

This... But I'll Just Leave These Bars Here...

Wasalu Said:

evil minded like crane
they became deranged like the rover that I rolled
that was the waynes that I drove when I was a little bit older
mayne declaring war on the deck like they the joker
all while they duckin from bruce wayne
while they poker with the devil
and our moonlitten ghetto

Wasalu Later in Same Song Had The Audacity To State:
cause I can't feel the field _'s chains
though I covete mine, so I covered mine in bling
then I bumped into a bum and covered mine in shame
then I bumped into a hun and uncovered mine again
diamonds been underminded mayne, they give a _ with no mac another kinda game
see money talks in another kinda slang

... I'll just leave those Bars there...

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

It seems these days that if you don't use double entendres your not lyrical. I don't agree with that not saying Wayne is better than Lupe. I think Lupe is probably the best out.

I'm just saying its several ways to be a great lyricist without going so deep.

People here don't understand that. Ask the dude who said Tupac is an overrated rapper
laugh.gif
Good lyricism is different for different people. More complex metaphors =/= "better" lyrics. A rapper like 50 in his prime spit some of the best verses at the time IMO and he didn't do it with wordplay.

I love Lupe but these dudes must not talk to people who don't, because alot of them don't care for what he spits. Lupe's lyrical complexity (here defined in this thread as using words with layered meanings) can also be his weakness when relating to some audiences - not because they aren't intelligent, but because at the end of the day they prefer artists who can express the music that they can relate to without hiding behind a quintuple entendre.

Lupe makes his music specifically for the "layered meanings" crowd. Wayne doesn't.

food & liquor + the cool > anything lil wayne has made.
edit: sad that people turned on lupe with the quickness after Lasers 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Yall would honestly bump Lupe the Killer in the whip? 
laugh.gif

o ok i get it now, if a song doesent bump in the whip its trash
laugh.gif
......and the fact that you even tried to compare wayne to lupe lyricly is hilarious on so many levels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly

Even though you're obviously a troll, Lil' Wayne is one step above garbage. He can make good songs here and their, but he has one of the worst flows/deliveries in rap.

I'm just saying since they are on the same level lyrically lets compare them musically. And musically Wayne's songs are better.

who lied to you fam. this is why this thread is pointless.

Wayne is mediocre lyrically nowadays, his flow has been what's bailing him out most of the time. Here and there he'll come through with a verse though.

Wayne might put out a better total package when it comes to music but no way is he on the same level as lupe when it comes to them lyrics

OP u so silly, thinkin Wayne and Lupe are = lyrically.

Also, this is like comparin apples to oranges as far as styles go.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Yall would honestly bump Lupe the Killer in the whip? 
laugh.gif

o ok i get it now, if a song doesent bump in the whip its trash
laugh.gif
......and the fact that you even tried to compare wayne to lupe lyricly is hilarious on so many levels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly

Even though you're obviously a troll, Lil' Wayne is one step above garbage. He can make good songs here and their, but he has one of the worst flows/deliveries in rap.

Although I agree that this thread is outlandish and OP is totally wrong, This statement is inaccurate in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom