Lupe Fiasco Appreciation

First let me just say good #$%*, very few people on nt these days are actually willing to discuss music...Food & Liquor is definitely a better album butjust like F&L, the Cool is also one of my favorite albums of the last decade...imo, everything you said is just testament to how good F&L actuallyis...personally i think the MJ comparison and to say The Cool was mediocre, even by Lupe's standards may be a little harsh...One of my favorite thingsabout both albums is the fact that if you took a handful of Lupe fans, they would all nominate different tracks as the best with the exception of a fewparticulars...personally Little Weapon and the Die are two of my favorite songs off the cool while the Instrumental and Pressure imo are two of my favoritetracks on F&L...none of which have been mentioned in this thread so far...I definitely dont think the The Cool was a regression by any means on Lupe'spart...It may not be as good as F&L but thats why when you drop a classic as your debut album the fallow up is always going to be judged that much harder

i agree mostly with what thesimplest said, F&L lyrically is beyond the cool on so many levels.
While i enjoy most tracks on the cool, most of the songs lack the content that songs like hurt me soul, and american terrorist had which i really liked aboutF&L.
Either way, i enjoy both albums quite a bit.

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Lupe is a definite

td.jpg

to me

/post
I dont think anyone on planet earth respects your opinion when it comes to music.
same goes for sports
laugh.gif

lupe is that dude
pimp.gif
... definitely appreciated...

'Gota Eat' corny? Crazy..that track is so clever its ridiculous. Dudes are crazy acting like 'The Cool' isn't good. Its really an excellentalbum and probably my favorite from last year.

Lupe 1 of my favorites at the moment. Hate to see L.U.P.End being his last album.

He was good at USC. I gave my kuzins and friends one of these
indifferent.gif
and this
alien.gif
when they said he sucked.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

'Gota Eat' corny? Crazy..that track is so clever its ridiculous. Dudes are crazy acting like 'The Cool' isn't good. Its really an excellent album and probably my favorite from last year.

^ its clever but the whole idea is kind of corny. I really hope he doesn't continue that on the next album. But U R right, it is a really goodalbum.

Originally Posted by LB81986

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

'Gota Eat' corny? Crazy..that track is so clever its ridiculous. Dudes are crazy acting like 'The Cool' isn't good. Its really an excellent album and probably my favorite from last year.

^ its clever but the whole idea is kind of corny. I really hope he doesn't continue that on the next album. But U R right, it is a really good album.
I agree, it is a really good album. After putting out such a magnificent debut though, it is hard to call The Cool, excellent. I guess it'sjust the curse when releasing such a great debut: Incredible debut, and good sophomore effort (which really isnt comparable to the Debut, but goodnonetheless)...
examples: Going from Illmatic to IWW
" " Reasonable Doubt to Vol 1
" " Doe or Die to Pieces of a Man

..The cool may have been one of the best albums of 2007, but F&L is one of the highlights of the decade. To compare them would almost be an insult toF&L..

Wow, his show in NY at SOB's blew my mind. Everything was amazing and Nikki looks so good live. Anyone else catch this show? Dude really went all out...Ihaven't gone to many concerts but out of all the ones I attended, this might just be my favorite. It lasted for almost two hours, much longer than Iexpected. The live band, the hype of the crowd, his and the bands energy, the guest appearances....everything was just the way it should've been. WOw.
eek.gif

Anyone gone to one of his shows recently? He's coming up to Portland next month and I'd like to go. Don't like anything he put out after 2007, though. I know it'd probably be a lot of his newer stuff. :smh:

One of my favorite to see live. I saw him last in June 15. It was the Tetsou album. Show was dope. Charles Hamilton opened for him @jordanhead2

Drogas light was a 4/10 at best.

no need for excuses of throwaways and such.

NGL tho:smokin
City of year

Back
Top Bottom