Lupe Fiasco Drogas Waves out now - Who needs 7 tracks for a great album?

Not feeling this album at all... If Atlantic was the reason for him putting out weak albums before, whats the excuse for his first indie album being trash?

Didn't know he had an album coming out. Reading mixed reviews about it, honestly not in a rush to peep it. Haven't heard any of the music he's put out after Tetsuo & Youth, but I really enjoyed that album, I hope it's on par with that.

Not feeling this album at all... If Atlantic was the reason for him putting out weak albums before, whats the excuse for his first indie album being trash?

This album is a collection of vaulted songs between Lasers-Tetsuo & Youth to fully fulfill his obligations to Atlantic. Lupe has said it's suppose to be a appetizer for Drogas and Skulls, which are his final 2 albums in which he had full control over with no interference from Atlantic, hence the name Drogas LIGHT.

This album is a collection of vaulted songs between Lasers-Tetsuo & Youth to fully fulfill his obligations to Atlantic. Lupe has said it's suppose to be a appetizer for Drogas and Skulls, which are his final 2 albums in which he had full control over with no interference from Atlantic, hence the name Drogas LIGHT.

sick of this kind of crap. weak excuse.

:smh:

I actually like this album.

Some good songs on here. Only thing I can say is that it doesnt have a true direction maybe???

Saturday night for ******Astronauts and alcohol
We're like satellites for strippers
Runnin' 'round and 'round she go

smokin.gif

only halfway through but I'm diggin it.

highly anticipating DrogasDeep 

Oii. I'm on my 2nd spin. Album is really trendy/Pop sounding for the most part. Kinda Pablo approached it...need to resonate ...hopefully more stuff comes soon.

This should have been a mixtape then honestly. I don't want to pay for it now knowing this...

Lupe calling this a "refined Lasers" or whatever makes me not want to entertain this at all :lol:

Lupe's worst album easily. I have no interest in replaying this new album as sooooo many of the tracks on here feel forced. It's hard to believe this is the same guy who made Food and Liquor.

Super trash album, I don't even know how he could get in the studio and make these type of tracks.

Y'all should read his own review of the album. He said that most of these tracks are old tracks that had a similar sound and that anything that was too jazzy or lyrical were dumped and held for the next two albums. He's pretty much clearing out the vault.

Y'all should read his own review of the album. He said that most of these tracks are old tracks that had a similar sound and that anything that was too jazzy or lyrical were dumped and held for the next two albums. He's pretty much clearing out the vault.[/q

Thank God

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom