Lupe Fiasco Drogas Waves out now - Who needs 7 tracks for a great album?

I'ma be real pissed if I get this and he still rapping over dubstep
There some lasers sounding beats.

and1play5 and1play5
That last part
giphy.gif

Lupe proves you can make a great lyrical album without it being a snoozefest. Cole and Kendrick should take notes.

Wasn't expecting to like this album at all but I honestly enjoy it from front to back.
I wish that Crack song he previewed was on it though.
This album is so good it almost removes the memory of that LASERS trash

Last edited:
Along with the Chris Brown one
Yeah that's the one. Think it was titled Crack.
Sounded like a huge slapper. Hopefully we get it as a loose track or something.
After listening to the full album it would be a bit out of place.

Last edited:
Really like the different seasons tracks, really calming.
After first listen of Murals it seemed like he was saying a lot but not saying anything at all but I didn't listen closely.

Deleted after first listen through and copping Tuesday, really enjoyed this album a lot. Can't wait to see him perform it

View media item 1356638
Listened to TRON a few times hoping to find some direct references to the Cool story but I'm not seeing it.
I'm guessing the title is just alluding to the fact that when the Cool died he resurrected. Any thoughts?

Second verse:
"Coolest, tulips, flowers, fall from the towers
Like galls from Galileo to lay low" ?

Last edited:
I didn't know the album was releasing in a few days because I wasn't keeping up with this thread recently. Based upon the reviews in here I hope this album delivers.

"The Cool" concept was so unique. The storyline was crazy. But damn this album is a great balance of great beats and crazy lyrics. He put his heart into this project. Lasers , F&L 2..are projects where he clearly wasn't happy. I felt Lasers was forced by the execs. He went rock bottom and became less relevant. People forgot how talented he was. You can tell he wanted to remind people how good he is. I think that Prisioners track was pointed at Atlantic Records.

Last edited:
Lupe proves you can make a great lyrical album without it being a snoozefest. Cole and Kendrick should take notes.

Wasn't expecting to like this album at all but I honestly enjoy it from front to back.
I wish that Crack song he previewed was on it though.
This album is so good it almost removes the memory of that LASERS trash

huh?

So far, and I haven't listened front to back other than once. But the album is on the same level as FnL2 to me, there are a few tracks I REALLY enjoy, but nothing else has really stuck out to me. I definitely need to listen more. But I just don't see this having too much replay value.

The production for the most part is pretty solid though.

The KTT forums are breaking and dissecting this down like crazy . The nuances and hidden meanings and symbolism in thisalbum are ridiculous

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom