LUPE THE KILLER BREAKDOWN...

spot rusherz

Banned
I remember someone posted a breakdown of this !!%% awhile ago...

I found a thread where someone broke it down on another site
nerd.gif

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unh! I bring you murder in the first
And even as we speak we gettin further in this verse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

murder in the first degree, murder in the first verse. he references this again at the beginning of the 2nd verse with the "187 on my second"

Quote:
Mercy, he's a mess! So immersed in his murk
He's two thirds submerged below the surface where they surf

obviously talking about water. 2/3 of the earth is covered by water
murk=slang for murder

Quote:
This is where I lay it down like a bird givin birth
So call me Lu the Giant's Goose or just, Faberge paint
Til I'm called back to the shore by the watchers of the Bay

besides the obvious bird wordplay (and extended water metaphor):
Lu= Sweet Lou= Lou Piniella
Goose= Goose Gossage
they were teammates on the New York Yankees. Goose was a pitcher
the Giants (baseball) also originated in New York. they moved to San Francisco. hence the line about the Bay.

Quote:
I wait, til I come back like a tsunami
Never microwave like the watchers of the weight
I'm wrapped in aluminum foil, I do my dirt like Kwame
Until that same soil bein pushed into my grave

-obviously continuing the water wordplay.
-never microwave...Tsunami's are large waves, not micro, as in small.
-"never microwave like the watchers of the weight"…Weight Watchers make microwavable food plans.
-"I'm wrapped in aluminum foil"…you can't put aluminum foil in the microwave
-watchers of the weight= drug dealers
- "never microwave"= his doesn't get hot
- Kwame was Earth, the black dude on Captain Planet. meaning, he does his dirty work with his boys. When they came together, they were unstoppable (i'llget back to this)

Quote:
Until that same soil bein pushed into my grave
But I'm so ahead of my time, the next day
Might strike oil while I have layed, homie I'm so crude
Texas T, haters is so screwed
But I can't feel it like a flathead in a Philips
Don't get it twisted, I'm no tool

-obviously referencing the "dirt" he does like Kwame.
-Texas Tea is slang for oil. also slang for sizzurp
-"screwed" starting the hardware wordplay. screwed also means to make a drink alcoholic. chopped and screwed music also originated in Houston, TX
-twisted as in the action you do to a screw. also means to get drunk

Quote:
More cool than a pool in a blizzard
With ice cubes in it during Christmas
Meanin there's no school, i'm a misfit
Like I'm throwin a fit
Or I just can't fit it, tidbit too big
gotta hem it til it's fresh to death
Dressed to kill it, like unh

-no school during Christmas. misfit as in a bad kid who doesn't go to school.
-throwing a fit like a temper tantrum. fit also as in outfit
-"or I just can't fit it" as in clothing
- tidbit too big, meaning it's barely too big. tidbits are also the things you put on a bit wrench (hardware wordplay again)
-he's gotta hem his to fit. (i.e, dumb down his lyrics to cater to hip-hop heads)

Quote:
Unh! 187 on my second, I reckon
This is an assault with a deadly session
A soft peace and blessins to the sentence that be reppin
All across in every direction, locality, and section

-187= murder. muder in the second degree, murder in the 2nd verse.
-sentence as in the structure of speech. sentence as in a prison term
-He's saying getting away with murder. He's killing the track and nobody is even catching the .

Quote:
Give it how I live it most won't believe
Or achieve how I did it most won't recieve
Til I leave and I bereave the secrets of my sickness
How I, flooded the streets like Venice

aside from the ridiculous multisyllabic schemes in there, he's saying he won't get the respect he deserves until he's dead.
he's also referencing his boys who move weight on the side to help support him (how him and his boys "do dirt like Kwame", which'll come upagain in the 3rd verse)

i'm getting tired of explaining the real obvious ones, so if you don't get the Venice line, smack yourself.

Quote:
I'm Colonel Mustard with the speech
They ain't catchin me, no suspicions of stickin
No convictions on my rap sheet
I'm so committed, lay my murder game, that's sweet

-people aren't catching all the slick he's saying in his lyrics (getting away with murder)
also using it as a metaphor to not getting caught by the law, hence the "no suspicions" or charges "stickin" or"convictions on his rapsheet" (referencing his slick lyrics again, as well as his clean legal record.) he's "commiting" murder right in front of everyone butnobody's catching him.

Quote:
Speakeasy like Prohibition, no admission
If you ain't knockin like me to the underground bar, buryin a toast
Dodgin the raid like roach, please

-Speakeasy's were the illegal bars during prohibition. speakeasy also obviously meaning he spits like this easily
-you had to use a password or a special knock to get into most Speakeasy's
-most Speakeasy's were underground, hence underground bar
-underground bar-barian. Lupe is an underground MC and he's a savage with his bars.
-Speakeasy's got raided like drug spots do today. referencing his boys once again.

now, the 3rd verse is on a whole other level of wordplay.

Quote:
Unh! I make it give up the ghost
On the trifecta, the third, I differ

-give up the ghost means to give up. He's murdering/beating up the track into submission.
The third as in the 3rd verse. To hit a Trifecta when betting on horseracing means you got the first 3 places right. Meaning, he "got" (killed) all 3verses.
Ghost. TRIFEcta. Ghostface and Trife Da God. (remember this "Ghost" reference for later)

Quote:
, you ain't heard? My lecture like Lector
Letcha in on a secret, but you can't leak it

his "lecture" (teaching with his lyrics) is like Hannibal Lector. in the movie Hannibal, he opens up dudes skull and exposes his brain. Lupe'sopening dude's minds.

he's about to let y'all in on the secret of 1st and 15th

Quote:
Lupe's the killa, killa, killa, killa
Since my entrance, my had packs
They moved 'em to a trap like Winston
Far from bustas, baby nah
All my homies henchmen
I was the rhymer, my talk went through the walls like Slimer

-since the beginning his boys had packs...as in drug bundles. First and 15th was built on drug money (word to his boy/business partner getting busted withbricks of H and yay a couple months ago)
-trap as in the drug spot.
-"like Winston". Winston cigarrette packs.
-Winston Churchhill was said to have been in a "trap" when he joined the WW2 conflict.
-busta's....Ghostbusters. Winston was also one of the Ghostbusters. packs...the Ghostbusters always had those backpacks on.
"Far from bustas, baby nah
All my homies henchmen"
-his boys are far from lames (bustas). henchmen are villains.
"far from Bustas, my homies Henchmen...i was the Rhymer"
- Busta Rhymes. his bodyguard is Jimmy Henchmen.
his boys were never far away from him like Busta's bodyguard. (so don't with him)

Heres the last part of the breakdown...

Quote:
I was the rhymer, my talk went through the walls like Slimer
Or like, eatin vagina

"rhymer" completing the whole Busta Rhymes wordplay.
Lupe was the rhymer. he was the frontman of the whole drug operation. his boys did the dirty work behind the scene and used it to front his legal hip-hopoperation.
"talk went through the walls" the cops were listening. Slimer (from Ghostbusters) could go through walls.
Eating vagina...vaginal walls.

Quote:
Or, a stray bullet, whichever ways I put it
Crooks was hooked like crux through neighborhoods I pushed it
Little Caesar #%$!!% pizzas was like book it
Delivery mean like Leroy Green

"crooks was hooked like crux"...they had fiends hooked like crux (a constellation that looks like a fishhook)
Little Caesar obviously referencing the pies they "delivered"
"delivery mean like Leroy Green"
Lupe's delivery in rhyming, and his boys delivery of the drugs...Leroy Green was an actor who played in the story of Bruce Lee's biopic "The LastDragon"...mean "punch" delivery, like Lupe's punchlines....Leroy Green is also a hollywood writer...he's credited as a writer for whatmovie? Ghostbusters.
"Little Caesar #%$!!% pizzas was like book it"
Book it as in police terms. (to put somebody on the books) rapper Lil Caese helped put Lil Kim "on the books" when he testified against her.

If anything, I came in here just to mention how much $!% this song kicks. What I got back from this thread was a breakdown of lyrics I knew was insane butnever thought to breakdown.

The only line I knew after the first listen was about Kwame. After umpteen listens, I get so caught up in the beat, but the wordplay is beyond belief...

I think some of the references are too overthought, but this is dope nonetheless.

damn lupe is a straight beast with his lyrics.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. and i hate when people say that he's not nice, lyrically he's better than 99% percent of the garbage
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
that people call artist out here.

Originally Posted by EvansST

In my opinion (I have said it before) he is the best rap lyricist ever.

I agree.
eek.gif

That's absolutley incredible how everything fits in so perfectly.
Like the Leroy Green/Ghostbusters ref through the whole 3rd verse.
I've read this before but it still blows my mind.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, from what I could remember, blazinjkid broke down the lyrics a long time ago. I really don't know what to say...if this doesn't prove his skillsthen I don't what will.

Theres a FEW Nas gems like this out there...

Thats the only other artist I came think of that gets close to THIS

Me and my homies was play freestylin and this dude tried to spit verses from Lupe the Killer. I almost smacked his dome off lol.

Back
Top Bottom