LupEND to be a 3 Disc Album

3 disc?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

He could make history with this. Going platinum will be easy too since they will count 1 album has selling 3 discs.

yep, son would only have to sell 333,333 albums...
laugh.gif
he's actually gonna go 2x platinum

as far as this whole 3 disc ordeal goes, like any one im skeptical but if i had to pick an artist to do a 3 disc album Lupe would be one of them...i mean theFNF series was golden, so were one or two other mixtapes, plus F&L and the Cool, dudes been more the consistent...also with Lupe, you know he's notgonna suffer from a lack of focus...final judgement...cant @%!@#! wait for this

Is this concrete info?

Each disc will prolly have 8-10 tracks if so or maybe 10-12

Or it could be a double disc and a bonus dvd

Originally Posted by All Ready

Is this concrete info?

Each disc will prolly have 8-10 tracks if so or maybe 10-12

Or it could be a double disc and a bonus dvd
It's straight from the horse's mouth. Lupe had been hyping this Oct. 31 announcement for a couple weeks now.

might be great, probably will be just mediocre...

it's hard for a double cd to be good...and a triple..? i don't know

this album is going to be fire. i can't wait. Lupe hasn't disappointed me yet. Both of his albums have been fire!!

For this to be successful he has to go back to that hunger he had on the mixtapes and go back to the Lupe that had something to prove on F and L. I hope thatit is not a lot of filler.

Too much music to absorb at 1 time.

Double discs are hardly ever done right...

How are we supposed to fully enjoy 3 albums worth of music? 1 disc of Lupe take a good couple of weeks to fully absorb, understand and enjoy.

Im looking forward to the album but I don't know about this 3 disc thing.

I can think of a million artists who have said they were gonna drop a double disc and only about a handful actually go with it. A triple disc? I doubt it.Money-wise it just never makes sense. But i'll take it. Especially if this is really the end for dude. But i'm expecting a 19 song album from cat.

Hmmmm, hes my no.2 rapper after BIg. I dont know if he can pull this off though. 3 discs, thats like 35-40 songs. We'll have to wait quite a bit for itthen and the other thing is make 40 excellent songs, without his rymesayin, flow etc getting boring, right now I'd say its impossible, lets see when itcomes out.

Originally Posted by JP310

damn that is bittersweet great news
laugh.gif

excited for a 3 disc album but i dnt want them to be his last

It's going to be sad if he retires

If Lupe retires what is he gonna do? I mean is he gonna sit back and live off his million's he's made in his rap career? He gonna fall back on hisacting career? Rely on his clothing line to sell? Seems kinda odd for a cat to retire so early in his career with nothin' else poppin'.

i don't think it's gonna be 35-40 songs like someone mentioned.

it's probably gonna be 8-10 each, following a separate concept behind each disc.
the pull is not so much on the amount of material, but how each disc can stay cohesive.

i hope he pulls it through because The Cool was great but lacked the true essence of
a concept album. truth be told, he better come with some mindblowing +*$* for this one
like he did on the mixtapes ala Twilight Zone, Failure, and much more.

regardless, i'm buyin. 3 discs is #%$$!+ crazy. but to be honest, i can't picture
another rap act who can actually pull it off. we know jay can't. and this dude
lu's mind is on some other type +*$*. i don't think we can deny that.

Originally Posted by jomitm

i don't think it's gonna be 35-40 songs like someone mentioned.

it's probably gonna be 8-10 each, following a separate concept behind each disc.
the pull is not so much on the amount of material, but how each disc can stay cohesive.

i hope he pulls it through because The Cool was great but lacked the true essence of
a concept album. truth be told, he better come with some mindblowing +*$* for this one
like he did on the mixtapes ala Twilight Zone, Failure, and much more.

regardless, i'm buyin. 3 discs is #%$$!+ crazy. but to be honest, i can't picture
another rap act who can actually pull it off. we know jay can't. and this dude
lu's mind is on some other type +*$*. i don't think we can deny that.

Did dude really just say Jay can't release a 3 disc album? I know Lupe is a beast but my god dont gass him up that hard. And concept or not 3 disks isenough concept to me.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by jomitm
Did dude really just say Jay can't release a 3 disc album? I know Lupe is a beast but my god dont gass him up that hard. And concept or not 3 disks is enough concept to me.
4y85jzt.gif

you missed my point.

jay dropped BP2 and if you thought that album
had any sign of coherence/correlation, you're bugging.
good songs, but as an album? nah.

grin.gif
Risky but if anyone can do it as far as concepts Lupe can pull it off I hope it isnt feature heavy tho

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

doesn't mean all 3 will be full of good material
yeah seriously. 1st disc might be the actual album, the 2nd disc might be remixes, and the 3rd is like an interview or videos of lupe....and thatwould be super whack

-The Juice

Damn, can't wait for this... hope he can pull off 3 discs of quality material, I'm sure he can.

Not sure if any of you on here listen to or have heard of MF Grimm (check out his first album, 'The Downfall of Ibliys: A Ghetto Opera'), but hereleased a triple disc album a couple of years ago...

2u76mw7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom