Luxury Car Owners... How much do you spend on maintenance?

I have a 05 Acura RL sh-awd with 67,000 miles on it, only spend 25$ per oil change and got a new battery, replaced hid bulbs with some Philips bulbs I got from eBay for 70$ and payed a mechanic 20$ to install , knock on wood Acura are pretty much bullet proof

2010 E Class - Only have to take it in once a year which is only like $300.  Hasn't required nothing big.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by ricky409

Regular cars: Chevy, Toyota, ford, Dodge ,Honda, Nissan , GMC, jeep

Luxury : infinity, Acura, Cadillac, Mercedes, Lincoln, BMW, lexus, jaguar

High end luxury: maybach, Porsche, $150k+ cars.

Source : none...

...no Buicks?

I'd our Buick and Audi in luxury. Also, if the cheapest new Porsche you can find is 55k, it's high end luxury ...

I don't understand why some people just don't do some of the smaller things like a tune up on their own instead of taking it to a shop/dealership. 

My mom used to have an old (2003?) Mercedes Benz E-class which was great until it's transmission blew the next year. The car was bought for around 8k, the new ****** costed 3k. Dad said eff dat, sold that car for 10k, and now my mom's driving a 2010 Mercedes GL450 with a warranty. We've yet to have any major maintenance as only the oil needed replacing.

dont really consider it a luxry car but i own an 09 G37 and matienance has been ~ $300 a yr two big checkups over the past 3 yrs which added another ~6/7 so less than 2K for 3yrs and some change.

Originally Posted by ispeakjewleo

I don't understand why some people just don't do some of the smaller things like a tune up on their own instead of taking it to a shop/dealership. 
Some cars are not meant for you to do things like that on your own.

I want either a Mercedes e320 or a Challenger. I leaning more and more towards the challenger. 
I would only get a MB on warranty though.

Hell, that goes for any ride.

08' escalade...only time it's been to the shop is for oil changes. $70 a pop for synthetic. Very reliable if your looking for a luxury SUV. Traded my 04' range in for it and have not regretted it one bit, considering the headache the range was.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

My apologies for acting as if Acura and Infiniti were luxury cars.

Thanks for all of the insight given though

They are luxury..ENTRY luxury aka starter kits..although ill take a fully loaded inifintiOver a base c-class or 328i

owning a japanese luxury car is
pimp.gif

the maintanence is slightly more than the standard cars but dont be fearful of high mileage acura, lexus, infinitis they all hold up pretty well... maintence can be pricey but infiniti honors their warranty to however many owners the cars had until the mileage is up (and in my case after)

had both wheel bearing complete hub assemblys replace outta warranty for free at my infinti dealer...

if you do have a issue... goto the dealership dressed nicely and look at the new model cars... when the salesman comes over tell him ur bringing ur car in for maintanece and its such a pain in the rectum u might jus getta new car all togeher... (but threaten that you might go with another brand)

i test drove a m56 around the lot and ate free cookies n dasani while they service, washed, waxed, and vacuumed the G for free
pimp.gif

The TL is based off the Accord so maintenance should be around the same price.
The G is based off the 350Z so maintenance is gonna be a little more than the TL based off of available parts. 

Just to add to the conversation, how about IS250/IS350 owners ? When you do bring it for maintenance and repairs, how much more do you have to pay compared to a regular toyota or honda vehicle ?

I said F the luxury car, and copped an 08 Honda Accord.

70k miles, 2 year/100k warranty. 12000 cash out the door.

Im happy with my purchase

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

^
laugh.gif
 @ the pic...

Any insight on a Porsche Cayman? I've been eyeballing some '06'-'08s...
nerd.gif
Excellent car. Handles better than the 911. Porsches are pretty reliable these days, just know if something breaks it'll be expensive.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

maybe around 2-400 a year. just for maintenance.

335i.

laugh.gif
lies... unless you never drive it and its still under warranty...

12k miles a year is 3 oil changes minimal... thats the high end of your range right there

335i is one of the least reliable cars of the modern generation... but man are the new ones secks
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by will068

Just to add to the conversation, how about IS250/IS350 owners ? When you do bring it for maintenance and repairs, how much more do you have to pay compared to a regular toyota or honda vehicle ?

I used to have a 2007 Lexus IS250.  If I do the mainteance by myself, the oil change cost about $60, and the brake pads $55.  If I need my car oil changed right away, I bring my car to the dealer and it would cost be about $90.  For break pad replacement, the dealer will charge over $200.  Also, one of my HID headlights bulbs went out, and the dealer wanted $195 for the pair of bulbs.  I found the exact same bulbs online for $25 pair (Phillips brand) and did it myself.  The dealer will "recommend" a lot of services, but I go by what the manual says.  Just do your research first, and some of the maintance (filters, etc.) are easy to do on your own for a fraction of the price, and just go to the dealer or a local shop for the big stuff.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

maybe around 2-400 a year. just for maintenance.

335i.

laugh.gif
lies... unless you never drive it and its still under warranty...

12k miles a year is 3 oil changes minimal... thats the high end of your range right there

335i is one of the least reliable cars of the modern generation... but man are the new ones secks
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

^
laugh.gif
 @ the pic...

Any insight on a Porsche Cayman? I've been eyeballing some '06'-'08s...
nerd.gif
Excellent car. Handles better than the 911. Porsches are pretty reliable these days, just know if something breaks it'll be expensive.

Maintenance like oil changes are more expensive, ~$200-$250. Any other engine work is also more expensive because of the mid-engine set-up. They also have a more meticulous service interval compared to other cars. The older it is, the more work it'll need too since the service intervals will likely coincide with your ownership. I was deciding between a Cayman & Z4 so I have done my research on this (went with a Z4 because I'm waiting for the new Cayman). Here's a few info in the Porsche Caymans complexities when it comes to maintenance.
pbrCY.png

WFVNG.png

zmTB1.png

I never understood why oil changes for luxury cars were expensive? Is it special oil or the labor that makes the price?

Back
Top Bottom