Ma$e - When NY Was NY

That was more Bad Boy and Puff.

Fab did songs with a female singing the hook(Ashanti, Lil Mo, Tamia). That was a 90's NY staple to get radio play. Another thing Mase didn't really do. His only single doing it was Feels So Good. Bad Boy got radio play from using past popular hit samples. Bad Boy did the uptempo club thing. Again, not Fab's lane.

Pop and crossover rap, i.e. radio music is designed for women.
Say what you want, but he had hits. He was HUGE, and you don't get that way with just women rocking with you.

Loon, Fab, Ye, all bit from dude, AND gave props to mase. 

Last edited:

Say what you want, but he had hits. He was HUGE, and you don't get that way with just women rocking with you.

Preach shorty! Mase def had hits and left his lane wide open. Only reason Fab got any shine cuz Mase was gone although Fab was on Dj Clue First "real" album with mase when he was Fabolous Sport. Glad he knocked the "sport" off his name. anyway i liked Fab back in the Day and i still do now but lets face it Fab only been good on Mixtape stuff. Yo albums was never that good, the first was ok but still was hit or miss a little. But Fab mixtape game is where he do his thing. And lets be clear Fab def tried to get to where Ma$e was far as Popularity and commercial stuff but he couldnt really get there like that. Fab def has had a good career tho. But over the years i seen a few Ma$e wannabes. Yung Joc reminded me of ma$e too, Cassidy kinda did at first as well but dont get it twisted MA$E was that dude in his day i still bump Harlem World alot

I don't know why Loon and Fabby won't, just say I'm they daddy
Why them Harlem CB4 ****** just keep comin at me
Got as many beefs as 50 and a ***** go to church
Could you imagine if my hands was on work? I don't know

Harlem World is a classic of the late '90s. 24 Hours To Live
nthat.gif

What happened to the new album though? We had the song with Eric Bellinger which I thought actually worked in updating Ma$e's sound and then it kept getting pushed back and back. You have to take advantage of that momentum.

A lot of people my age feel quite nostalgic about Ma$e so he does have an audience if he does it right.

kells was sexing underage girls and peeing on em. no one cares

ross talked a bunch of drug **** but was a CO back in the day. no one cares.

ma$e went from rapper to pastor back back to rapper. sooooooooo why exactly is this so unforgivable?

ma$e needs to do what kells and ross both did when they were exposed, drop a hot album. all would be forgotten.

kells was sexing underage girls and peeing on em. no one cares

ross talked a bunch of drug **** but was a CO back in the day. no one cares.

ma$e went from rapper to pastor back back to rapper. sooooooooo why exactly is this so unforgivable?

ma$e needs to do what kells and ross both did when they were exposed, drop a hot album. all would be forgotten.

Because I'm supposed to believe this old *** fix me a plate after service please sallie may *** ***** is bussing guns when he gets out of his rocking chair after church lets out

Kells consensually getting freaky with a 15 year old is foul but doesn't directly ruin or go against his music. Maybe if it was rape but meh, we knew how dude rocked since he tried to marry Aaliyah at 15.

Ross being a CO doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't doing some of the **** he talks about. No he wasn't a coke kingpin but no one is in the rap game. Always suspected there was more to that story that he doesn't want to incriminate himself on, which is why he can move so freely.

Ma$e is literally Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with how he switches, so no one can take that buss a gun rap seriously.

Not to mention the music is trash after Harlem World and a few smooth verses here and there.

Maybe he should say **** it and be like those preachers with the reality show and be raps first flexing *** preacher.

How old were you dudes when Mase came out?

Why when rap is discussed, people mention how huge someone was. As if that means something. Popular does not mean good. Popular means they made pop music to appeal to the masses.

Nelly sold records and was huge.

Preach shorty! Mase def had hits and left his lane wide open. Only reason Fab got any shine cuz Mase was gone although Fab was on Dj Clue First "real" album with mase when he was Fabolous Sport. Glad he knocked the "sport" off his name. anyway i liked Fab back in the Day and i still do now but lets face it Fab only been good on Mixtape stuff. Yo albums was never that good, the first was ok but still was hit or miss a little. But Fab mixtape game is where he do his thing. And lets be clear Fab def tried to get to where Ma$e was far as Popularity and commercial stuff but he couldnt really get there like that. Fab def has had a good career tho. But over the years i seen a few Ma$e wannabes. Yung Joc reminded me of ma$e too, Cassidy kinda did at first as well but dont get it twisted MA$E was that dude in his day i still bump Harlem World alot

Fab only exist because of Mase retiring :lol:

So Fab was dancing around making club tracks?

btw, what did Mase do new?

How old were you dudes when Mase came out?
Why when rap is discussed, people mention how huge someone was. As if that means something. Popular does not mean good. Popular means they made pop music to appeal to the masses.

Nelly sold records and was huge.
Fab only exist because of Mase retiring :lol:

So Fab was dancing around making club tracks?

btw, what did Mase do new?

To your last question...

That smooth mush mouth flow

Unless you can put me on to some other ****** doing it before him [emoji]128064[/emoji]

To your last question...

That smooth mush mouth flow

Unless you can put me on to some other ****** doing it before him [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Your voice is pretty much your voice.

People were doing that before Mase, they just weren't from New York.

Fab didn't rap as slow as Mase either.

Your voice is pretty much your voice.

People were doing that before Mase, they just weren't from New York.

Fab didn't rap as slow as Mase either.

Can you tell me who those dudes are I wanna hear more dudes with that flow just as a fan

In his prime Mase was cool in my book. Those songs him and Puff did still go. I don't care how pop they were and Harlem World was a great album. But him going back and forth between rap and the church is crazy lol. I mean everybody is a hypocrite to an extent but that's blatant.

so now being "pop" doesnt mean good?

if the music sucks people arent gonna buy it period, mase made hits and nelly made hits

being pop doesnt mean your album is gonna do numbers, just ask flo rida and pitbull

Catchy or not; Mase's soft shoe, shucking & jiving was & still is an abomination.

And I'm the newest member of the Bad Boy team
And I'ma bring this ***** Puff mad more C.R.E.A.M.
With hooks galore, leave this city shook for sure
And I'ma take 'em back where Biggie took 'em before

It's time for Mase.....and more importantly his dwindling fan base here on NT to retire and find something else to do.

It's time for Mase.....and more importantly his dwindling fan base here on NT to retire and find something else to do.

Man, I know dudes had to be like 10 or 12 when Mase was poppin for them to be in to him so much. Because dudes don't even remember the hate Mase received. It wasn't even cool to like Mase.

Forget Fab, Mase is the reason DMX blew up so much.

And then there's

Always gotta be the weakest ______ out the crew
I probably make more money off your album than you.
Check your own videos, you'll always be number two.
______ talkin' real greasy on them R&B records.
But I'm platinum a million times, _______, check the credits

Mase is one of the dudes that "allegedly" had a lot of people writing for him

dudes acting like every rapper gotta play this street persona, these dudes came from nothing and trying to feed their family

if someone told me i could make 10 mil making pop music or 500k being a street rapper, im making pop music 

i hate how people act like being pop supposed to be a bad thing as a rapper, who made that rule

you basically hating on a man for getting his money then claim hes "selling out" or "its not cool to like him"

I wish Mase only released Harlem World, then went straight into preaching, and never made a comeback

Stop defending the fake preacher b as if he's misunderstood

The preacher stuff was a hustle from the beginning, from the problems he was having in the streets with Baby Maine to using it as a way to get from under that contract with Puff

Last edited:
they did the same thing with hammer, claimed he was too pop because he was winning then once he went street they claimed he fell off

Back
Top Bottom