Mac Miller's Blue Slide Park is expected to debut at #1 next week at 175K

Mac knows his audience, makes good-sounding music they like and can relate to, and they actually purchase it. Every person 19 and under with a Tumblr probably got Blue Side Park. Dude sold his last tour out off a mixtape... and he was doing venues the size J.Cole and Big Sean are doing now--with their albums out. His upcoming show here sold out over a month in advance.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
this man is doodoo

I don't get the hype at all music is trash.

I'm sorry I just don't believe these record sales lately, dudes who would have struggled to sell 40k a year ago all of a sudden selling 150K+ like nothing...IDK, seems fishy to me

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Mac knows his audience, makes good-sounding music they like and can relate to, and they actually purchase it. Every person 19 and under with a Tumblr probably got Blue Side Park. Dude sold his last tour out off a mixtape... and he was doing venues the size J.Cole and Big Sean are doing now--with their albums out. His upcoming show here sold out over a month in advance.

The tickets for his NY show in Decemeber soldout right away when they went on sale in September. I was shocked for a dude that only had a mixtape out at the time

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by awwsome

The homie is trash, but I have a lot of respect for his and his teams work ethic
Pretty much.
I like the dude, has a good head on him. I respect him. Just can't make decent music to save himself. I get the appeal though.
But man, that album
laugh.gif
oh boy. He's doing him though I suppose so I'm happy for him

Originally Posted by awwsome

The homie is trash, but I have a lot of respect for his and his teams work ethic
Pretty much.

Quite literally what I had planned to post. Shocked to see those projections seeing as I didn't even hear about any promotion or singles. I thought this $#%* was a mixtape
laugh.gif

His songs actually get play on radio, maybe not like Lil' Wayne, but DJ's do play his %+%!. I'm not shocked at the numbers, he's really the definition of "Self Made."

Also, if you think about it, he doesn't really have any competitors in his niche. Who else is as big as him and making music for the young people who live average lives and don't think they're Big Meech? Srsly. The kid has rapped about losing/dealing with family, driving a civic, going to school, partying, and smoking. Somewhere, Asher Roth is wishing he had more charisma than a paper bag so he could have been in this position right now.

Also, if you think about it, he doesn't really have any competitors in his niche. Who else is as big as him and making music for the young people who live average lives and don't think they're Big Meech? Srsly. The kid has rapped about losing/dealing with family, driving a civic, going to school, partying, and smoking. Somewhere, Asher Roth is wishing he had more charisma than a paper bag so he could have been in this position right now.
Very good point, go ask any high school/young college student about Mac Miller and they'll tell you they know him.

Power of the Internet, my friend.

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now that I think about it, that's exactly what Asher Roth is doing. Had he debuted in the past year
instead of when he did (09 ??), he'd probably be doing what Mac Miller is doing. People just stamped Asher Roth
as "a guy who sorta sounds like Eminem" and moved on.

This is why I like Mac Miller

His songs actually get play on radio, maybe not like Lil' Wayne, but DJ's do play his %+%!. I'm not shocked at the numbers, he's really the definition of "Self Made."
This.

By no competitors you mean that he's at the forefront and much bigger than other's in his lane right? Not that he's the ONLY dude in that niche, right? 'cos I mean there are plenty of acts in the same lane as him. Obviously not as big but they are still there at his heels and getting bigger.

Logic, DTMD (even though they garbage, kids like them), Kris Kasanova, Hoodie Allen if you don't want to be too specific. There's a long list of humble young guys who can genuinely spit with a very young fan base.

lolz the hate in here is strong, i think yall see the teeny bopper fan base and shy away.

cuz i dont see how you cannot like at least a few mac songs..

Back
Top Bottom