Macklemore is Done!!!!

@Mr Fongstarr

Good looks. I actually had KRS-One on my radar he was or is doing a show at Middle East in Cambridge I wanted to check out.

Also going to see Capone n Nore in July, mostly for sentimental reasons I'm sure it won't be the most aesthetically pleasing concert.

Ahhhhh man your pics are way better than mine. Mine look like homegrown flick stuff :lol:. At the time I went, the age range had to be from HS all the way up to like late 30's, and possibly even older. You're right about the chicks being crazy, but at least on that day it was really just 1hr20 minutes of good hype music. Pretty much a load of his Rubba Band Business/Blue Dream & Lean stuff, and a handful of Three 6 verses. He sounds just like he does on his records, which is much appreciated.

@Mr Fongstarr

Good looks. I actually had KRS-One on my radar he was or is doing a show at Middle East in Cambridge I wanted to check out.

Also going to see Capone n Nore in July, mostly for sentimental reasons I'm sure it won't be the most aesthetically pleasing concert.

Pone and Norey would be a sick show and since they seem to always break up, better see them now then later. I'd go on the strength of cause Noreaga is a good and funny dude. His Breakfast Show interviews are so damn funny....and Super Thug live would be dope.

Ahhhhh man your pics are way better than mine. Mine look like homegrown flick stuff :lol:. At the time I went, the age range had to be from HS all the way up to like late 30's, and possibly even older. You're right about the chicks being crazy, but at least on that day it was really just 1hr20 minutes of good hype music. Pretty much a load of his Rubba Band Business/Blue Dream & Lean stuff, and a handful of Three 6 verses. He sounds just like he does on his records, which is much appreciated.

I really go out of my way to get these photos though. Not giving myself extra credit but no one should have to go through this unless you really want the photo opportunity. Front row with no photo pass is just wild at times. I had chicks putting their hand on my hand to make me take photos just cause they were drunk. I also had a girl that was on molly that was literally sitting down next to my legs and mind you she was front row and got stepped on. Just dumb stuff like that.

I think I would have just enjoyed in the back row. Haha. He even did his verse on the Katey Perry song too. Girls got wild just cause of that.

^I saw when he opened for Rihanna a couple years ago and yes, he is a very good live performer :lol:

I seen Cole three times and dude was horrible. Hopeing this Dollar and a Dream is nice. Son was just performing too much of his album and not mix tape material.

True and I can understand performing songs off yoir album to get album sales. I and respect dude for his performance when I seen him for the first time on campus. This was when side line stories came out. Seen Lupe when Food & Liquor came out and he performed performed other material. Same with Wale. So that is not the norm.

I'm not knocking dudes hustle its just what I took from the concerts.

You should really see different types of music to get what stage performance is. I am a rap head at heart but nothing beats a rock concert. The sound, energy, people....it's really just something else. And I am not even talking about metal rock too cause my favorite band is Incubus and they are hardly go nuts these days.

I saw Jay Z last year during his Justin Timberlake tour. Rap should just never be on a huge stage like arenas. The energy is never there. Can't say it was snooze fest but it wasn't the best either. I've seen Nas at the Rock The Bells tour. I am a Nas fan over a Jay one but his concert was pretty underwhelming. It's like better to hear his music in an iPod rather then live for some reason. Mobb Deep was a cool though. I went when P just got out of jail. It was a small venue.....really fun.

Also southern rappers are really a good watch. Like backpack rap can just get monotone for some reason where as dirty south stuff is just wild from all the beats and what not. I saw Waka and Jeezy and those were fun concerts if you are really big fans of their music. Even Bay Area and Cali rap is a better concert performance. I wish Dr Dre would do another Chronic Tour.

These rapper need to stop ******* around and take vocal lessons, practice, and perfect the craft of live performances.

You should really see different types of music to get what stage performance is. I am a rap head at heart but nothing beats a rock concert. The sound, energy, people....it's really just something else. And I am not even talking about metal rock too cause my favorite band is Incubus and they are hardly go nuts these days.
Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band > any rap concert I've been too, especially the atmosphere.

who sees a horrible performer 3 times
roll.gif

Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band > any rap concert I've been too, especially the atmosphere.

I bet. I don't have a huge bucket list when it comes to rock concerts but I hope to go to a Metallica concert one day. I got tickets for Santana already for the summer which was another one on my list. I'd like to see the Chili Peppers as well.

Back
Top Bottom