Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy

This movie is perfection. Blows away any action movie I've seen in a long time. I haven't been that tense at a movie I don't think ever. Every part was incredibly well done.

This movie is perfection. Blows away any action movie I've seen in a long time. I haven't been that tense at a movie I don't think ever. Every part was incredibly well done.

Agree with this...

How you you guys rate this movie against T2 Judgement Day

You can't really compare the two man....it was two very different ages! Different tech, T2 has withheld the rest of time, I can still watch that movie and enjoy the hell out of it, I say MM is up there with it and could be a classic....I can't really say one is better than the other, what I would say is, both were original and refreshing for its time...

I'm glad MM is getting the praise, hope it wins awards to send Directors everywhere a message, WE MISS TECHNICAL EFFECTS! CGI was cool at first, but nowadays movies are relying too damb much on it and movies are beginning to lose their charm, the WOW effect is wearing thin, get back to the gritty basics man...don't be afraid to create something new....this movie felt like pulling out that old N64***, and inviting 4 friends over to go ham on some 007

"What a dayyyy, what a gloriousssss dayyyy" probably one of my favorite parts....the delivery was pure :pimp:

Last edited:
Keep things simple....I liked this better than avengers because of how simple it was in its delivery....Avengers had me playing catch up while the effects and fanboyism distracted me from an otherwise forgettable plot and yet another WEAKSAUCE villain.

You can't really compare the two man....it was two very different ages! Different tech, T2 has withheld the rest of time, I can still watch that movie and enjoy the hell out of it, I say MM is up there with it and could be a classic....I can't really say one is better than the other, what I would say is, both were original and refreshing for its time...

I'm glad MM is getting the praise, hope it wins awards to send Directors everywhere a message, WE MISS TECHNICAL EFFECTS! CGI was cool at first, but nowadays movies are relying too damb much on it and movies are beginning to lose their charm, the WOW effect is wearing thin, get back to the gritty basics man...don't be afraid to create something new....this movie felt like pulling out that old GameCube, and inviting 4 friends over to go ham on some 007

"What a dayyyy, what a gloriousssss dayyyy" probably one of my favorite parts....the delivery was pure :pimp:

You cool and all, but you're wrong for that one.

N64 007 > *

Keep things simple....I liked this better than avengers because of how simple it was in its delivery....Avengers had me playing catch up while the effects and fanboyism distracted me from an otherwise forgettable plot and yet another WEAKSAUCE villain.
Totally agree here. Simple is always better. And I felt the same about Avengers. That franchise is slowly jumping the shark for me. I mean they basically had the same end fight scene as the first one. All the Avengers running around fighting a bunch of flying robots. What will they think of next.

Didn't know anything about the film until I entered this thread. Didn't live up to the hype for me. Still a good movie. Probably would've enjoyed it more if Max would've had more of a presence being the protagonist.

Sequel title revealed and Ledger was supposed to be the next Max

In a recent interview with, “The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith,” George Miller, the sole head of the “Max Max” Film Franchise, revealed that the next film in said franchise will be entitled, “Mad Max: The Wasteland.”

It is interesting to note that this statement came amongst a discussion about the Mythos of Miller’s Franchise, during which he made the following claims, “We’ve got one screenplay and a novella. It happened because with the delays [on Fury Road], and writing all the backstories, they just expanded…”

According to an article published on this interview by the News Site IndieWire, Heath Ledger was originally intended to take over the Role of the Franchises Protaginist, Max Rockastacky, after Mel Gibson's infamous antisemetic breakdown early in the 2000s. However, after Ledger's turn as The Joker in Cristopher Nolan's, "The Dark Knight," and subsequent death, another actor had to be sought out for the role. The following is a quote from George Miller Himself describing this process, given to the Daily Mail, and included in the previously mentioned IndieWire article, "Every time Heath [Ledger] would come through Sydney, he’d call in and we’d chat about Max.He had that same thing that Mel and Tom Hardy have —that maleness, charisma, and restless energy, which you need to play a relatively still character. The world lost someone great when he went. Tom was the next to walk through the door that had that vibe."

"One of the reasons 'Fury Road' took so long to happen was that it was just one obstacle after another in trying to get it made. The film was originally slated to film in 2001, but the 9/11 attacks drastically affected everything from the power of the American dollar to insurance costs for the production. And not long after Mel Gibson had his well publicized meltdown and the role of Max needed to be recast, one of Hollywood's brightest talents at the time was considered as such."

Also saw an interview where Miller says he has a story regarding Furiosa's past. That is why I thought a sequel titled Mad Max: Furiosa made sense but The Wasteland sounds perfectly fine too.

I really hope that this makes enough money for studio's to approve a sequel.

I'm sure the sequel will be more centered around Mad Max. Especially with dudes complaining about it being a feminist flick 
eyes.gif

Also saw an interview where Miller says he has a story regarding Furiosa's past. That is why I thought a sequel titled Mad Max: Furiosa made sense but The Wasteland sounds perfectly fine too.

I really hope that this makes enough money for studio's to approve a sequel.

Made 110 Mill worldwide opening weekend. The reviews are great and I think the second go around they can really put alot of marketing into sequel that would do better numbers. Look how Batman begins whlle a hit, wasn't massive, but the second time the audience was receptive and excited to see TDK. Same goes for this, people would be legit amped for another Mad Max

Sequel title revealed and Ledger was supposed to be the next Max

In a recent interview with, “The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith,” George Miller, the sole head of the “Max Max” Film Franchise, revealed that the next film in said franchise will be entitled, “Mad Max: The Wasteland.”

It is interesting to note that this statement came amongst a discussion about the Mythos of Miller’s Franchise, during which he made the following claims, “We’ve got one screenplay and a novella. It happened because with the delays [on Fury Road], and writing all the backstories, they just expanded…”

According to an article published on this interview by the News Site IndieWire, Heath Ledger was originally intended to take over the Role of the Franchises Protaginist, Max Rockastacky, after Mel Gibson's infamous antisemetic breakdown early in the 2000s. However, after Ledger's turn as The Joker in Cristopher Nolan's, "The Dark Knight," and subsequent death, another actor had to be sought out for the role. The following is a quote from George Miller Himself describing this process, given to the Daily Mail, and included in the previously mentioned IndieWire article, "Every time Heath [Ledger] would come through Sydney, he’d call in and we’d chat about Max.He had that same thing that Mel and Tom Hardy have —that maleness, charisma, and restless energy, which you need to play a relatively still character. The world lost someone great when he went. Tom was the next to walk through the door that had that vibe."

"One of the reasons 'Fury Road' took so long to happen was that it was just one obstacle after another in trying to get it made. The film was originally slated to film in 2001, but the 9/11 attacks drastically affected everything from the power of the American dollar to insurance costs for the production. And not long after Mel Gibson had his well publicized meltdown and the role of Max needed to be recast, one of Hollywood's brightest talents at the time was considered as such."

Before Ledger, they went to Gibson and wanted him to replay Max, but he was in conflicted with Passion of the Christ.

Before Ledger, they went to Gibson and wanted him to replay Max, but he was in conflicted with Passion of the Christ.

It wouldn't even have been really bad, cause a older max would have been cooler, it all worked out for the best though. Really you can make endless movies about the ******** he goes through in the wasteland with the deconstruction of society.

This movie was everything!! I have never seen a more insane , balls to the wall action movie ever. This is definite top 10 best movie ever for me.

Fury road was great.. relentless, intense and beautiful..

I mean I knew going in max didn't talk much.. And while I love hardy in the role.. I expected more of a 'blondie' from 'man wih no name' trilogy (the series with the good the bad and the ugly)

Just didn't expect it to be THAT awkward when he spoke.. I mean I get he was alone and going crazy, so it could/would make sense

And Zoe kravitz been fine.. But that body was looking right

Back
Top Bottom