Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/mad-men-days-work-203639

Great review/back and forth on Mad Men. They touched on this one shot in particular

The empty chair sitting between them and how the agency needs Don back... and how much he obviously needs to be back as well.
In the preview for the next episode, there's a part where Lou is standing in the doorway to Dawn's office, and he says, "What the hell is going on in here?" 

I really hope he makes some ignorant racist comment that gets him fired so Don can get his job back. At the very least I hope we get to see more of Dawn going ham on him. The way she yelled at him in this last episode was great. She's becoming Peggy/Joan!

Last edited:
I loved when Don wanted to walk out on the bill. That had me dying, his daughters expression too. :smokin

So this looks like it's going to be cringeworthy when Roger isn't on the same page.

Also, I've been studying all day and my brain is fried. Someone help me out with what happened at the restaurant with that woman showing up he didn't know? Was that a sign from Roger? Lost me.

So this looks like it's going to be cringeworthy when Roger isn't on the same page.

Also, I've been studying all day and my brain is fried. Someone help me out with what happened at the restaurant with that woman showing up he didn't know? Was that a sign from Roger? Lost me.

What I dont understand is how Roger knew he was having dinner with them? Unless Roger was told by that agency but why would they do that? Idk what I missed to get lost as well lol.

Peggy is a *****.

Kicking Don when he's clearly down.

Long Live Don Draper

Edit.

My god, they're castrating him.

Last edited:

What I dont understand is how Roger knew he was having dinner with them? Unless Roger was told by that agency but why would they do that? Idk what I missed to get lost as well lol.
I think the girl was hired by the other firm to sleep with him so that he would work for them. 

I don't think Roger knew of the dinner at all. From what I got, after Don got the offer from the other firm, he went over to Roger's place and showed him the letter and pretty much said, if you want me then take me back or else im leaving for someone else.

Also, I wanted don to tear that **** up at the end for the disrespect they showed him

He should have left. I wonder if Don knows how much leverage he really has with them, as far as the buyout and what now. He could have easily ripped up that ****** contract.

I woulda just told them to buy me out or keep paying me. They are obviously trying to get rid of him without buying him out with that clause--thinking it's only a matter of time before he violates.

This guy's future at the company is as good as done

Dude has to report to Lou smh
How long before they argue and Lou cries to one of the partners

I think the girl was hired by the other firm to sleep with him so that he would work for them. 
I don't think Roger knew of the dinner at all. From what I got, after Don got the offer from the other firm, he went over to Roger's place and showed him the letter and pretty much said, if you want me then take me back or else im leaving for someone else.

Also, I wanted don to tear that **** up at the end for the disrespect they showed him

Really?

But he went to the room she said, didnt he? Bc he wanted to smash and when the door was opened, Roger was there. And Don was shocked. Roger did say he was expecting room service. Soooooooo how did Roger know? Unless I still missed something lol

But Don shouldnt have taken the deal. Dude is banking on him bringing it back to the way it was by doing something crazy good. I know hes Don Draper but sometimes that is the problem. haha

The episodes from now on should be :smokin

sad to see how dawn was still all up under him all episode, wanted her especially to pick up on how he shouldnt have been there

stan - "we have that meeting.."

ginsberg - "what meeting? ohh, sorry Don." 
roll.gif

also

don - "how are you bert?"

bert - "i'm capital." 
pimp.gif

kinda surprised joan was so cold to Don too, but it kinda makes sense after how he killed all her "work" put into chevy

also wondering what pete and ted's votes would have been?

i thought megan was for real when she said it was over 
mad.gif

all in all good ep, cant wait for next week's ep don back to creative w the team

They want him to quit.

Contract law basically says if you fire someone then your noncompete agreement is void, meaning he could work for anyone else. If he quits he has to honor the noncompete agreement and can't work for competitors for a decent amount of time. I could get into more detail but that is really all you need to know. I doubt anything else I have in mind will affect the story.

Either way he owns part of the partnership so they would have to buy him out which would be a blow to to SC&P. It would be more beneficial to Don if they fired him but more beneficial to the firm if he quit. So the dynamic from now on will be very interesting to say the least.

Outright disrespectful :smh:
Would've walked straight out and had them keep paying me until they fired me.

Last edited:
Really?

But he went to the room she said, didnt he? Bc he wanted to smash and when the door was opened, Roger was there. And Don was shocked. Roger did say he was expecting room service. Soooooooo how did Roger know? Unless I still missed something lol

But Don shouldnt have taken the deal. Dude is banking on him bringing it back to the way it was by doing something crazy good. I know hes Don Draper but sometimes that is the problem. haha

The episodes from now on should be :smokin

It felt to me like someone had told the other firms that don was fired so they could court him and that roger set up that meeting so Don would take the job. After all it did seem like everyone wanted him to take another job and that he was indeed fired but they wanted him to keep what was left of his dignity.

The girl was hired by Roger, not the other firm. That's why Roger was in the hotel room instead of his own house or something. And why he answered when Don knocked.

Seemed like Rogers gentle way of saying you are fired after the argument the partners had last episode of how much it cost to keep Don on payroll.

Don knows exactly what he's doing.

Lou is way too insecure about Don and that insecurity will be his downfall. This is beaten down Don, but an even more impassioned Don.

Back
Top Bottom