Major New Study Finds Kids Raised By Same-Sex Couples Are ‘Healthier And Happier’

Anybody that says a mother cant raise a man on their own is just stupid lmao.

the-kids-are-all-right.jpg

I don't know about the study but the whole notion women can't raise men and men can't raise women is stupid.

Psychology & science tells us your environment you grow up in raises you and I doubt these same sex couples are raising their kids in bad areas so that plays a large role in their "health and happiness".
The study factored in household income.  There are gay people living in poverty and/or in the hood too.

Last edited:
I was watching some thai rivera. He said "it would suck to have a transexual mom. She would have a mom's temper and a dad's strength. When you act up your ts mom would be like "i don't have to wait for your dad to get home to deal with you. I'll deal with you myself." :rofl:

:rofl: link?

How many of y'all were part of the "How come he don't want me" coalition?

Anton of all people saying someone likes to hear themselves speak. You've made a living on here doing just that.

A woman cannot teach a man how to be a man. Period. I know some of you were raised in single parent homes so you're conditioned to feel this way about your mother and that's ok. I grew up in an environment where 72.8% of households do not have a father and I have seen the effects of it.

The importance of the role of fathers for some you:

U.S. Fatherless Statistics
Fatherless Stats

1. 43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]

2. 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

3. 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes. [Criminal Justice & Behaviour, Vol 14, pp. 403-26, 1978]

4. 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, Friday, March 26, 1999]

5. 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

6. 85% of children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [Center for Disease Control]

7. 90% of adolescent repeat arsonists live with only their mother. [Wray Herbert, “Dousing the Kindlers,” Psychology Today, January, 1985, p. 28]

8. 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]

9. 75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes. [Rainbows f for all God’s Children]

10. 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions have no father. [US Department of Justice, Special Report, Sept. 1988]

11. 85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home. [Fulton County Georgia jail populations, Texas Department of Corrections, 1992]

12. Fatherless boys and girls are: twice as likely to drop out of high school; twice as likely to end up in jail; four times more likely to need help for emotional or behavioral problems. [US D.H.H.S. news release, March 26, 1999]

I can post links to download these studies, but anything more than a few lines intimidates people on here.

Anton of all people saying someone likes to hear themselves speak. You've made a living on here doing just that.

A woman cannot teach a man how to be a man. Period. I know some of you were raised in single parent homes so you're conditioned to feel this way about your mother and that's ok. I grew up in an environment where 72.8% of households do not have a father and I have seen the effects of it.

I can post links to download these studies, but anything more than a few lines intimidates people on here.

Not denying the role of having a father. I would agree that a lot of those statistics wpuld decrease if a father was around, but all those statistics are based on ONE parent.

"4. 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, Friday, March 26, 1999]"

damn these fatherless, pregnant boys 
mean.gif

It's not the basis of the argument for same-sex marriage but I think it's likely that have two loving parents is generally a good thing whether they're straight or gay.

With the amount of divorce, single-parents, unfit parents, etc I'd think it would be preferable.  I wonder how many people who grew up in one of those difficult situations that harbor resentment towards a parent(s) could objectively say that they think their situation was better than the idea of having gay parents.

U.S. Fatherless Statistics
Fatherless Stats

1. 43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]

2. 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

3. 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes. [Criminal Justice & Behaviour, Vol 14, pp. 403-26, 1978]

4. 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, Friday, March 26, 1999]

5. 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

6. 85% of children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [Center for Disease Control]

7. 90% of adolescent repeat arsonists live with only their mother. [Wray Herbert, “Dousing the Kindlers,” Psychology Today, January, 1985, p. 28]

8. 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]

9. 75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes. [Rainbows f for all God’s Children]

10. 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions have no father. [US Department of Justice, Special Report, Sept. 1988]

11. 85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home. [Fulton County Georgia jail populations, Texas Department of Corrections, 1992]

12. Fatherless boys and girls are: twice as likely to drop out of high school; twice as likely to end up in jail; four times more likely to need help for emotional or behavioral problems. [US D.H.H.S. news release, March 26, 1999]

What does any of this have to do with your original claim?

I think a woman can definitely raise a "man", but there will be certain deficiencies. The dude may get them from other sources (coaches, teachers, neighbors etc) but the mother can't teach him everything about manhood. I'm at work so when I figure out exactly what those deficiencies are I'll edit this post

I also think the number of same sex households with kids plays a role in the outcome of the study. There just aren't enough compared to regular households to make an educated guess. That's like saying Jewish households have healthier kids compared to Christian ones. One group is very small and the other is very broad across several different demographical categories

Problem with this is that if a gay couple is going the adoption route they usually go through extensive background checks as well as other things to prove they are fit to raise a child. If a gay couple meets the qualifications I assume they are in good shape not just financially but also emotionally, mentally, etc.

Meanwhile for heterosexual couples all they need is a **** with sperm and a woman with good eggs. They are not bound to meet the same qualifications as a gay couple looking to adopt. So if you're putting these two types of children against each other it isn't surprising the kids of gay couples are doing better.

Now if your study puts x number of kids adopted by gay couples vs x number of kids adopted by heterosexual couples and the results are the same...now they're proving something.

I also wonder if, while not nearly as common, a single-father raising a child produces similar statistics.  Is it just because there was no father figure or do single-parent households generally have a more difficult time parenting and raising children who don't become part of those numbers?

So using this line of thinking

a boy growing up with 2 fathers > a boy with none

So you agree with the study. And support same sex parents?

Problem with this is that if a gay couple is going the adoption route they usually go through extensive background checks as well as other things to prove they are fit to raise a child. If a gay couple meets the qualifications I assume they are in good shape not just financially but also emotionally, mentally, etc.

Meanwhile for heterosexual couples all they need is a **** with sperm and a woman with good eggs. They are not bound to meet the same qualifications as a gay couple looking to adopt. So if you're putting these two types of children against each other it isn't surprising the kids of gay couples are doing better.

Now if your study puts x number of kids adopted by gay couples vs x number of kids adopted by heterosexual couples and the results are the same...now they're proving something.
But...isn't that a good argument for same-sex parenting/adoption?  That they can essentially be screened during the adoption process for whether they'll be fit parents?

I believe kids growing up with same sex parents will fine for the most part. Society will grow in time..... Some of you all want to be stuck behind time.

But...isn't that a good argument for same-sex parenting/adoption?  That they can essentially be screened during the adoption process for whether they'll be fit parents?

It's only a good argument for adoption...if you want to call it that.

You can screen straight couples the same way you would gay couples.

Back
Top Bottom