Making new friends in a new place?v. Kinda grown

well it looks like I'm moving to another state again... When I moved a few years back I never really gained any friends. Don't want that to happenagain, I'll mostly be working full time at least until the 09 semester starts but at the age of 22 when new friends are aproached cautiously and everybodyseems to have all their set friends, how should I go about not becoming a lonely hermit in a new town.

its a hard tough struggle if your not outgoing.

hope u got that ps3 ready.

i went thru the same thing, and yeah it can be weird making new guy friends. like how u gonna meet new guys, then ask for their numbers and not come off!@%%#?maybe its over thinking, but if some new guy in town came up to me and wanted my number, i'd be out of there asap.

find a popular basketball court and hoop all the time
you can mos def make friends that way
or just find people who have the same interests in you

^pretty much and the job I'm most likely taking really isn't a retail/ sociable type thing so slim chances with that one... I suck at hooping, should Istep my game up and train secretly(ie rocky montage)

its a hard tough struggle if your not outgoing.

word.

just be positive. school is a nice place to find new friends...

they have the same goals and theres something in common right off the bat.

good luck man.

I feel you on the set friend problem, I don't think I've ever had that...

word i know how you feel. i moved 3000 miles away in August. Still dont have much friends. one dude i met was actually from the same area i moved away from sowe cool. But yea, i go to the big gym down the street and ball all the time and see the same people

i was kinda hard to make some friends when i moved.

i moved to texas from florida like 2 years ago. i have some friends now.

i'm also younger than you though, you'll find some people man

yeah the set friends thing is wierd. If i look at my male friends now all of them I've known for years. Outsiders ain't welcome.

yeah i havent even really made many friends in college either. its like most of my friends are either from high school or from hooping a lot at the Y. you needto get a gym membership and just go there everyday.

pimp.gif

depending on your situation, you could make friends at work. i moved from texas to utah last year and i'm real cool w/ my co workers. by hanging out w/them, i've been able to meet even more people.

I moved from CA to FL last year as a junior in high school, lets just say I post on NT 100000x more than before i moved.
grin.gif

I had to do that when i transfered to a new school. I sucked at first, but eventually i made some friends.

yeah i moved from california to arizona, after living in California for 15 years.... and i hated moving here.. but i eventually adjusted. but once i get mycareer going i wanna move back to CA. but just deal with that situation and make the best of what you have....

Back
Top Bottom