Male Nurses

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

To become a nurse, do you have to look and dead bodies and stuff(in college)? I would be a doctor but i'm not gonna look at no gory *%#...

i would imagine that you would have to take those classes to fully know the human body, but i can stand the gore.

BTW if theres any nurses on NT, PM me any advice on anything that helped you get to where your at right now

Originally Posted by bright nikes

RN checkin' in.

Just got my ADN, I'll get my BSN when I'm not lazy.

Although nursing is dominated by females, A LOT of males are finally seeing the light and taking away peoples perceptions of only females being nurses.

Females love seeing other males in the workplace because it breaks off all that female hormones at the nurses station
laugh.gif

Holla if you got questions.

yo man what school did you graduate from? yeah the only problem about being a male nurse all the female nurses will call you to help lift pts. Anybody catchthose new nursing shows Nurse Jackie and Hawthorne? Jada pinkett is looking nice in Hawthorne and her daughter in the show is not bad either hehe

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

To become a nurse, do you have to look and dead bodies and stuff(in college)? I would be a doctor but i'm not gonna look at no gory *%#...

i would imagine that you would have to take those classes to fully know the human body, but i can stand the gore.

BTW if theres any nurses on NT, PM me any advice on anything that helped you get to where your at right now
carmine, do you mean cadavers? yes we see those in class. naw its not too bad when you start looking at them

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Nursing is a respectable/lucrative career there is no problem here
Some nurses even make more than physicians
smh.gif

cheap #*+ insurances FTL

Originally Posted by sk23

Originally Posted by HyphySole

im taking up nursing
job security, good money, and helping people, ya im fine with becoming a male nurse

Do you know what type of nurse makes the most money? I heard Nursing Anesthetists make mid 100k.

150k+ for nurse anesthetist, but yeah nursing is all good. my gf is a nurse
pimp.gif
Yup, i actually looked in to Nursing Anesthetists, might do that when i start school again

We all know that nurses are usually women, but what do you guys think about men being nurses?

I personally dont think its an issue.

Who cares. Most of them join that field of work because they want to help people. But I've noticed in the city we got them hood doctors tryn to be nursesstealing patients pills and such.

I think nursing is a great job to get into if you want to be in the medical field and cant handle all the schoolwork and time to be a doctor.

But i also know that going to school to become a nurse anesthetist isnt the easiest thing to do.

I'm a nurse and I have been a nurse since 2005. There's ALOT of males now taking up nursing. It's no big deal. I'm a nurse in the BayArea...pay is good, job security, and all that good stuff. I'm actually an LVN since '05 and finsh my LVN to RN bridge program in October this year andthe class is half guys half girls.

As for being a nurse practicioner or doctor, it's not for everybody. Speaking for myself, I can carry out the care but I wouldn't trust myselfdiagnosing people and other stuff like that. I mean your dealing with their lives. But there are people who would love to do that type of stuff, but not me.I'm too scared of the legality issues and what not. But hey, if your down to do it all the power to you.

BSNs from my school came out making 65k+. Once they get the R.N. it goes to like 80k....Good field regardless of gender

I think nursing is a great job to get into if you want to be in the medical field and cant handle all the schoolwork and time to be a doctor.

But i also know that going to school to become a nurse anesthetist isnt the easiest thing to do.
What is the school work like?
and
What type of classes are they?

nerd.gif

i dunno man my school was harsh and that was just to get my RN. by the end when all the smoke settled only like 16 of us remained from our original startingclass of 60.

Be aware that there's a nurse shortage because there aren't enough instructors. If you're trying to get into a program, you might have to wait afew semesters depending on where you live.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

and

nerd.gif
Im not a nursing major, but i am considering it. But I looked at the major map for nursing degree, and I dont think they need organic chem, justregular chem. Correct me if Im wrong nurse majors.

I was thinking about being a nurse, but how many years of college/vocational school do you have to go thru? My mom on the other hand is serious about being anurse. I just want back up plans just in case doing hair and floors don't work out for the rest of my life. But the only thing that would have me shook isdealing with someone who is HIV+ (only if I have to use a needle or clean up HIV+ blood). What does a nurse in general do? I mean I've been to the ER quitea few times. But it just seems that .. like they are there to make you comfortable until the DR comes around. Nurses are caking though... $15 to $45 an hourwhere I live. But my biggest downfall is that if I have to take a math course, I'll struggle real damn hard.

and

nerd.gif
Im not a nursing major, but i am considering it. But I looked at the major map for nursing degree, and I dont think they need organic chem, just regular chem. Correct me if Im wrong nurse majors.

nah man im pretty sure you have to go through Organic Chem, which i heard is a bizznitch. im taking it next next semester

and

nerd.gif
Im not a nursing major, but i am considering it. But I looked at the major map for nursing degree, and I dont think they need organic chem, just regular chem. Correct me if Im wrong nurse majors.

nah man im pretty sure you have to go through Organic Chem, which i heard is a bizznitch. im taking it next next semester
damn, seriously? i had no idea. Maybe I was thinking of CNAs, which have easier classes. I guess for a BA in nursing it requires alot more.

Originally Posted by sk23

im taking up nursing
job security, good money, and helping people, ya im fine with becoming a male nurse

Do you know what type of nurse makes the most money? I heard Nursing Anesthetists make mid 100k.

150k+ for nurse anesthetist, but yeah nursing is all good. my gf is a nurse
pimp.gif
Yep, I'm working towards being a CRNA as well.

As far as the stigma goes, it's almost practically non-existent these days.

Back
Top Bottom