Man...Makaveli MAY Be One of the Most Doctored Albums of All Time

So 'Me and My Girlfriend' came on shuffle yesterday, and I started to think of this interview Mike Dean did a few months back (skip to 2:40)

It got me to thinking about the whole "Simon" as executor producer, and what else about the album could've been altered since it was released after Pac passed.

So I did some googling, and came upon this:

makaveliback.jpg

That is the original back cover of the album (commissioned by Pac himself).

Notice that Big is on there, but when you listen to the album which was pointed out by Nay in that other thread

A new discovery I've come to find is, of all the songs Pac made under the Makaveli alias, he NEVER once mentions�
- Biggie�
- Junior Mafia�
- Having sex with Faith�

BUT he does become more intrested in mentioning�
- How his enimies are still afraid of him�
- How he's a Blood now . . . He mentions the Swahilih language, and if you don't know the term "Damu" is said to mean "Blood" in Swahilih, and even though Suge was Piru his dogs name was Damu . . .�
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
�I think I'm gonna make a DVD�
- On trouble some he names Kadafi as a member of the Outlawz, he's the one who is said to have witnessed the murder, and was gonna speak to police, but was killed in New Jersey a few days later . . . He can be seen in the liner notes of the All Eyez On Me liner notes�
- Bad Boy Killa, but never mentions Bigges name�

So now after realizing this, I really can't look at this album the same anymore. The only direct reference to Big I can think of on the album is that light jab in the intro of Bomb First.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What does all this mean???
nerd.gif
[/font]

That interview is crazy, him saying that he heard the Makaveli album before they removed all the Suge references. Classic album but it's full of so many mysteries

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Originally Posted by NobleKane

so then what was altered? what suge references they talkin about?

Exactly.
that interviewer was wack...straight reading off the paper...anybody with some sense would've at least attempted to dig into that...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

http://api.ning.com/files/F5cC*wW0QRkO7dJWdR96PE51M61VuxMuVzLb8XFzmqCawfqzsEwRdqMkCvYeUHa7Ix3uW*TnEhxA2qjBrcgllBHOwH3HCgTt/2paclegacy.net.jpg

that cover looks kind of fake

especially that highlighted text
You may be right. It looks to be in the same vein as this:
dr-dre-the-chronic-re-lit-and-from-the-vault-remastered.jpg

And if that's the case, that's another project from the "New" Death Row Vaults, which I think lends to why I think the Makaveli album we know is not what Pac had envisioned.

Back to the point I made about Biggie, on 'Bomb First' one the outlawz calls Big out on being King of New York.

That's cool and all, but why doesn't Pac (directly) say anything about Big? It seems real odd when you think about it that Pac has no problem dissing Nas, Jay, Mobb on the track (Shoot, he even dissed Teddy Riley at the end of  'Toss It Up'
laugh.gif
) but for some inconspicuous reason Biggie is omitted.

I'm not trying to reopen that can of worms with this thread (we have this thread for that one), but I think it's truly a shame that we'll probably never hear the real album.

absolutely. but it's still one of the greatest rap albums ever. it's so dense. some of pac's most overlooked lyrics are on the second half of that album.

Never noticed how he really didn't go at BIG on Makaveli. The thought of an "uncensored" version never even crossed my mind. I do remember reading a while back somewhere that there were 2 songs that didn't make the final album tracklist.

supposedly quincy jones iii played the album in its og form (makaveli: the 3 day theory) on ustream a couple years back and somebody ripped and remastered it

this album might be one of his most deepest body of work ever, the way he was rapping was so fierce
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hellaones

supposedly quincy jones iii played the album in its og form (makaveli: the 3 day theory) on ustream a couple years back and somebody ripped and remastered it

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cash Bagz

eek.gif
 Shots at Suge omitted, but "Suge shot me" at the beginning of the album isn't. 
nerd.gif

It didn't say "Suge shot me" it said "they can't stop me"...

lol nobody still says what has been omitted??? and why???

what was the point? what was said about suge and big that wasnt released?

Back
Top Bottom