Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

Came back from watching & l loved it. Great, great, great summer action flick. I love what Goyer & Nolan wrote. I didn't bother reading any of the critics (good or bad). To tell you the truth, since Roger Ebert died, I haven't read any critical reviews of movies because I feel like the critical world lost it's soul the day he died. The only one I'll read is NT's own venom lyrix so I can support an NT member doing something positive.

The casting team for this movie did a phenomenal job because everyone in the movie pulled their weight. Even Laurence Fishburne. There was a pivotal scene where he just carried it with the right amount of gravitas. I'm not sure who played the better role as father between Crowe & Costner as I liked them both. I even liked Law & Order vet Christopher Meloni in his role. Kudos to Antje Traue playing Zod's right hand woman Faora-Ul.

The action in this is non-stop but in a good way IMO. The only criticism I had was that Synder was a little too heavy handed with the special effects because sometimes some of the sequences liked like the visual equivalent of digital noise.

The only other thing is that Hans Zimmer did a solid job with the score, but none of the music was memorable. There was no iconic song that should've made a lasting impression like a lot (if not all) of the work John Williams has done. That's my only other criticism.

If I had to choose this or Donner's Superman as my reference point, I'd pick MOS unequivocally.

I'm looking forward to seeing this again.

* I saw this in IMAX & thought the audio was turned up waaay too loud. There were several moments I saw my son & other audience members covering their ears. Did anyone else think their IMAX experience was too loud?
Yea bro, the theater was literally bumping lol.

Batman Begins is extremely underrated. It's my favorite Batman movie under Nolan.

Not in my eyes man. If TDK is the gold standard, which most have it as and so do I, then Begins is very close to it. I love that movie just like I do the whole trilogy.

Eh, I feel like TDK is overrated because of Heath's performance. No disrespect to the guy because he basically died for the role, but TDK would not be held as highly if Heath was still alive right now. I honestly believe that.

Begins, IMO, is more than a few degrees better than TDK and TDKR. Just my opinion of course.

Smallville fight> Zod fight
Faora :wow:
fcas60.gif

cd4.gif

nq8.gif

6jf.gif

>

mos2ndhi.gif

supesvszod.gif

Just got back from the movies. Man this movie is pretty good. As much as you everyone said it was rushed, I felt like it started slow. But it was good that way cuz they went deep into Supermans old planet. It started slow but I understand why, a trilogy maybe?

No doubt we gonna get a trilogy. Now that they set up everything I have no doubt a sequel will knock it out of the park. I really think they gonna all out and try and find the perfect Lex Luthor ala Heath being the Joker.

At this point, you have to expect every comic book movie to try and be a trilogy. I think it's a rule or something.

Saw it last night. It was pretty good. I felt there was too much destruction though. Also it was kind of weird how he meets lois and then 5 minutes later she's in the fortress and finds out his identity.
-I think they should have had the iconic phantom zone look with the glass that floats in space
-Why did Zod want lois aboard the ship?
-I wanted superman to do like a hyper fast spin throw and use more heat vision in his fights
-Dude really resembled Tom Welling from the smallville tv show

LOL the fight scenes in this make me wonder how is it so hard to make a good DBZ or Street fighter flick, but I guess nobody wants to put a budget behind those

I also like it better than the Avengers but it wasn't near any of the Batman movies. All the batman movies I saw twice in theaters but this isn't one of those movies worth watching twice in theaters. Still a good movie and worth watching.

LOL the fight scenes in this make me wonder how is it so hard to make a good DBZ or Street fighter flick, but I guess nobody wants to put a budget behind those

A DBZ movie with these kind of live action fight scenes would be legit :smokin. Like you said the problem is a studio caring to make a serious, expensive movie about an anime. Plus who they cast will be a funny issue similar to the Dragonball movie that was made.

The action was superfluous and the performances by Henry Cavill and Amy Adams were flat.

Russell Crowe, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue were the standouts in the film.

The script, I felt, could've used one more re-write. I felt like the film relied too highly on action and special effects.

It wasn't a horrible film, flaws notwithstanding. 7/10 for me.

I also like it better than the Avengers but it wasn't near any of the Batman movies. All the batman movies I saw twice in theaters but this isn't one of those movies worth watching twice in theaters. Still a good movie and worth watching.

Too early to claim this. It's much better to wait for this trilogy and compare then. But I know it'll be just as classic as the batman trilogy

So if/when there is a sequel, what will it be titled. Man of steel 2 sounds to vague... Man of Tomorow??

A DBZ movie with these kind of live action fight scenes would be legit :smokin. Like you said the problem is a studio caring to make a serious, expensive movie about an anime. Plus who they cast will be a funny issue similar to the Dragonball movie that was made.

The dragonball movie cost 150 million to make, they obviously can spend the money.

150 mill for that trash somebody got over in that scam of a movie :lol:

The dragonball movie cost 150 million to make, they obviously can spend the money.

150 mill for that trash somebody got over in that scam of a movie :lol:

WTF was in that movie that cost 150 mil?!? I mean they couldn't use part of that budget to make piccolo green???????

They knew she knew who Kal was on Earth and they did that mind reading thing on her (same thing they did on Clark except they probably knew he wouldn't crack) to find out where Ma Kent was so that they can find the ship Kal came from.

Last edited:
The action was superfluous and the performances by Henry Cavill and Amy Adams were flat.

Russell Crowe, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue were the standouts in the film.

The script, I felt, could've used one more re-write. I felt like the film relied too highly on action and special effects.

It wasn't a horrible film, flaws notwithstanding. 7/10 for me.
Yeah I agree.  Also, the chemistry between clark and lois didn't exist... kinda forced on us.

I did enjoy the beginning tho and the story about kryton... i wouldn't have mind if they expanded that part.

The story wasn't well written... the worse...

SPOILER (Highlight) the earth father dying in the tornado and clark didn't try to save him... you knew what they were trying to do but they could have written the death a lil better.

Also, the ending...

SPOILER (Highlight) man... I know they're trying to set up the trilogy but come on after all that you're telling me the works at the daily planet couldn't tell superman from clark kent...

Yeah I agree.  Also, the chemistry between clark and lois didn't exist... kinda forced on us.

I did enjoy the beginning tho and the story about kryton... i wouldn't have mind if they expanded that part.

The story wasn't well written... the worse...

SPOILER (Highlight) the earth father dying in the tornado and clark didn't try to save him... you knew what they were trying to do but they could have written the death a lil better.

Also, the ending...

SPOILER (Highlight) man... I know they're trying to set up the trilogy but come on after all that you're telling me the works at the daily planet couldn't tell superman from clark kent...

son have you never seen any prior superman things? lol Superman it self is a troll on reality, i dont see how you're upset about that when its always been like that.

Saw it yesterday afternoon, a dope 7.5/10 film. Cavill needs to work on his acting some but he definitely looks the part. Crowe was in most of my favorite scenes, dude is still excellent when he decides to show up.

Batman Begins is extremely underrated. It's my favorite Batman movie under Nolan.

Not in my eyes man. If TDK is the gold standard, which most have it as and so do I, then Begins is very close to it. I love that movie just like I do the whole trilogy.

Eh, I feel like TDK is overrated because of Heath's performance. No disrespect to the guy because he basically died for the role, but TDK would not be held as highly if Heath was still alive right now. I honestly believe that.

Begins, IMO, is more than a few degrees better than TDK and TDKR. Just my opinion of course.
:x

Heath definitely made TDK, his role is the best in it bar none but as far as I'm concerned his death is completely irrelevant to the greatness of the movie. TDK is great because it's great not cuz of outside factors with any cast members. Begins was always the movie I felt was overrated cuz when it came out ppl were hype for Batman again but I honestly did not see what the fuss was about. It doesn't move me much. TDK is when I was like wow Nolan knows what he's doing. Begins only looks better in retrospect/hindsight imo but with that said it's definitely better than TDKR (which was a poor ending to a trilogy).

Back
Top Bottom